[Suggestion] AI modules in Construction

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by lesliehekenas, Nov 22, 2023.

1. lesliehekenas

[Hopefully this is the correct forum category, if not, mods please move it where it belongs]

Dear Dev team, I was wondering do you plan to add back the AI modules functionality /equivalent of the old AI modules, to the new construction system ? How about the Pain field generator ? I'd assume these were only temporarily removed, due to bugs, performance or adaptation to the new modules system related issues.
    The construction Turrets are already too weak, due to the constant nerfing, and without a number of automated turrets system, a construction assembly is quite weak itself. It happens so many times, even when there is sufficient population, just one single miserable Ant or Lightning sneaks in and takes down a base in minutes that actually took almost an hour to build.
    I know one'd say, it's all about squads and team play and outfit and stuff, but just consider the following. Speaking of Cobalt of course, but other region servers would have similar issues.
    There are, roughly:
    • 700 Million active gamers in China
    • 100 Million in the rest of Asia
    That's 800 Mill a total. By another stats actually twice as many, around 1.5 Billion a total.
    • 200 Mill in the US
    • 310 Mill in all South America
    • 425 Mill in India
    • around 80 Mill in all Middle East
    • finally, 715 Mill in Europe
    Supposed PS2 players do follow similar per-region distribution, that's only a weak 18% of Europeans overall. Let's also assume fellow gamers will play PS2 as their main recreational activity, after school or work, and loose themselves in the beauty of it, until they fall off their arses dog tired, from 4 PM GMT to 12 AM GMT. Veterans, till morning. To world time zones, roughly:
    • 10 AM to 6 PM GMT China and the rest of Asia
    • 9 PM to 5 AM Latin America and US
    • 9 PM to 5 AM India
    • 12 PM to 8 PM Dubai time, taken as the Middle East hours range
    Chinese and Indians don't use their region server (Soltech), but rather prefer the EU servers for reasons unknown. Most of the Americans do stick to Emerald and Connery, half of the Latin Americans are on Cobalt, and and so are all Middle Easterns.
    In theory English is the common tongue, but so it happens none of the Asians, nor the South Americans do speak English, at all. About half the Indians and Middle Easterns don't speak it either, or do poorly. Aside that, in Europe there are 25 different major languages spoken, folk from many EU zones again, don't speak English at all.
    It happened to me many times, while leading large squad or even a platoon with 2-3 full squads, actually not a single person understood what i was saying; imagine the lag.
    Try to defend a base with that. We definitely need the AI modules back.
    Thank you.

PS. Don't get me wrong, I do appreciate all the internationalization, globalization, borderless countries, working abroad, credit cards, traveling, no cash, rents and mortgages, 7+ human genders, surveillance, no privacy, bitcoin, AI, COVID, cloud services, pricing of hardware, all the good things of the new normal. As much as the next guy, who's supposedly still healthy in mind.
  2. Effect

Thankfully not. They were permanently removed for a couple reasons. 1) They were too good at harassing A2A and created massive no fly zones for bad pilots to run and hide in. 2) They made fighting at construction bases extremely unfun for the attackers, leading to the only way to attack a ****ter village without infil AV knife cheese was to do so with overwhelming overpop using vehicles.