A2A pods ignoring flares

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Kurohagane, Sep 8, 2013.

1. Kurohagane

Anyone else having this? i died 3 times in a row because of this now. at first i thought maybe the missile hit me anyways because it's trajectory after it went dumbfire because of flares just happened to intersect my flight path, but this happened 2 more times, during maneuvers. Please fix this ********, it's enough that the menally ******** people use these things, and now you can't even ******* avoid them. Yes, i'm mad.

Also when i dodge them using a quick afterburn vertical boost, and it clearly misses me, it still hits few seconds after for some reason. This used to work before.
  2. KenDelta

Lag , flared too late or got hit when the missile turned from lock-on into dumbfire(yes that happens)
  3. Meeka

.... It could be less about missiles ignoring flares than it is about latency issues.

You may have fired your flare... but the client on which the missile was launched may not have seen it yet, so you still get tagged by the missile.
  4. AnotherNoob

The opposite happens as well, if you are too close to the target, just saying :p
    However the issue at hand is probably what people above pointed out, lag issues. The hit detection is done client side, on the attackers end. So if he have a delay of 100ms and you have 100ms, you have to flare at least 0.2 of a second before the flare hits you for it to even start going in a straight line instead of following you. There is also some delay caused by the server from what I understand, the "default" delay is around 300ms if I got it right. (most noticeable when trying to run people over with your harasser, where the hit detection is not on your end, it becomes obvious that what you see is where the enemy where a movement ago, resulting in having to aim in front of the target to hit.)
  5. Kurohagane

Did you read my post?

Also this is not a latency issue. I have flared a good few seconds before the actual missile hit me. I should add that in one of the occasions where this happened i got instantly locked on by a striker a split second after that. Just "LOCK" popping out of nowhere, without the flashing.