aim assist on pc is a must have

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by x360pc, Jun 8, 2018.

1. x360pc

ive come across a lot of aimbotters on my way to level 16,enemies insta turn and kill,some of the them couldnt make it more obvious,its very easy to make an aim assist for this game,i tried it with aim assist and without,and I have to say I wouldnt play the pc version without it,so im going back to console,the zoom on pc is idiotic,100% miss,you can fool the eye but not the hands.maybe some day the will crossplatform with the ps4 and kill of these aimbotters.gl hf.im out.
  2. adamts01

Stop trying to ruin the world, we don't go asking for changes to console gaming so don't start trying to turn PC games upside down because you can't aim with a mouse. You're being outplayed, not cheated, just git gud.
    • Up x 8
  3. Skraggz

U wot m8? Did you just admit to cheating on the forums? Or did you mean that you tried aim assist on console...? Also just because some one kills you doesn't mean they hack, and because you kill them doesn't mean they are a newb.
    • Up x 3
  4. x360pc

I don't have a problem with aiming,i said the zoom is idiotic,it auto disengages on the kill shot letting the enemy off the hook with one hitpoint.using an aim assist script stops the zoom disengaging,why would anyone play without that.i honestly don't blame people for using them.thats all im saying.i wouldn't play without them.if anything im being cheated with this default zoom.
  5. Demigan

Zoom is the same on PC and console... Maybe check your pc screen settings vs tv screen settings, and the change in sensitivity while zooming.

Otherwise, learn how the latency system works, and learn how to play with keyboard and mouse. Auto-aim is not required and its perhaps 1/3rd of the things you need to do for a kill in PS2's combat.
  6. JibbaJabba

I literally have no idea what you are talking about. Zoom works fine. It doesn't autodisengage unless you are in a reloading sequence.

Maybe if you elaborate I may understand. For now though I can only guess that your controls are misconfigured or you are playing incorrectly.

Also confused by your OP,

No, you haven't come across aimbots. I sense you may be new to PC gaming. There are guys here that have been playing 3D shooters since the 3D shooter was invented. They can whip a 180 with a mouse and aim to pixel level accuracy in the center of your face in a fraction of a second. Things can be done with keyboard and mouse that simply cannot be done with a controller.
    • Up x 6
  7. sylvannas32

what I assume by his zoom, is because aim assist in console gaming snaps to target and auto follows targets at a reasonable speed. PC gaming does not have that because if that was the case, everyone would have easy head shot kills if they stand still for 3 sec.
  8. Sprant Flere-Imsaho

I imagine playing this game on a console is a bit like playing soccer wearing binoculars the wrong way around.
    [IMG]
    • Up x 2
  9. FateJH

I thought he might be talking about Zoom Toggle. I'm uncertain if the PS4 port has the option to change that setting or not.
  10. Jbeasty

Almost puked reading this...

For the sake of everyone, stay on your side of the river OP. But if they actually did crossplatform, I would enjoy farming the hell out of console players.
  11. JibbaJabba

This post reminds me of something I've never forgotten.

I was a fairly accomplished Quake 1 player or so I thought. Beat the game on hard, could hold my own on the "hidden" nightmare mode. Had done some LAN parties and whatnot.

So then I play QuakeWorld, the TCP/IP online variant of it.

The map was DM3, "The Bad Place".

I stepped out of the teleporter into the room on the top floor. Just as I did some guy comes flying in from my right. He jumps into the air as he runs past me, spins nearly 180 degrees, pops me right in the FACE with a rocket, finishes his spin to complete a 360 rotation before his feet touch the ground then continues out of the room and down the stairway to the left.

My jaw was dropped. I just laid there in giblets for a moment. It wasn't a lucky shot, that much was apparent. I was in a new league.

I get the feeling the OP may have just had his own moment. Welcome to the internet bro.
    • Up x 4
  12. Bansheedragon75

So your solution to your perceived aimbotting is to give everyone auto aim?
    Thats like trying to cure a patient of a disease by infecting everyone else as well.

As the above poster said I think your problem here is that you are used to playing the game on one platform which works in a very different way there than it does on another platform.
    I can see how in that situation it may seem like a lot of people are aimbotting, but in reality they are just highly skilled players and use controls that allows for far more precision when aiming than what you you are used to.

The way I see it there are only 2 possible solutions to your problem.

1. Go back to where you came from and play the way you are used to.

2. Learn how to play the game on the new platform, instead of pointing fingers at others.

As for the zoom issue I can't say I ever encountered anything like that in my 437 hours of gameplay.
  13. Trephanation

Lol yup. I remember those days fondly. I stuck to Quake 2 multiplayer because QuakeWorld was just too insane. I wonder how OP would fare in the new Quake Champions ;)
  14. JibbaJabba

Hehe, nothing, and I mean nothing compares to the sheer brutality of the original Quake 1 boomstick.

Face shots? Too easy. I'm gonna foot shot you to throw you into a wall, have a rocket meet you at that wall and throw you across to the other, and THEN I'm gonna giblet your face.