[Suggestion] Admin's or Mods for Connery??

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by CptnKeArN, May 23, 2017.

1. CptnKeArN

Can we PLEASE get some active Admins and Moderators on Connery?? PLEASE DEVS PLEASE?? Connery Players have only seen one kick notice in 4 months, and that was this week. Hacking / Exploiting is rampant, we need someone to supervise the server!! We feel as our reports are being ignored.
  2. Eternaloptimist

Based purely on reading the recent posts in this forum, the US servers seem to rife with cheaters, hackers etc at present. Or is the same thing going on with the EU servers and I'm just not noticing it?
  3. DeadlyOmen

For me, it is very hard to tell the difference between hacks and butt-hurts.

I get tells regularly accusing me of hacking, and I am an awful player.
  4. Cyropaedia

The problem with Connery is that it is also a lagfest. On infantry play, Connery lag may make players and bullets appear out of thin air.
  5. Tankalishious

Entitled kids are entitled.....
    He killed me, must be haxx y00

All abooooaarrrdddd, the ragetrain
  6. BadCoding

If the game would provide a client-based combat log + 3d model to show who hit with what for which amount of damage and at which time things would be more clear. Allowing clients to cut the connection for some time may also not be a good choice (air -> "lag wizards").
    Edit: "client based" to be understood for 3d model + data presentation as the data who hit what etc. comes from the server.

I'm no a fan of the "x people made a report for this player" concept as this allows to ruin the game for x people + those who didn't make a report before something might happen.
    A combat log system might actually allow community judges (mutliple per case, don't trust a single individual) to do the banning.

On the banning: I'd never, ever, ban anyone permanently. Just increase the time they stay banned to a cap if caught hacking again (doubling the ban time compared to the prev value), with always a warning ahead (I know warning hackers doesn't seem to be clever but if there are some the system already failed and if not and someone claims otherwise the system failed too). Behaving well within a certain amount of time, based on the ban time multiplicator would get rid of 1 multiplicator effect on the ban time (if one exists), allowing to get un-banned faster.

Banned players should still be allowed to access their account and play the game but not on the regular servers but a server where all the other banned players are for the time they're banned. But why keep the banned players in the game ? Because banning doesn't work for a free to play game anyways. Because injust decisions may still accidently or on purpose happen and no one should be f*cked up permanently by the mistakes others made. Because it's not creating a community for the game (yes, the bad acting are part of it, just like in society) if people try to get rid of other people.
  7. Twitch760

Emerald is pretty bad there was a guy running around last night no clipped into the ground with a fully automatic AV Mana turret at Snowsheer Tower. He instantly destroyed all the armor around the base.
  8. Twitch760

DBG can't or won't hire someone to be a GM. What they need to do is use the player base ask for volunteers to GM in exchange for DBG cash or something. Give them access to a limited set of tools to ban as needed. Abuse of the tools will result in a loss of privileges and a deletion of your characters.
    • Up x 1
  9. Morpholine

There's been a big uptick the last couple weeks of blatant cheaters, at least on both Connery and Emerald, but it seems to be only one or two people doing it to piss in everyone's Cheerios, rather than an epidemic.

I'm not talking about iffy awareness, lots of headshot hacking, but teleporting inside objects, rapid-fire AV MANA turret, mass hex suicide type cheats.

That's the cheating most people are complaining about lately. Clear, blatant, and done to ruin everyone's fun rather than to pad epeen stats that don't matter.
  10. RockPlanetSide2

The problem is that 90% of the hacks being reported on the forums or wherever are just outlandish crap.

"There was a guy auto firing rockets out of his light machinegun on Conney!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" - Shut your fat stupid mouth.

The only real hacks are wall clipping/floor clipping and auto aiming, The rest of the stuff is just 100% bull**** or just misunderstanding what you are seeing. Aimbot is being used currently by a huge range of players, I don't give two craps about who says what with BattleEye, that crap is worthless and it takes forever for it to recognize new hacks or current hacks with new versions.
  11. Twitch760

Multiple people have reported this hack it's real. Can someone from DBG confirm to put this guys conspiracy theory to bed?
  12. tommyrocket

Here's all the proof you need. Not my video; saw it posted by a user on the Steam forums for this game.

• Up x 1
  13. No0T

Notice hovv nobody else discuss about it hahahahah those people up there saying this doesnt exist hahahah.... yeah in my life I never seen anybody killing another person I consider my self luky... BUT NEVER GOING TO SAY THAT NOBODY EVER GETS KILL OUT OF RESPECT, simple as that... SOME PEOPLE DONT KNOVV VVHAT RESPECT IS. SO THEY FART VVITH THEIR MOUTH LIKE THAT GUY UP THERE.
  14. No0T

I have something to say, to mister I use programs to cheat like this.

If you programed that, I take my hat out and laugh vvith you I had stolen everybody's email password at my university and had teacher unknowingly coming out of the closet for the entire university... those tight *** idiot teachers... its a sophisticate feat for a real trouble maker but...... If you didn't programed them you are not a hacker you are just a dovvnloader and if you have fun for more than one night you are a seriously mentally ill person and need help. Because it is boring unless you are actually mentally ill.
  15. FLHuk

What new keyboard did you get in the end?
  16. Twitch760

Care to comment on the video above?
  17. Twitch760

***Chirp*** ***Crickets*** ***Chirp***

Well how about it man? :)
  18. BrbImAFK

Here's a completely random and totally unrelated question.....

I occasionally browse the Yahoo news forum-thingies, just to see what the "other side of the internet" is whining about lately and discovered a user who makes semi-incoherent posts and (mostly) replaces W's with VV's called "Ali Mohammed Kaboom".

I wonder if it's No0T........... :eek:
    • Up x 3
  19. Twitch760

Still waiting for your reply.
  20. Twitch760

Here's some more footage of the hack. It's really very impressive how someone figured out how to alter the rate of fire of a weapon.