[Suggestion] All Assault Rifles need Semi-Auto ability.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by AntDX316, Dec 1, 2022.

1. AntDX316

All Assault Rifles need Semi-Auto ability. I got the new NS-Endeavor rifle package and the SMG and Carbine are cool it's just the Assault Rifle one is bad to use. I want it to be semi-auto like the NS-Frontline. There also needs to be more scopes for the Endeavors especially the Assault Rifle.

The Assault Rifles have more range than the Carbine but the fact you can't semi-auto all of them is dumb. There should also be a 5x scope option for All Assault Rifles in the game to fill the void just under Scout Rifle.

Only Medics and Engineer (ASP) can use the Assault Rifle but the spray of the Assault Rifle in Full-Auto at range is very bad.

Highly recommend to omit the 3-burst option so it's just full-auto or semi quickly.
  2. JibbaJabba

I'm a HUGE assault rifle fan. I'm not feeling this at all.

There is no need for a semi-auto on the assault rifles. Not much need for it on any gun really. Just control your bursts based on your range. Reset bloom when you stop hitting.

I find the semi-auto option to be annoying. It gives no upside (I can already single shot with a full auto gun) but gives the downside of being in the wrong mode at times so I have an extra action to perform before I can full auto again.

I don't have a use for a 5x scope on an assault rifle either. I have ASP secondary on my medic if I want range. Rarely am I using it though. Medic engagements for me are often "kill the thing that killed the guy I need to rez" or "double peek this corner with my heavy who is holding it". So hipfire engagements are far more common that 3.4x or greater engagements.

The NS-11A is one of the best guns in the whole game. It should not be a struggle to use and doesn't need any enhancement.
  3. AntDX316

I mean, I was checking out Burst fire and using the Lacerta VS gun and it's awesome. All guns should have single, burst, full-auto capability.