Alert hoppping - empire switch timer needed

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Blackweb, Sep 7, 2013.

1. Silver Fox

This should go up on a board of ideas to present to the devs once the optimization and PS4 craze settles down.
  2. DxAdder

Is there really a need for all this ?

I have multiple characters on one server and you want me to be forced to play a certain faction
    because there is an alert on ?

Sorry to say but the reality is I'm here to have fun and be stuck playing a faction I know is going to lose
    the alert won't work for me.

Besides the passive cert gain issue which again I don't see SOE spending a dime on to redo
    why not just fix how alerts work instead.

First eliminate muliti-content Alerts, if your faction can't fill one content for an alert you have bigger problems.

Change how exp is rewarded, instead of a 10K reward reduce this to 2.5K and increase the
    bounus exp from 20% to 50% during the alert. Even if you lose if or get booted off your still going to
    gain more exp and it wouldn't matter what faction your playing.

But any solution that is going to punish players players that have more then one character wont happen.
  3. Ronin Oni

*SOE implements faction switching limits*

*being F2P, 4th factioners just create new accounts to use instead*

*nothing changed*

sorry, don't see this accomplishing much.

How about we just give a bunch more XP to fighting outnumbered? Combine Server, Continent and Region XP imbalance bonuses together stacking up to 50-100% XP bonus (depending on severity)

4th factioners jump ship? No problem, you'll get more XP than the alert from bonus XP from fighting.
  4. IamDH

BOOM
  5. ohmikkie

Totally agree. I'm in the same boat. If a pay to have 6 slots then I should not be barred from using them when I want. Having said that If the remove the login requirement for the the passive certs then I would not mind too much if the had a block for a couple of hours.
  6. Blackweb

Ever heard of IP and MAC addresses? It can be done.
  7. Ronin Oni

Ever hear of college dorms?

No, it wouldn't work. Not fairly.

Missing the point. There are other issues. People trying to log in for daily certs (particularly those with subs) for example.

4th faction is solvable in other ways.

Like... XP. ermerghard, who'da thunk it?!?
    • Up x 1
  8. Blackweb

Regardless, a 10-20% population shift for every alert is unacceptable.
  9. Ronin Oni

what if that came with a 20-40% XP boost?
  10. Blackweb

That kinda defeats the purpose of winning and losing. If the low pop/loser gets the highest XP, whats the pont?
  11. Blackweb

The TR have a 15% world pop advantage in the current alert.
  12. CL4p2p

>One faction per server
    >One account per IP
    >Autorise switching character server once in week/15days/month

Problem solved....

-The one who want multi char can do it on different server (really guys I live in FRANCE and play on Connery Us West, talked with some players and , except the lag issue about the broken update, I don't have much more latency than them)
    -Wanna play with a friend ? Take the same faction before choosing it....
    -Too late ? Switch server with char 1 and create char 2 on the first server , enjoy your game with your friends now

What do you need more ?

Except with changing IP/dynamic IP/ Second Computer , that will not be broken and even with this I think a really smaaaaall part will do that so problem solved...
  13. Littleman

Pretty sure no one here gets to dictate how SOE can and should restrict multiple characters. Also pretty sure anyone coming up with the methods really don't understand how easy it is to fudge them all.

Deal with it: it's an F2P, we're going to see empire hoppers. Stop ******** on the forums every time there's a perceived imbalance and maybe the group think mentality won't encourage these folks to jump ship towards the winning/OP empire.
  14. Tasbir

Yeah... I doubt the pop will ever get balanced. The lower pop just needs more bonuses.
    Like maybe making it so the lower pop captures bases faster?
    Don't kill me it's just a suggestion.
  15. Blackweb

I am pretty sure SOE can figure it out.