All be praised! cloaking has been buffed!

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by aR2k, Dec 12, 2012.

1. aR2k

So the cloaking has been buffed dramticly!!

1. Cloaking sound has changed, the fading out sound is now allot harder to hear, its more subtle, and the sounds in general is changed.
    2. Crouching down standing still now renders you 95% invicible, find a corner and you basicly have to stand on top of him to see it (yes im running high graphics).

You can even see the gun fade out as soon as you stop moving and crouch down, its VERY good now.
    Tested with several people on different graphic settings.
    Cloaking is now very very good
  2. Quadron

The cloaking while crouching has made you virtually invisible since release of the game. But thanks for noticing!

The cloaking sound I'm not sure about since I haven't played since the patch yet.
  3. gunshooter

The sound is a nice buff. I also noticed that the sound of the full auto Scout rifle has changed for TR - it now sounds like an NC gun. Could this mean it got a stealth damage increase? Probably not, but maybe worth testing.
  4. aR2k

Quadron, that is not true.
    On high settings it was still easy as hell to spot a cloaked guy crouching, on low settings however, it was borderline impossible.
    Just had my entire outfit test it out, and we all agreed on the fact that on high settings now, its allot less visible.
  5. m44v

good to heard. In the other thread somebody pointed that the cloak sound is now different for each faction.
  6. PieBringer

Yeah, I noticed that, m44v. However, some of the sounds for new weapons seem to be... Well, I heard a Medic using one of the unlockable ARs. (might be the new one) On VS, it sounds like a TR weapon when firing, to me. Also noticed the new checkbox on consumables to auto-restock, although I haven't gotten it to work. Has anyone else?

On a related note: hacking terminals still doesn't have all that much of a stealth asset to it... In other news: IRNV scope STILL too useful. (I saw an equipment terminal flip over to TR, and aimed across the doorway as soon as I heard the cloaking sound. (which is now less easily noticed.) I didn't have any trouble shredding that poor Infiltrator to bits...)
  7. Skeith

only the sound changed,the cloak while crouched is the same as before,dont post stuff that didnt actually change please.
  8. BCKrogoth

These weren't in the patch notes. Got a source?
  9. grin

How about in-game footage?

Everyone got a quieter sound and VS and TR got different sounds now. VS sound is very deep and organic. TR sounds like bits of broken glass rolling around. NC got the original sound but slightly quieter. Overall I think the VS one is actually the best, very low pitched and hard to notice. TR is next best but has a high pitched note that may help people notice it. NC got it bad. Not only is theirs the easiest to hear in terms of pitch, but it seems that its also the loudest of the three. This may be a bit of stealth buff/nerf different emprires.

Vidyas:

VS

TR

NC
  10. PeterLawford

Well I'm a little pissed off about this. It's really a nerf, when you think about it, because now that infiltrators sound different enemies will know that you're not a friendly cloaker when they hear the sound.
  11. Amouris

I'm just sad NC were stuck with the old sound.
  12. BCKrogoth

Fair enough, thanks. I'm gunna cautiously say "bug" or at least "unintentional implementation" only because the dev team is pretty transparent about the changes they purposefully implement :)

Full disclosure: I play Inf the least (with sound low so I can hear TS) so I probably wouldn't have heard any differences anyway :D. I like the sound differences, personally. If you're decloaking right ontop of someone (where it would be loudest, would need to see how far the sound carries) you're probably doing it wrong anyway. Pistols do have slight range, and if a battle is going on around you it will get lost in the mix (5.1/7.1 surround systems aside)
  13. MNO

Awesome but, what's the point?

The only real role the infiltrator has is as a sniper. There's zero espionage to be done except hacking the odd terminal.

Calling them "infiltrators" is misleading since they're pigeonholed into the role of a sniper.
    • Up x 1
  14. Drazen

THIS THREAD IS A JOKE,,,,,THIS UPDATE IS A JOKE......devs still dodging the issues, cloak is still worthless, and this "BUFF" is actually a nerf..,...

I'm losing my patience for this game fast and so are all the other pssed off infiltrators. You better rethink what you are doing devs, if your next update ignores infs like this one did , I'm gone.
  15. aR2k

Even tho I agree to some extent, I do enjoy all the buffs we can get
  16. Helwyr

Correct, unique faction cloak noises is very much a nerf, not a buff. Makes me wonder how many posters in the Infiltrator forum are actual Infiltrator players when I see posts about how great **** like this is for the class.
  17. Lazaruz

I like the new VS cloaking sound, it's way better than the old one ( :p NC). But I can understand why people consider the unique sounds a nerf... it takes away one more aspect of being able to "blend in".

The cloaking really needs to be addressed though, especially the effect of IRNV. No other class has their main ability made utterly useless by a simple weapon attachment.
  18. Yasser

Since im new, I had no idea there was a scope that made other classes able to see through the already poor cloaking we have. This sounds really bad. Out of one week experience I have in Planetside 2, I must continue saying that we need C4, better cloaking and an exclusive function other than hacking, like for example being the only ones being able to sabotage generators, or approach enemy mechanized units and make them immobile for sometime, if they don't want us to have C4.
  19. Marked4Death

Hmm, must be an EQ thing but the VS one is far louder to me. (using cheapish 2.1 speakers).
  20. Tyzh

I, for one, support our new unique sound overlords.

I wish they put this nonsense in the patchnotes, though.