[Suggestion] All-Access Koltyr

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by ridicOne, Nov 9, 2015.

1. ridicOne

Since this game lacks the funding to continue developing at a rate which will please people. I suggest using Koltyr as way for All-Access members to que for a competition with the winning faction getting advantages for the open world.
    This is truly something I don't want to see in this game but with the way everything has been very slowly progressing you need to start getting more development done. The only way I see this occurring is if the game starts producing more income. I think this would be one of the easier ways to try something new.

Love to hear ideas for others;

Population locks after x amount per faction.
    What kind of benefits for winning. (carrier would be nice)

I just think if you give people drive for a goal. It could interest old players back and bring new players in.

The balancing act will always be the issue here.
  2. FateJH

You have a few distinct goals in this thread but I'm not certain how any one leads to or assists in the other.
  3. ridicOne

The game has never had an I win feel to it. Lots of people play games to win.

An All-Access qued Koltyr would give people opportunity to give that sort of feeling. I'm not going to spend tons of time going into specific detail because I've seen enough people on forumside do this to no avail.
    If you create a need that people want that costs money you gain income to hopefully put back into the development of the game.

You would have the population capped for each faction to make the fight even. Maybe use victory points to decide a winner in the end because territory control doesn't work on 3 ways.

The winner gets a benefit to the faction. As I said carriers would be nice because people would gun to win just to have something special.
    Not sure about leading or assisting? This could lead to elite matches... Which is what they wanted todo anyways but stopped working on it.
    Use the assets they have that are already in place. This wouldn't take as much time to whip up since they already have stuff like this in place for H1Z1.
  4. MorganM

Let me get this straight... Alerts, continental locking, and VP wins are not a good enough win scenario... but they are on your pay-to-play Koltyr?

I don't get it...
    • Up x 1
  5. ridicOne

Problem is there are far too many factors that come into play in a non-controlled setting. Right now you can win because the other factions are spending too much time fighting on one front.
    This is a controlled setting that can be created even can be a two way.
    As I first stated this isn't something I want but this game has little reason for people to spend money on it and lots of people don't.
    As someone whom has done yearly subs since before this game came out, I'm not sure what I'm supporting anymore at this point.
    I just want to find a way to create more income for the game I love that is slowly dying. The investment company spends money on games that are making money this games been pretty much the same since launch... I can think of a handful of major changes.
  6. johnway

Personally i want to have a kolyr as a way to force all players into a small area to make an epic battle of sorts to capture the very essence of ps2 warface into one lethal blood bath. Hell, redesign kolytr so that 2 minor factions have to take out a super fortress filled with trenches, bunkers, bristling with landing pads, turrets, outlying bases, multi layered bases and resemble something a city of sorts.

Winner walks away with a 20% xp buff or something.
  7. ridicOne

Like I said I'm open to any suggestions, but once again this isn't a F2P option which lots of people won't like to hear. They need some sort of paywall to make money for this game. There needs to be much more development and Daybreak seems to invest into games that make money. Right now as it stands the game has little reason for most people to spend especially vets. Once you know the ropes or are a vet with multiple BR100's you don't really need to spend anymore in the game. It's kinda ironic they have icons to show people within your squad or platoon to show if they are all-access or are running a booster. Guess what I'll make a bold claim and say maybe 5% of people I see in groups are running either.

Implants didn't work, bounty's sure don't look like their working. Even if your suggestion to get funding towards this game doesn't have anything to do with Koltyr, throw it in here. This is just what I was looking at since most aspects to do this are in place.