About cheaters and alerts....

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Mekk_TR, Apr 24, 2019.

1. Mekk_TR

1- Cheaters
    How can people do modification to the files that run the game ? I mean, why the files are not locked ? The game should scan the files each time its loading and if modifications is spotted the game should not start.
    This message on the screen : Your files have been modified. redownload the game you F CHEATER AND TRY TO PLAY AS A MAN !!

2- Alerts
    To rebalance the victory between factions, IMO it should not be allowed to change faction 30 min before and during the alerts.
  2. Towie

DBG vs Cheats is a cat and mouse game - they do have methods for detecting asset adjustments - cheats have methods for avoiding the discovery.

Scumbag finds a way to cheat, DBG discovers the cheat method - bans cheat - cheat creates a new character and tries a different tactic. Repeat.

Until these folks feel some form of pain for being discovered / banned, afraid we're going to keep seeing the same thing again and again. This isn't just an issue with PS2 - any F2P game may suffer, until the industry gets together to figure out a solution.
  3. Ragnarock

They might try a more effective punishment method, I've heard hardware bans work amazingly well at making cheaters go away.
  4. tommyrocket

• Up x 1
  5. Towie

I like this - A LOT.

Very glad to see a whole host of things to address various issues.

The scale of the update is very significant indeed - there will no doubt be bugs, but hey it's long overdue and if it helps stop the rot (and attracts some players back) - well - it gets my thumbs up many times over...
    • Up x 1
  6. strikearrow

Dx11 is wonderful news! I hope the new file encrypts slow cheaters for a while - hopefully at least a few weeks.
    • Up x 1
  7. Beerbeerbeer

This is a great time to keep track of notable hackers. More often than not, if they are hacking, they usually aren’t anywhere near as good as they were after a major update.

This happened after BE was introduced. A lot of the known “good” players vanished and my stats went way up for a brief time because we weren’t dealing with so many damn hackers. There were a lot more hackers than people realized, and you would have noticed if you were paying attention after BE was rolled out.

But it didn’t last long, and they came back.

However, now that you know: PAY ATTENTION to those you suspect. See if they play differently or aren’t so god-like. See if they’re even playing.

Also, to the legit players, your stats will go up, guaranteed, for the brief respite this buys us, until they hack it again. People had hacks ready for PS:A during beta...
    • Up x 1
  8. Towie

Absolutely !
    • Up x 1
  9. AlcyoneSerene

So glad for there to be acknowledgement of the cheating problem that exists in all online games, and some action taken to combat it.

It is real, no matter what the apologists, sympathizers, and outright ignorant say. It destroys these games over time as skill, strategy, equipment, team work, and objective play become meaningless against even a small handful of these who have zero interest in actually playing a game.
    • Up x 2
  10. JibbaJabba

hehe, yeah watch those HSRs plummet. I suspect some folks have hitbox modified and will no longer be able to do so with the new DX11 client due to how it packs it's assets.

We gotta talk about this alert thing though. I see the ******** just flow through people about this and I really, really think it's a misperception.

When one faction is getting utterly dunked on during an alert the players will quit. NOT switch factions, but simply quit for the night. Now what does this due to the population of the other factions? Nothing. What does it do to the *percentage* of population for other factions? It makes them go up. This does NOT mean people are switching factions.

Now are there people that do this? I'm sure there are...somewhere.

BUT I don't personally know a single one. I've been playing the game 7 years and know a lot of folks. I have never, ever met someone who switches factions during an alert to join the winning alert. Not one ever.

Some behaviors that I do see VERY commonly..
    People switching MID alert to the LOSING faction (if the losing faction is their fav). This usually happens very early, like first 30min.
    People switching at the START of an alert to their FAVORITE faction.
    People switching at the START of an alert to the LOWEST POP faction. (I do this, my outfit does a lot)

At the end of an alert the winning faction usually has the highest pop. As explained this is both cause and effect. High pop wins, but also losing makes folks drop off. This has nothing to do with people switching. If it's occurring it's going to be so small it's a rounding error somewhere....and let those people do it, I don't care.

The main thing to know is: If you lose an alert, it's because your leaders sucked. It's not because of player skill, it's not because of some faction being OP, it's not because 4th factioners are conspiring. It's because your leaders sucked.
    • Up x 2