Air to Ground Farming Too Easy

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Hot Pockets, Nov 29, 2014.

1. Hot Pockets

So this morning I thought I'd hop on my TR main and do a bit of flying. Having not tried the banshee before, I decided to unlock and do abit of casual farming. I equipped rocket pods, and jumped into the fight on hossin.
    Oh. My. Jesus.
    This air combo is ridiculously OP. Ten kills (which took like 2 minutes) after starting I went out and bought thermal and extended mags. I've been an occasional aircraft farmer for awhile now, and I'm adept at controlling my mossie. This gun just triples my kill potential. It can't get quite as many guys per mag as the rocket pods, so if there is a total flustercluck I'll just dump those, but the TTK is ridiculously fast- I run stealth so I can sneak up on a burster max and basically one mag him.
    This weapon is next to useless against air, and if the enemy had had balanced pop the airspace would have been contested alot more. Nonetheless, I wasn't exactly camping- I'd do a strafing run in, kill a guy or 2 in literally a second, and be out before aa could hit me.
    In an ideal situation, where pop is even and forces are evenly distributed, this weapon would be fairly ineffective.
    The fights I participated in today were for the most part not balanced, either because we had overpop or the NC/VS ineptitude.

Check my killboard- search BenedictXVII in the players site. At the end of an hour, I had over a 100 kills and my kd was like 7.5.

TLDR;
    Banshee is dank af and it makes me cream myself.
    Also a little OP.
    • Up x 6
  2. Demetrios

They know, just make sure to get your Auraxium before it gets removed.
  3. SpartanPsycho

You should play with the banshee more. You are easily farmed by me in my reaver/vs esf :D
    Soe should implement a true TR weapon for the banshee. 1000 RPM 50 damage indirect 100 direct current spread and drop more velocity and 120 mag size
  4. Hot Pockets

Haha yeah. As I said it really doesn't function in any scenario where theres air that can chase you down and abuse you. No enemy air= lots of kills
  5. Hot Pockets

Oh dear sir you are mlg.
    How many hours have you played all in all?
  6. NoctD

Lulz... kill 1 guy with the Banshee and get blasted out of the air by a Vanguard. You sir, are just BAD. Thanks for sharing your player profile with us.

Try keeping up with your initial kill streak and show us at least 10 repeats of it. You can farm peons who don't bother fighting back, but once you try to really engage in any real fight you'll die repeatedly.
  7. david06

It's pretty easy to farm small fights or outnumbered opponents with any ESF AI weapon.

You're not so vulnerable to enemy ESFs if you run coyotes as your secondary.
    • Up x 1
  8. \m/SLAYER\m/

:eek::eek::eek: the real challenge for infantry - to kill dat AI ESF
  9. Targanwolf

OP
    SOE has heard you comments for years. They don't care what we think.
    OF COURSE you are correct.
    My anger has been there is NOT a powerful counter to AIR power.IF you don't have powerful air cover in your battles and the other side does......you're nothing but objects to be harvested.
    and SOE doesn't care.
    • Up x 2
  10. Cest7

OP makes good points about weapon being slightly OP
    • Up x 1
  11. Einharjar

So, this is informative - but..
    let me get this straight...

You-

-Point out that an Anti-Infantry Weapon is actually good at anti-infantry.

-Point out that you're only successful if the air space you're flying Attack/Strike sorties in isn't contested by AA or Air Superiority from the other faction.

-Point out even further that if you're intercepted by Enemy Air Superiority or is hits a large AA zones in sizable fight; you're screwed.

-Still claim it's OP. (albeit, only slightly)

Weapon actually being fun, feels OP and yet CLEARLY has a freaking counter.

I'll be damned if some one actually mentions team work being the balance of this...

The only guy with a clear head is the NC who can't wait to find you because his Air Superiority Reaver will rip you to shreds.

Why is this a problem? Why do we keep nerfing things? If the AA Tigers are hungry for you because they know you're an easy kill, then why is this OP? Sounds like you can't operate in contested Air-space at all.
    Sounds like there's plenty-o-counter to this "OP" weapon IMO.

All this tells me is that there's a weapon that actually feels fun and performs it's function without having is balls totally ripped off (yet) and that if I were on my VS or NC, I'd simply not go near an area that doesn't have my allies providing Air Cover (I already do this on TR too, surprise surprise). How hard is that?

Do we need a better tutorial or something for people to understand how combined arms works?
    • Up x 1
  12. QuantumSerpent

Sure, if they're running around begging to be killed...
    But a couple Bursters or some Skyguards or AA turrets or enemy ESFs will ruin your whole day. In other words, if they have ANY defenses, you're useless.
  13. Silus

Solo a Skyguard with it, THEN we'll talk.
  14. xxxdevilsownxxx

I just put some certs in the MAX and found it a lot easier to farm with :)
    I guess flying needs some more practice
  15. KnightCole

Yeah, Banshee sure is a pretty amazing weapon....
  16. Alarox

I just wish the Banshee wasn't near instant death from 100s of meters even with Flak 5.
    • Up x 1
  17. Matt879

He was trying to show how strong the banshee is, but of course, go ahead, make it personal. Either you're a bad troll or just a bad person.
    • Up x 2
  18. axiom537

Who would have thought, fast moving, agile vehicles that are not limited to a 2 dimensional plane,that naturally control the high ground would be better at killing things that are slower, less agile, attached to a single plane.
  19. Kheibrn

Hey, Hey, A OP TR weapon? Don`t complain :).
  20. QuantumSerpent

It's not... one round does 350 damage so you need at least 3 rounds to kill infantry. And all 3 rounds are definitely not going to hit in a row from hundreds of meters away. It's not a terribly accurate weapon.