[Suggestion] About Alerts and Missions

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by minhalexus, Jun 13, 2014.

1. minhalexus

So first of all about alerts:-

1. Only 1 alert should happen per day
    2. Fix a specific time for Alerts everyday, each server having it during their prime time (assuming 7-9)
    3. Increase XP from 10000xp to 40000xp
    Now, what I've seen is that players have stopped caring about alerts on the whole. About 50% of total population takes part in alerts even though the alert continent can bare 100% of the population. Since there are like 6 alerts a day, less and less people seem to care, and a probability of a action packed alert is reduced.

People who participate in alerts, are not very well rewarded either. Usually you only get <5000xp which is like 20 certs.

Another problem with current alerts across all servers is that: there is one Alert obsessed faction which only participates in the alert, a mediocore faction, and an uninterested faction. As a result we witness a lot of ghost capping, even with like a 1000 players online.

In short, 1 alert per day in a fixed time, outfits from each faction can prepare themselves, most people will be online at this hour, people will be well rewarded if they work for their team in the alert. New players will be attracted when they see such co-ordination amongst factions.

I'm pretty sure that this can be implemented fast, if SOE likes this idea.

MISSION SYSTEM:-

This should be improved!

So it shouldn't be like:- Go and capture that base or defend this base.
    It should be more specific for each and every class, vehicle, and aircraft.

So suppose I'm in my reaver, it should be like:-

There is a big bad wolf named Kylerr that is farming friendlies in our territory. Give him freedom, and free him from his liberator.

This can be improved overtime.
  2. NC supporter

As soon as the continental locking, resource revamp, and hossin are pumped out then we can start worrying about this.