Aim goes up when getting hit - unfair in close 1v1 situations against high rate of fire guys

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Megagoth1702, Dec 4, 2012.

1. Megagoth1702

Brochacho, that's exactly what I am saying. In CQB you are ******.

So what, a vanu heavy assault can carry a rocket launcher and an LMG that does good damage over distance AND is superior in CQB against an NC heavy?

F*uck that mentality bro. God damn right you can see balance off the charts. How do you think game developers balance their game? By testing every single thing in game? Haha, hell no. At least half of it happens by tweaking dry numbers and only THEN trying it out and if it feels okay it's good enough most of the times. Balancing weapons is a *****.
  2. Snarkyfoo

Exactly. Screw all the sights for your shotgun.
    Buy an extended mag and just click like crazy every time you get near someone.
  3. Jestunhi

Only because you think ADS flinching means bad at CQB.

The reality is that you should not be in ADS while in CQB.

:edit:

And no, they do not balance the guns based on how they feel to the players, because that would be a horribly inaccurate way to do it.

They will ignore the whines and look at the actual data behind all the combat.
  4. Megagoth1702

Yep, see? So they GOT data. And that data comes from the INITIAL weapon damage data. Skill and aim will be at equal levels after a while. The only thing not changing is the damage. Think BF3 frag rounds. Their damage output was nerfed and now it's balanced.

I am going to bet 1$$ on following - the data in a few months will show that 1 on 1 heavy assault battles in NC vs. VS scenarios were won by VANU, at least 60-70%.

I have some experience in battlefield 3 competitive play and there it is the same - people pick the weapon that gives them accuracy fitting the job (so it's not nr1 priority on CQB maps), good reload time and maximum damage output possible to win these 1 on 1 fights.

As far as I can see it It works the same way in PS2. Bigger damage output -> winning firefight.

Also - in hipfire vanu will win as well due to ROF spamming the area much more than NC could.

I appreciate your thoughts and time you put into this thread but please stop trying to tell me that NC and vanu have equal chances if I stop going ADS or start hipfiring in CQB.

The original post said I was annoyed in 1 on 1 fights, not CQB fights. 1 on 1 can happen from 10m up to 75m and I still get ****** by people with equal aim and a higher ROF.
  5. Jestunhi

Utterly pointless statistic.

This game is not balanced around 1 HA vs 1 HA.

And that's exactly why they cannot use players opinions to help balance, so many people have no idea how balance works.

Metrics recorded by player battles will be used to balance, and there is more of it every second.

It's not based on the initial data, looking at a couple of stats on the guns in lab conditions is useless.
  6. Megagoth1702

Alright. About that data - screw it. We will see. I can't wait for some data to be released.

"Game is not based on 1 HA vs 1 HA" - true that. But what about "1 player vs. 1 player using the same equipment as much as they can"?
  7. Jestunhi

not that either.

By default 2 players with "the same equipment" will be decided by skill if it's a 1 on 1. Well, that or luck. Or the amount spent on the PC / connection (i.e. fps / ping differences).

But Planetside 2 is not balanced around any kind of 1 vs 1 situation. It's not a 1 vs 1 game, it's a team game.

I would guess they pick a number of players, perhaps the max size of a platoon, and balance it around that. But the chances of that number being 1 are neigh on zero.

And balance also has to account for weapon unlocks, weapon mod availability, ground vehicles, air vehicles, and all sorts of mixes of classes.

Each class could have completely different loadouts, each vehicle could have weapons focusing on a different playertype, each faction not only has unique weapons but also some unique vehicles which come into play when looking at balance.

Balance is very much a big picture kind of thing, I'd certainly not like to be the one trying to work it out with so many variables and such potentially high numbers of participants.
  8. Auto_Bob

I am by no means a pro, but i tend to win 1 v 1 engagements vs vanu at range, but up close it is a lot tougher. This seems reasonable to me since NC guns hit hard and have better initial cone of fire. Vanu guns shoot faster and have a less favorable intitial cone, so they do better in CQC.
  9. Scrambles1

I will say this: Either network lag or NC gun mechanics, my bullets do not go where the cross hairs are.

