All out Continent War!!!

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by ArenBlade, Jul 29, 2015.

1. ArenBlade

I'll be the first to admit that a "hey this would be a great idea" kind of thread is usually the kind that I skip over in favor of "fixing" what we already have. THAT BEING SAID. I had a dream and this was what it was.

It would be awesome to have the three factions UNITE and be on the same team against an AI / alien invasion. Bugs or not, it would be really cool.

I don't know if that is even possible but it would be fun to fight alongside those that we normally try to kill and fend off an attack.
    I'm not sure if it would work on the main continents because of how they are set up, but if there was another continent (like the newbie continent) that was brought in for this, that would be awesome!
  2. Leftconsin

This HAS been suggested before.
    There is a way you can fight along side the people you normally kill and join Server Smash.
    Aliens would probably take up a lot of development resources that should be spent elsewhere.
    • Up x 2
  3. Demigan

Not possible, the game is not build for AI. That's why we have just one wonky spitfire. Even mines can be haphazard and detonate too late because they are server-controlled. Now imagine an AI that needs to path across a continent (with exponential resource requirement for each extra meter of distance it needs to path), take into account bullet speed and target speed&direction to lead, using cover etc...

Aside from that, the whole idea just doesn't fit Planetside 2 from my perspective.
    • Up x 2
  4. Nalothisal

As much as I like the idea there are far more glaring issues that need to be sorted out first before anything of this sort be undertaken. Aside from that it is nice to bring it up to discuss the possibility and what would be needed to make it possible.
  5. Sarcasmo

I frequently high tail myself over to one side of the map and choose TR or NC to support in whatever conquest they happen to be taking right then. Most of the time it ends up me dead to the people i'm helping but quite a few times have I found platoons willing to accept me into their fold.