Alert certs awarded to people who crash or leave in the last moments

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Kurohagane, Aug 13, 2013.

1. Kurohagane

Right now a alert on miller has ended, and me and my outfit/public platoon have coordinated an assault with DIG and took 6 out of 9 bio labs. It was literally 1 minute away from ending. I was going to embrace the shower of certs, but as i wanted to open the map to see the status of all the bio-labs, my game crashed, and i DIDNT MAKE IT.

It was really painful, seeing as i was online and helping for the entire 2 hours of the alert. Could we put in some sort of safeguard for moments like this? It's really infuriating, i missed a ton of certs and kinda wasted my time due to a stupid bug.

Also my reaction to this was summed up in my signature.
    • Up x 13
  2. ScottishRoss

^ he has a point.
    • Up x 5
  3. Kaale

Yep always seems to be the last 5 minutes, then can't get back on. (and if you do do you lose your 2hrs?)
  4. NinjaTurtle

5. Pikachu

Can they not track the amount of time a player has been online during a specific alert and give the correct XP next time he logs in?
    • Up x 2
  6. Kurohagane

That was what i was thinking of.
    • Up x 1
  7. vulkkan

Happened to me today, my GPU overheated four minutes right before TR were about to win an alert with 5/9 amp stations capped, which I participated in the whole time. My computer couldn't reboot in time, but it wouldn't have mattered because I'd have been awarded almost nothing.
    (Maybe rework alerts to award a flat XP% boost during the duration depending on how many objectives you own?)
  8. Vashyo

lol I've crashed in pretty much all alerts lately, I dunno why the game got so crashy again all of a sudden. Just sucks I lose all that extra XP. :/
  9. Kurohagane

Yeah, also it is quite ironic that i haven't really crashed for months (excluding the crash-on-quit thing) but i just happened to at the worst time possible.
  10. BraSS

+1, this is annoying as hell.
  11. Vixxing

Same thing happened to me the other night, but when i looked at XP it said i earned 6k just when i logged in... (didnt get a message though but XP was still there...)
  12. DeathTollDavid

I've often said they need to track the time a player fought during an alert and award accordingly. Two hours is a long time to play without a crash or being interrupted.
  13. St0mpy

Would be easier to give certs for the time since the alert started when they log out.

Might even help cut down end of alert evacuations if people received certs for time served rather than idling out to the end.
  14. Kurohagane

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

i'm bumping this thread again because IT HAPPENED AGAIN JUST NOW

I opened up a small squad in our outfit during a miller global amp-station alert, and we were contributing, literally, even with our low numbers. I listened to the command channel and did decisions myself, and for the first 2/4 of the alert we were like a mop-up crew, capping back territories that were ghost-capped and those near the amp stations as a security measure.

Then for aprox. 1/4 of it we pushed at sungrey, and we had 3 amp stations at that time, but after that the southern TR front started advancing towards wokuk so everyone pulled out and went there. The overwhelming TR population lpushed us back to a glorious last stand at wokuk, where we even max-crashed, and although it didn't push them back, it bought us just enough time to defend the SCU for a minute or two and so they did not cap the amp station in time for the alert to end! And all would be cool 'n shiz if not the fact i literally crashed just a minute before the end and did not get any award for leading a squad of people helping with defense of amerish for TWO HOURS.

And as added insult to injury i have school starting tomorrow, so i wasted two hours that could have been used for preparation. If i knew it'd end this way, i'd not even touch planetside today.