Regardless of the condition, if my shots don't go where my sights are it is a frustrating and pointless battle to fight.

Its very similar to hiding behind a wall or rock and still getting shot. I can't make adjustments to something that is out of my control.
  10. Tasogie

lol dont get shot, kill first. Jesus now we have a new crusade, guns are too powerful if it shoots to fast. Why are you alone, why are you standing still why is he not dead before he shot you.... why....
    Bullet drop,
    spread
    recoil
    all are taken into account
    A weapon is not "op" as you call it, because he fires faster than you. Guns in real world all have diff fire rates. Its called physics an science:).
    How is it unfair that he shoots faster than you?
  11. -lOldboyl-

Yeah, it's much less of an issue for TR and Vanu with higher RPM weapons they have. It's very noticeable even with x1 sights so stop saying "don't use scopes".

With the HA LMG it's really... really bad. I'm glad the Alpha Squad came with the EM6 LMG (less damage but much higher RPM similar to the TR LMG) because it's miles better.
  12. Zaik

Most CQC non-shotgun weapons have extremely high rates of fire. Gauss SAW is more of a Mid-long weapon. You can't really expect every gun to operate good at every range.

If you're not too attached to the HA class, I'd recommend swapping medic and using the GR-22 instead. 800 RPM, kills people in the blink of an eye. Great CoF for hipfire if you're that close. Has access to the adv. laser dot as well. If you absolutely must play as one infantry class at all times, the EM1 is more or less a slightly inferior CARV, so it'll be your best bet at CQC short of the Piston or waiting for the Jackhammer to be a functional weapon again.
  13. BadLlama

Can we all just agree that the excessive flinching on getting hit and the absolutely absurd loss of gun control upon stepping on a pebble or having an explosion go off near you is just irritating and unnecessary.
    • Up x 1
  14. SQLOwns

I'm not overly impressed with the gunplay in general. Other FPS are much more responsive IMO. I hate how when I bump into something my gun goes straight up air for no reason. This will be one of the main issues with the game once they fix the optimization and rendering issues IMO.
  15. Auto_Bob

I'm ok with the flinch hit existing, just tone it down a TINY bit. I actually like the explosion stagger, it makes suppressive fire from huge guns possible, and I like a bit of flavor in my shootouts. But, as BadLlama and others have stated, the stepping on a pebble and suddenly turning into a professional breakdancer is REALLY annoying.
  16. -lOldboyl-

It was REALLY bad in the Techtest/BETA, thankfully they have been working on this issue but it's still not perfect. It happens on uneven surfaces and slopes.

But Higby said in his stream a few weeks ago that the fix was on-going.
  17. like a hundred bears

I've experienced this mechanic quite a lot myself as an NC HA. Our guns shoot slowly and are terrible for hip firing, so we generally need to go into ADS to get the shots we need, but enemies are able to just spray and not even pray while circle strafing and bunny hopping. The annoying flinch throws off NC guns to a ridiculous amount. Throw in any FPS under 60 and you'll pretty much always lose. I hate that stupid flinch.
  18. Tasogie

Not at all, its called war, an as such if theres 1000 tons of munitions goign off around you, you shouldn't be able to snipe the ear off a flea at 10 miles.
  19. BadLlama

Who is saying anything about sniping? And yeah realism is cool to a certain point but when you have guys 15 feet from each other unable to hit each other because of explosions going off that just makes the game un fun for everyone.
  20. InZanity

My main is a TR engineer with the Lynx (really high ROF) and have a KDR of around 2, but since i see the posts about NC weapons being really bad i decided to create an alt to test stuff, went as engineer for 3 hours and ended up with an kdr of 1.8 against both vanu and TR (the low KDR is mainly due to me being used to the lynx and not shooting TR, i prolly died 10 times just because i thought the TR was friendly :p)
    Long story short, NC weapons is fine, learn to adapt