Aircraft pilots, here's how its supposed to be.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Nehemia, Jan 12, 2013.

1. kazumi

Yea, however if you cannot see the MAX unit untill your right over them..."smart MAX units wait" then your boned. And IF you make it out with half health..Your counted as a lucky fool.

Look, the render distance is a massive distance. No unit should be able to see something, well the other cannot. It's unfair, and unbalanced. Keep your damage buff, I'll eat my armor nerf. However I won't accept invisible units to continue to chip away at me endlessly. Heck, take another 5% buff. If I can SEE you, I"m gonna tear you apart no matter how much you nerf me. We should just have a fighting chance is all I ask.
  2. GamerOS

The ESF that where in air before all had A2G rocket pods equiped, most of them wouldn't bother to lift a finger to engage enemy ESF or enemy Air.

Nothing is going to change in that.

ESF interested in A2A combat are still going to be able to fly at altitudes out of range of heavy AA and deal with enemy Air.
    Heck, you might see more of the previous rocket pod spammer focus on taking down enemy air and actually doing their job.
    • Up x 1
  3. Pat22

Right because you can see every little MAX in a window, or in a doorway, or skyguard ( completely indistinguishable from a regular lightning until it starts firing at you or you get in the 150m range ) hiding beneath trees or under balconies up to 1km away?

Chances are, even if the render distance was effective at 1000m, you'd still be getting shot at by AA before you actually saw it.

Don't get me wrong though, I still support the MAX render distance fix, I just don't think it will make things so much better for pilots.
    Hell, my skyguard renders like normal vehicles and enemy aircraft still fly right near me only to eat a facefull of flak.
  4. Loegi

I think most aircraft have that IR scope. I think that would show alert them at least to enemy AA MAX presence. It's that stupidly effective I think.
  5. kazumi

Were not asking for anything insane. Sure, if it's hiding good, we won't see it. But a AA MAX standing on a landing pad, or in the middle of a field starts firing at us from 600m away, and we cannot even render it till 250m away is not balanced. If it's hiding in a window, fine. But being clearly in the open, but invisible until we're directly in their face? That's not balanced that's "broken"

Keep your damage buff, I"ll eat my armor nerf. But this render issue needs fixing ASAP.
  6. Xiphos

I'm still waiting for the Skyguard to be able to destroy fighters THAT ARE NOT HOVERING OR MOVING SLOWLY AT CLOSE RANGE.
  7. Gustavo M

@OP

Most of the playerbase Is compounded by Rambos, lonewolfes and such expecting to kill an army of 100 with a Lib.
    You can't fit "common sense" inside their heads. They are already doomed , with any chance of salvation.
    So does the Internet.
  8. Malsvir Vishe

The thing that's funny is that with a good liberator pilot, they can still destroy AA turrets and skyguards. It just takes a bit more coordination from the air force to now take out the ground force. It still also takes coordination from ground units to take out air units. Also, the damage buff, if present, is very tiny. Really, most people getting taken out by AA now are the ones foolish enough to stop moving or (in the case of ESF's) get too close. Yes, there are some render distance issues, but those should be fixed in due time.
    If a skyguard could do that, then it would also be OP. Remember, this is a combined arms game. A tank that can lone wolf take out an aircraft with ease is not combined arms.
  9. kazumi

How? It does not show hostiles till 200m. A MAX can see and fire at us from 600m or more. Sure, if we get close we can see them like a Burning building from a mile away. But it's worthless to get that close, cause we're just gonna have to hail away before we could even do anything with that scope.
  10. Loegi

Really? I thought it had pretty much unlimited range, aside from the obvious rendering issues.
  11. Wibin

Uhh....

Just to point out you contradicting yourself here...

The fact AA is more powerful now means we can ... shoot the libs down easier.....

The issue with AA is it was just pathetic, even when organized. I could easily fly my stock lib in with a zepher and make it out no problems while getting kills and taking out their AA farm.
    • Up x 1
  12. Tharrn

You mean like turrets and Skyguards couldn't touch liberators that staid far enough away while they could hit said turrets and Skyguards? What goes round comes round XD
  13. Guyshep

The balance situation in PS1 was "worse" when it came to ground game. While a Skyguard back then was a 2-seat buggy, it had an anti-infantry gun and a flak cannon powerful enough to kill ESFs about 2-3 seconds sooner than

I'm not very good, though, just the average guy. While I actually was part of a team, there wasn't much stopping me or you or Joe McScottish from being an ace pilot. If anything, I just didn't really have lots of wingman-based dogfighting action, and it was more "easily pick off aircraft and ground units with my nosegun and rocket pods, respectively". When it comes to flying, it's entirely based on choosing your fights, and you can still run away or retreat with only a partially damaged craft by the time it's over. Also, infantry and ground vehicles were more powerful and durable back then, and despite that, there was a balanced amount of everything, and a right time to use air, ground, or infantry. Even AzK managed to farm kills in a Reaver back in PS1.

People have spent a lot of time to secure their thoughts and determine what's best for the game. For example, people speculate that XP gains for simply hitting aircraft will fix AA, but that only works with people who play the game for the XP, and not to get results whenever they change their loadout for the correct situation. I pull a Sunderer, people spawn from it, and we take the base due to a constant stream of TR attacking the enemy. I pull a Skyguard or hop in a Phalanx, and I end up envious that ESFs can do the same thing I can, but much better, and they can do more. The majority of my XP gained while doing AA work being mostly assists is just liquid excrement icing on my turd cake. Overall, a flat out "Make AA better" update was simply needed.
  14. kazumi

Umm...no..It's 200m..And even then you cannot tell friend or foe apart, and they don't become clear targets till 150m. If you used this scope, and took time to "learn" what your talking about. You would not be talking like a moron.
  15. Nehemia

We found, until AA patch that the most efficient way to bring down a liberator hovering over was to place an spawn beacon with a squad full of friends. /Suicide and perform an VOIP co-ordinated drop pod rain at it. If even 2-3 hit, the liberator is doomed, with luck, one drop pod to the wing causes it to crash.
  16. kazumi

Goes around comes around? That makes NO sense in this context. Libs have the same render issues. In fact they have a more limited range then a Skyguard. What they relied on was the tracers. They cannot see from that range in the sky. It's literary impossible because of the rendering engine. If they are out of range, they are just firing blindly, or using spotters to get close. You know not what you speak of, yet talk like you do.
  17. kazumi

I've come to realize something..

Alot of the complainers about the EFS are ...Ready for it....post beta players....They know nothing. They just complain...Complain...And complain. Half of them don't even have 2 weeks of gameplay under their belts...Yet they will talk like they know sht. Utterly amazing..This community is going to shhhhtt.. COD fanboys are swarming..
  18. Loegi

Great assumption there mate.
  19. Guyshep

The 1km thing was an exaggeration, but when all that's left for the pilot is situational awareness to either save or kill him, you end up having something decent. It's just that when rendering gets improved, the area denial bubble that AA produces will be more visible to pilots.
  20. kazumi

Roughly 1/3 of the players I've checked today complaining have been post Beta testers. And even those that fell into the Beta testing, were final week/final 2 week testers. Sure, some are not. But a fair amount, are.