Alerts Are Now Meaningless

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by 000AmidimA000, Nov 18, 2015.

1. 000AmidimA000

Alerts a few months ago had me hooked in to my seat even after I considered leaving. I would see there was 30 minutes left on the alert and so decide to stay instead. Sometimes I would be playing, see an alert start up, and then go fight in the alert for the entire 2 hours just because there was alert to participate in. When they were close too, and you were fighting with even pop at a base and had the control point, and realized you could just barely squeak in a win if you gave it everything you had and your team held it together... man there were some seriously *** clenchingly tense scenarios.

Now, I get off whenever the **** I want, because alerts do nothing to hold me in. I see one, and think "Oh great... a meaningless little red siren going round and round. Maybe I should fight in it... naw... naw I'm going to go do life related things now instead." Alerts aren't intense, alerts aren't a congregating factor, they're just bull **** now, and totally, and utterly, meaningless. Congratulations on killing Alerts DBG.. R.I.P. Alerts. *Plays a sad, sad, slowed down version of Taps*
    • Up x 2
  2. FLHuk

Sandbox game and as such you're only limited by your own imagination.

As such most vets become bitter ****ters who farm and or pick on groups of other players... I know I do :)

It either keeps you entertained or you move on. So for me at least it makes no difference, alerts are just a source of concentrated fodder to try and reap, mostly badly ;)
    • Up x 1
  3. ElricVIII

Not only that, but the exp reward at the end encouraged you to participate even if you were on the losing end of pop, in order to maximize your bonus.
  4. FieldMarshall

But alerts have always been meaningless.
    There has never been a real reward or incentive to participate in alerts.
    NC/TR figured it out long ago. The only ones who dont get it, and still tryhard alerts is VS.
    Ghost caps and zerg fights with no kills and spawnroom campers, for a chance at a 30 cert "reward" 2 hours later. Whoop de doo.

At least with the new system, people have more control over what continent they get to fight on.
    And dont immediately get locked out of potentially fun/good fights at the end of alerts.
  5. FateJH

That's actually a healthy attitutde.