[Suggestion] Allow us to change secondary colors

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by FIN Faravid, Apr 29, 2019.

1. FIN Faravid

For the moment, you can change color of squad and factions, but secondary color always remains white. This is problem for me. Everyone has different eyes, we see colors bit differently, and in heat of battle i have trouble distinguishing purple with white from blue with white or red with white. I found that it works best if i have NC yellow (darkest shade there is), TR red (darkest red there is) and VS teal (darkest shade there is). But that makes it sometimes tricky to identify my squad leader as he is also yellow.
    I can see all the colors perfectly well, i have no color blindness of any sort and my monitor is great, but in heat of battle i need to see who is who without thinking, so i want very good contrast. It would be brilliant if i could tweak not only primary color that always gets paired with white, but also secondary color. Then i could have NC be yellow with secondary blue and squads could be green with white, white with green, white with black and black with white, and i could still tell squad leaders apart easily and quickly and nobody would get confused with anyone.

I can always use colors that make it easy to tell 3 factions apart. But 3 factions + 4 squads, that is tricky.

Also, please let us customize squad colors when not in a squad. I dont want to join squad to spend 30 minutes adjusting colors without being otherwise useful.

Also, i get sometimes confused if i would use blue or green color for TR and see red vehicles and camo of TR soldiers. Again, not problem outside battles, only when i dont have time to think.

But for the moment, i either have to use colors that contrast badly with white or are sometimes tricky enough to tell apart that i have to actually stop and think for half a second. Half a second is not a problem if i am not in heat of battle - but in battle it is a problem. Also, i cant use white colors for factions or squads atm because white combined with white is not readable unless background happens to be dark.