[BUG] Alert victory contraversy.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Kristan, Nov 1, 2018.

1. Kristan

Currently on Miller we had an alert on Esamir. By the end of timer it was 34% TR, 34% VS, 22% NC. Suddenly I get announcement that VS won the alert, yet at the far right corner it was stated that TR won this alert and locked the continent. Totally confused I have died from VS orbital bombardment. It looked like this.

[IMG]
    • Up x 1
  2. Eternaloptimist

I guess there must be some tie breaker in use. Maybe the faction that held territory the longest, or scored most xp or something.
  3. Jbeasty

Have had that happen frequently, it did just last night in fact. I was playing NC, we had 38% alongside VS with 38% (iirc). NC had the lions share of territory 90% of the alert with 40%+ until the end.

VS won the continent. Pretty sure it is just a coin toss. Have seen a faction have like ~5 bases almost capped, or losing ~5 bases right before the end, it didn't seem to effect the outcome.
  4. Trigga

Well first thing i noticed is that your %s dont add up to 100%, NC should be 32% in your scenario, i inferred this was just a typo.

The %, as far as i understand it, is the actual size % of territory held, not an even amount of % per hex, so bigger hex's give a larger % benefit.
    Each 'hex' is made up of small hexagons, I believe the game counts the number of small hexagons total on the map and assigns % based on how many of those are owned, not how many bases are owned.
    So for example, Indar Ex will give more % than Ti Alloys.
    So its possible that although the % were rounded to show whole numbers that were equal, it was infact 34.4% VS and 33.8% TR. Both of these rounded would give 34%, while TR is obviously the lower number. NC would have 31.8% in this example, which fits.

This of course doesnt explain why the game gives the incorrect pop-up.
    Big question is, did you qualify for a reward Kristan?
    Was it the winners reward or the losers?
    And, did VS get the same reward or different?
  5. Kristan

Yea, I've noticed that I've messed up NC %. Prolly was sleepy and still confused.

The reward was not that significant, I've joined in the middle of the alert and got 93 certs and ISO. If I'd be on the winning side I'd get at least 150 certs for half of the alert, but it looks like I've got the second place reward, while on the map it appears that continent was locked by TR.

Something tells me things might have been messed up because alert ended right at the moment of my respawn.
  6. Blam320

Partial ownership of territory is counted. VS was probably actively capturing more territory, and/or was much farther along in terms of capture progress.