[Suggestion] AI Weaponry Protoypes

Discussion in 'MAX' started by Velicc, Aug 14, 2014.

1. Velicc

These are just ideas, no hate pl0x.

NC lacks effectiveness at range with their stock weapons, requiring them to buy slug ammo. Why should be have to buy something to make our weapon get on par with others? (Keep reading, don't stop there thinking: well, TR and VS can't compete in CQ with ScatterMAX. I KNOW). It makes me cry.

New Conglomerate MAX AI Weapon Prototype:

~ M50 ''Jugger'' ~

Slow firing, heavy hitting (NC in a shellnut) HMG. Think of those .50cal they mount on Humvees.

-RPM: 200 (A bit slower than bursters)

-DAMAGE: 167 @ 10m to 125 @ +45m

-RELOAD: 3.1s Short / 4s Long

-AMMO CAPACITY: 30 / 210

TR and VS can hardly compete with NC AI weaponry when pitched in CQ fights (e.g. biofarms). So why not give them something that could? Being known for filling the air with bullets, here's what I thought:

Terran Republic MAX AI Weapon Prototype:

~ HTAS ''Shatterer'' ~

Being known for having high fire rates, and needing a shotgun why not something a bit AA-12ish?

-RPM: 360RPM (Note: AA-12 actually fires at 300RPM, I buffed it up a bit) Full-Auto

-DAMAGE: 112x7 @ 5m to 45x7 @ +18m

-PELLET SPREAD: 4.2

-RELOAD: 3.25s Short / 4.15s Long

-AMMO CAPACITY: 8 / 56

Like mentioned earlier, they just can't.

Vanu Sovereignty MAX AI Weapon Prototype:

~ Ceyx VM10 ~

Seems like the VS likes charge up mechananics, maybe not the players, but their weapon engineers do. I thought of something like the jackhammer

-RPM: 250RPM 3x Round Burst w/ 0.5s between each burst

-DAMAGE: 100x6 @ 8m to 45x6 @ +24m

-PELLET SPREAD: 3.2

-RELOAD: 2.8s Short / 3.4s Long

-AMMO CAPACITY: 12 / 60

I'll say it again, these are just ideas, feedback would be appreciated though.

• Up x 1
  2. _itg

I wouldn't normally want to critique balance on suggestions like this, but it seems like that's really what you're looking for, since the core concept of "give NC a machine gun and give everyone else shotguns" has been around forever. It seems like the TR shotgun is blatantly better than the NC shotguns. It has about the same damage per shell as the NC Hacksaw and similar spread, but with both a larger mag and nearly double the RoF. I think it could work as a concept if the damage per pellet were significantly reduced.

The VS shotgun is interesting, because it would encourage you to shoot with one arm at a time, which no existing weapons do. The large magazine is a huge advantage, but the burst means you'd be less efficient with your ammo. I like the concept and I think it could work, but I really have no idea how it stacks up against NC's current shotguns.

As far as NC's "Jugger" goes, it seems really weak. Accuracy aside (which you didn't define), it's strictly worse than the VS Quasar, with a much lower RoF, much worse damage dropoff, smaller mag, and longer reload. Heck, a single Gauss SAW has significantly better DPS than both Juggers put together, not to mention better damage drop off and nearly twice the bullets. I'd consider upping this one to the 200 damage tier and balance the weapon around that. Personally, I'd like it to be a long-range weapon with low RoF.
    • Up x 1
  3. Gamingroach

I think a Common Pool weapon is needed, an NS arm mounted shotgun and NS arm mounted LMG would fill the gap of what flexible players demand. Aside from the NS-Burster which is pretty much the only common pool weapon for the MAX sadly.
  4. Dramonicous

Leave it as is, enough with destroying each empires ability to be unique.

Also NC AI MAXes lose just about everytime in CQC against other MAXes when you use a very simple tactic.
    The real problematic MAX is TR pounder which just ***** everything.
  5. _itg

That's not exactly an argument for leaving it as is. That said, the only change I'd make would be to make slugs an alternate fire mode for NC MAXes. That way they can do okay at range (still the worst, but okay) without giving up any hope of killing other MAXes. I'm also curious what your very simple tactic is, unless it's just charge away.
  6. Makora

I dunno. If anything I want more "TR" weapons on my MAX. Like a two-handed chaingun that fires Banshee rounds, but needs the MAX to be locked down to use. So you can't shoot while on the move, but once your feet are bolted in, meat rainbows everywhere. Would go better with the "siege" mentality the TR MAX is apparently supposed to be about (considering lockdown)

Alternatively I'd love to have a sort of "assault rifle". Lacks the sustained fire ability of the standard loadouts but gains accuracy over longer ranges.
  7. Quiiliitiila

NO! :p

NS is killing this game, we need more ES stuff!
  8. patrykK1028

Good idea but look at dmg and RoF - VS has 600 dmg and 250 rpm + 0,5 sec after every burst, TR has 784 dmg and 360 rpm and full auto. NC weapon is also lacking as it's 400 rpm and 167dmg with double weapons
  9. BiggggBRIM

No. More. Shotguns.

This game needs less insta-gib weapons, not more.