[Suggestion] Alerts Needs a Set Time

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by AwakenRiceball, May 3, 2013.

1. AwakenRiceball

I have noticed with every maintenance, the Alert timer changes. The Alerts should be a set time every time.
    I just logged off because on Matherson, Indar alert just happened at 2 A.M. Eastern Time when it should be nearly ending like it did before the GU8 patch.

Times should be (I am guessing every 4 hours)

9:00 A.M. ~ 11 A.M.
    3 P.M. ~ 5 P.M.
    9 P.M. ~ 11 P.M.

I love the alert system, but when it keeps changing, it messes up my schedule that I work around to maximize my playtime during alerts.

This needs to be implemented!
  2. Jac70

Nah, the alerts are triggered when the continents meet certain criteria. Makes it as fair a contest as possible.
  3. Dramma Lamma

So it can be even easier to Just login at the right time for free certs. Assuming the event is not won entirely before that time.
    It's already theoretically possible to top the score per minute leader-board by doing this, and you want to make it easier to do it?
    I'm actually shocked someone hasn't done this yet just to prove the point.

Servers with high populations of certain factions already stand a huge advantage in alerts, making it more predictable would once again simply reward #'s over all.

They may be a bit off lately in terms of prime time and convenient start and end times for most players.
    But it certainly should never be on a defined schedule.