About negating the kills logging out...

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Simferion, Oct 7, 2014.

1. Simferion

is it back? or if you log out while attacked do you still award the kill to the last player to damage you?
  2. Iridar51

Do people really do that?
  3. Simferion

They used to do that so they introduced the rule which awards the kill to the opponent who have damaged you in the last 10 seconds if you log out or suicide.

Anyway this morning I was shooting an enemy infiltrator, he tried to run away, I shot him again and he suddenly disappeared. I clearly saw the hit markers.
    So either the rule is no more or he just teleported.
  4. vsae

Its the same as bailing from esfs, tanks, redeploying under fire...
  5. LibertyRevolution

Yes people did this, one famous pilot did all the time this to save his precious K/D, which is why the logout=death was added.
    People still redeploy and run and hide to avoid taking a death.. vehiclists mainly...
  6. Iridar51

Well I do that myself as well, when vehicles are trying to kill me. They don't deserve getting a kill on me. But logging out each time? Seems like a lot of hassle.
  7. ronjahn

I have a feeling this feature is bugged and it is no longer being counted as a death or kill when you log out.

I've noticed a fair amount of people just disappearing as they run away and getting no kill credit for it.
  8. \m/SLAYER\m/

redeploy - you can hit in last second, but game already started process
    • Up x 1
  9. KiloOhm

What about this? I shoot the galaxy in the air using bursters. I clearly see the damage hits. The plane is not even smoking, when it all of a sudden just disappears. What happened? Did the user log out?
  10. LightningWolfTigrBer

Well if that's true then Daddy must be ecstatic.
    • Up x 1
  11. Demetrios

The feature is still there but it's buggy like everything else, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. I've logged out right after taking damage and it didn't give credit, then sometimes I've logged out 20+ seconds after taking damage and it credited some random.
    He flies his Mosquito as Engineer now and mostly plays infantry, doubt he cares, his KD is pretty much etched in stone with almost 350,000 kills and less than 10,000 deaths anyways.
  12. FateJH

You can't redeploy or log immediately after being damaged by an enemy. You have to wait for some time for the stigma to leave you, and then all you can die (suicide) without contributing to someone else's cert income.
  13. Regpuppy

This, if they already hit 0 for redeploy and you shoot them, their redeploy will go through and it doesn't count as a suicide/death.
  14. Simferion

I know what you are saying (I experienced it both ways) but this wasn't the case.
    I turned the pillar, shot the enemy, hit once or twice he started to run away, I followed him for a pair of seconds , hitting him 1 or 2 times more then he disappeared.

So either it's a bug of the feature or a teleport cheat.
    • Up x 1
  15. Goretzu

He has been back flying ESFs the last couple of days, not seen him in ages before that. :eek: