Accusation of Cheating (Apparent Proof)

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Sir Alonne, Jul 5, 2015.

1. Sir Alonne

So I've been accused of cheating. Normally a badge of honor indeed, Someone recognizing you for being so skilled that they are unable to tell that you are not cheating.

However as of the date of this post I was accused of cheating by a player who was recording. This supposed video evidence shows me getting shot in the head but not dieing. This occurred on the Australian server. I was playing my TR SirAlonne and the continent was Esamir at the end of the alert around 2:15 in the morning.

This accusation has me particularly worried because despite knowing I was not cheating I cannot reliably prove that what they are saying is untrue due to the fact I don't record and that they have a recording apparently (I have not seen any footage so they may or may not be lieing. However I am going to assume they are not.) I wish to know if there is any reliable way to prove that I am not cheating/hacking beyond having to record. (I have minimal Hard Drive space I can use at the moment so recording is not an option.) and what is the current requirements for proof of hacking from a plaintiff stand point is a video enough to get me banned or is something more required?

I am not the best player by far and my current game play stats for all my characters reflect that. Is this usable for evidence that no I am an average player nothing more? Or is it dismiss-able on the grounds that I may have only started hacking recently and therefor stats wouldn't reflect recent hacking?

I am quiet worried about this as I have been banned before from online games based on false pretense and opinions formed from shoddy and unreliable information so someone claiming to have video evidence is quiet a worry as no matter what have actually happened at the time (Whether client side errors or server errors are involved) are lost save for the video recording which as far as most people might be concerned is proof that I was cheating.

Sincerely SirAlonne.
  2. user101

So they have a VIDEO of you with GOD powers. You could be in bad shape here --- DBGC rule is if you have an exploit even by accident you can't use it. DBGC can ban you for exploits.

If you have any hacks on your PC of any type you can also be banned even if you don't use them on PS2. STATS problem players are purged on a monthly bases.

If you have not guessed it _ I love hackers crying on this forum about PS2 catching them. Once you have been caught you get the standard BAN email saying they have proof and all your accounts have been banned.
  3. Xeshubus

That's just shots not registering ._. A lot of people have hand an issue where their shots don't register on people they shoot. It has happened to me many times so this should be overlooked as just lag issues.
    • Up x 3
  4. Sir Alonne

User101: As I stated before I was not hacking or abusing an exploit. The purpose of this post is for me to find a way to prove that I have not hacked nor used and exploit.

Firstly a video of shots not registering should not be able to prove hacking in my opinion however I was curious to DBG's stance on this. Does a video have to have blatantly obvious cheating/hacking to be considered valid? Or does it simply have to show from one clients perspective a case of what could be non registration of hits.

Secondly you seem to not understand how the game works. Anyone with a passing knowledge of computers would know that a game typically checks data files of itself and only itself. It is not allowed to do anything but check it's own files. Typically a hacker uses a third party program to send false or modified information or an injector that changes data files after startup.

Thirdly Hit registration is sent from the client to the server and then the server sends death registration to the other client as far as I can tell. In other words it is night impossible for a client side hack to do this sort of thing without disrupting the flow of data from the server at which point you are disconnected from the server.

However I want to know what I can do proactively to prove that I am not hacking or abusing exploits. I enjoy the game quiet a bit and treat accusations such as this seriously and wish to prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that I am not hacking to any player that may accuse me of such and to DBG if need be.

Xeshubus: Thanks for the information. If this sort of non-registration is prevalent in the game I am curious as to how DBG deals with it.
  5. user101

If they have a video of you exploiting a wall - you will get banned.
    If they have a video of you flying around in a max suite - you will get banned.
    If they have a video of you taking direct head shots from a team of people and you don't died that would be considered an exploit and they will ban you.
    If they have a video of you shooting through rocks and under floors that can happen that is considered a cheat. = BAN

What you may have, is shot / lag and that is caused most times by the DOS in the router and you need to turn it off. That will help shot lag and you shooting back. Shot lag is not most of the time is not a ban-able offense. However if you are playing with some 200000 ms lag that has gotten people banned, they don't allow that.
  6. Napsterbater

It's interesting some of the crap you come up with sometimes.
  7. user101

For those that are NEW to PlanetSide 2 they have a reporting system for cheaters most BR100's that play the game know how to do this. And all BR100's know when they have been shot by a cheater....!!!! There are very few times when it is a doubtful case.

A ticket is sent to the games cheat system and you and the other player are put on high alert...! Your PC is then interrogated by the cheat system. WOO be it to the player that has cheats on his PC.... the email system will send the ban within 24 hours.

BAN BAN BAN ....!
  8. Foxirus

If you were not cheating, Do not worry. If that person has not learned their are hit registration errors yet, Then they are damn ignorant.
    • Up x 1
  9. day ofm one

That happened to me as well yesterday.

I took three hits but no damage for an unknown reason.

Just PlanetSide2...
    • Up x 1
  10. user101

All Linksys & Neargear routers have "shot lag " from the router "DOS" system, you have to turn off the "DOS" to stop this.
    I have tested this numerous times with PS2.. almost all router types do this in big PS2 fights. The router input get over loaded with PS2 pings and the router goes into DOS mode.

