About the OP prowler...

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Cinc, Feb 23, 2013.

1. Cinc

[IMG]

Am i the only TR that still looks at what could of been, and sigh at our current tank...

For those unaware, source - http://ukitakumuki.deviantart.com/art/PLANETSIDE-2-Pre-Viz-2A1-Prowler-317287174

This was the originial prowler concept art...

I dont think any of you get just how many TR would immediately jump ship for this thing over our current tank, our "dear" prowler apparently being the best AA platform in this game or not...
    • Up x 1
  2. Highway_Star

The current Prowler design is a nod to the PS1 design. As very little was retained from the previous game, I'm glad that we at least have the classic Prowler.

Plus that design looks too much like the boxy NC style. The destinctive appearances of faction tanks helps to reduce friendly fire.
  3. Bill Hicks

TRDS ? *****?
  4. Cinc

Alright, for some reason i just decided to do a follw up post

To put it simply, as i look through the forums, i cant help but get extremely depressed at our current tank situation all around... TR, NC, VS...

None of us actully seem to be enjoying our tanks (well, maybe the NC. They tend to be really quiet on the tank scene). If some of you dont get why a TR is depressed about his tank...

[IMG]

This is another higby tank graph, showing how many tanks are used per day

*note - GU2 happending on febuary second, 2/2/2013

Atleast 1 guy responded to higby's tweets, asking why there were so many prowlers (even when the mag was OP), as practically no ones ever even joked about seing so many.

Higby responded

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>@<a href="https://twitter.com/erephnex">erephnex</a> dying, mostly.They have shorter average lifetimes than the other tanks.Glass cannons.</p>&mdash; Matthew Higby (@mhigby) <a href="https://twitter.com/mhigby/status/303933863695101952">February 19, 2013</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

As a TR, i tend to see more glass then cannon.

No matter how OP you make this thing, i guess i'll just never actully accept it unless you ACTULLY try and buff it by giving it some new equipment, features, rather then just messing with our numbers till everyone seems to be happy.

Cause im a TR, and even im not very happy.
  5. Tasogie

Only mistake you made, si the fact you said its over powered.It is not.Neither is the mag, neither si the Vanguard.
  6. Highway_Star

I do think the Mags need a slight buff, then it should all be fair.
  7. †Ashley†

The prowler needs its AOE damage against infantry reduced if you ask me, its simply the winning tank when it comes to dealing with infantry by far. The mag is ok as it is, it just needs bug fixes. Such as the cannon shooting the floor half of the time.
    • Up x 1
  8. Highway_Star

I'm ok with a reduction in AoE radius for HE, and HEAT to a lesser extent. So long as damage isn't reduced. Accurate hits should still blow a dude apart.
  9. Xasapis

All MBTs need their HE rounds removed, even HEAT does too much damage against infantry. If the tanks were not such good infantry farming machines, SOE wouldn't need to overcompensate by making infantry a beast and the tanks out of paper. Same with air, convert rocket pods to AP rounds only.

Let only lightnings have HE, MBTs will become armor hunters. Also only liberators have HE as well. Then ESFs will become both armor and bomber hunters.

Balance now is either infantry is farming vehicles in high populated servers or vehicles are farming infantry on low populated ones.

As for the prowler, SOE failed to "balance" the tank. Pretty much no prowler is running with anything but HE. And why should it, when the biggest threat against armor is infantry?
    • Up x 3
  10. †Ashley†

yep the damage is fine. HEAT and HE both need a considerable reduction in the AOE radius of damage. The actual direct damage should remain the same. Personally i'd like to see HE rounds removed from ALL tanks.
  11. GraphicJ

Our current Prowler looks like an old Sega console box with a gun attached to it.
  12. the pestimist

easy thing is to give nc that.
  13. Tasogie

lol are you guys aware what HE rounds do from a tank ?, if you stand in open when tanks are around then its your fault.None of the tanks need their HE nerfed at all. Christ wish you guys would try playing the game, instead of demanding it be watered down game to such moronic extents that even COD would look intelligent.
  14. Highway_Star

[IMG]
    The TR is about preserving history. We like to keep things just the way they are. Although the off-center gun is stupid, feels like I'm playing the WoT M3Lee :D
    • Up x 1
  15. †Ashley†

Exactly, if you stand in the open. Right now the TR prowler with HE can instantly kill masses off infantry around corners with ease. The first shot usually drains shields and some hp, and the second shot gives you the next 5 kills.
  16. Tasogie

lol if you get 5 kills then you deserve to, because grouping up is the first thing you learn not to do. MBT can not shoot round corners, best that you can do is land a shot near corner an kill anyone standing within a couple feet of it,a single tank round can obliterate a normal family home in real world, the fact you only die if you stand within a few feet of a round in game is to say the least, hysterically funny.
    Not only that, if you are not shooting back,m then its your fault as usual.There is nowhere in game that you cant get away from a tank, get around or behind it, an destroy it.
  17. †Ashley†

First off, don't try to make it a personal thing like as if i personally am always stood around corners being killed by prowlers. I've played with the prowler and it simple has too much AOE range for the fact it has 2 shots. If you fire 2 shots you should expect a smaller AOE radius for both shots.
  18. Bill Hicks

None of the tanks are OP really. What makes them so effective is:

1. Tank friendly terrain and bases. Tanks can go anywhere.

2. No trenches

3. All the buildings are swiss cheese, too easy for a tank to just spam into buildings.

4. Too easy to spawn a tank.
    • Up x 3
  19. Tasogie

lol how, its TWO cannons, = two shots, from equal shells. Twin cannons are the prowlers bonus for being TR, nothing wrong with them whatsoever. if you dont like them, kill them. Just like if a Mag was sitting there or a Vanguard.
  20. †Ashley†

I don't even know how to argue with such stupidity.... and withdraw from this argument.