When this happens the avatar sort of just jumps up & down but does not move and your return shots are hindered or does not make a red "X" on the hit. That is because the enemy router is in DOS mode and stopping the hit detection on his end. It also stops him from shooting you. You have the advantage though with a router in DOS most LMG's can put a router into DOS operation most of the time.

Leaving the DOS on is really bad for PS2 players.... you get killed a lot more that way.

Have I tested this yes .....! Many times.... Clear the routers log files and then turn on DOS and DOS log tracking and your will find after a big fight you will have log errors of DOS in your router. Always keep DOS turn off in the router for PS2.

DOS will not get anyone banned.
  11. Udnknome

This happens all the time. Don't worry OP, just hit reg issues again. I'm sure some other infiltrators can chime in and confirm this as well.
  12. SlowTRigger

user101 wow man , I didnt know dos do that . I have hitreg problems sense ever like hlaf of my hits not registered . I was looking for another game lately cause this problem I only tried it for a hour but boy things are looking good ! but is it safe to disable this ?
  13. Sir Alonne

I should probably go into further detail about when and where the incident occurred and how it may have occurred from what I can piece together their is a possibility of bias due to the fact I don't know all the workings of the game systems and I am going off of what I saw on my client.

The fight was on the continent of Esamir in the Ymir Southern Reach Hex as the Alert was about to end I was playing TR Heavy with the T9 Carv-S and the fight was a firefight between 12-24 people on either side population however was in favor of the VS. The VS had us spawn camped and so I used the teleporter to move to the other room from which I proceeded to jump out the back window in hopes of sneaking around and catching some VS for some quick end of alert kills. I had caught one VS unawares and gunned him down. He managed to kill my over shield when I popped it up as a sponge but other than that he was dead and I was alive. Some of his friends were having none of that however and started charging toward the area he died in hopes of killing me. I of course decided that the only real plan here was to run like a ***** and hide behind a nice piece of cover. The person in question rounded the corner and I managed to gun him down without dieing. he had popped my shield but by that time a couple of the other TR players had noticed what I had done and decided to follow suit. He sent me a message around this time but I wasn't going to look at it because VS needed murderising. they made their way inside a nearby building while I made my way around the building where I was crushed by a max. The VS took the base and won the battle all that was left was to wait for the continent to be locked and head off to the next continent. I decided now would be an ample time for me to read the message. I did and was utterly shocked to find that I had been accused of hacking and that they had proof in the form of a video. Taking a moment to write up a message stating that I was not hacking the person in question decided not to listen to my attempts at proving myself innocent because he had already made up his mind based on what he saw and recorded.(As I said before I have no way of confirming there is a recording so I am going to assume there is.) (I am not really against his reaction to my attempts to clear my name though. In most situations I would do the same thing.)

From what I can tell after some research and input from everyone here this is merely a shot lag/Registration issue and although relieved I am still somewhat worried because I wonder how many people this has happened to without their knowing and they have been banned after a user has submitted a complaint and video.

Also a big thanks to everyone for their input and contribution.
  14. user101

Hit Registration (Red X) & Shot Lag has always been a problem in PS2. And if you don't turn off the Router "DOS" it just makes your day very bad playing the game most BR100's know this already. That's why they are hard to kill. The old SONY FAQ's had this information in there for you but DBGC just left it out on the rewrite.

As far as people hacking your PC router "DOS" would just slow them down, only a business needs to worry about hackers. DOS on a personal PC is almost useless. You can thank some guy in the UK he is the one that found the problem long ago.

The DBGC server can not control the number of packets sent to your router because it is based on the number of people playing in one spot so ZURG attacks always have DOS problem for people that have it turned on.

And some ROUTERS are much worse than others in turning on DOS, there is no set standard for DOS attacks on a router input.

As far as I know no one has ever been banned for any of these router problems caused by DOS.

As soon as you turn off the DOS you have the advantage over the guy that does not have his DOS turned off.
  15. user101

Continued --- there are other things you can do in a router to speed up PS2 if you use WI-FI you can change the encryption type for wide bandwidth use. Hard encryption take more time to process in a router. Always use the lowest encryption level on Wi-Fi because it is the fastest most of the time. Always use only N mode not A & B mode in the router. You can turn A & B off. Hard wire to the router always give you the best results in playing PS2, It bypasses encryption altogether.

Some router have other things that can slow down PS2. SIP ALG should also be off. Not all router have this but some do.

Some routers require you to turn off the protection system to disable DOS, you just got to do it.
  16. Kousen

Then it can also be because he shot you while you were respawning (like on a sunderer maybe?) you are actually invincible for a few seconds till you start moving, so that could explain it.
  17. mondorian69

You probably were cheating. TR are nothing but overpowered cheaters that DayBreak favor for some reason and I will find out tone way or the other that I am right about TR being overpowered. I have shot so many TR square in the noggins and still they have full life afterwards. All TR are cheats and should get nerfed to match up with both Vanu and NC