A surprise and a warning.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by libbmaster, Jan 17, 2014.

1. libbmaster

The surprise:

EARLY TEST VERSION OF THE AMERISH REVAMP IS UP ON THE TEST SERVER!!!!!111!1!ONE!!

http://imgur.com/a/RROXS#0
    http://imgur.com/a/ytzDY#0

The warning:

DON'T TRY TO GET ON AMERISH!

The Continent is not ready yet, you will get stuck at 95% and will be unable to escape. (Until, I assume, the revamp is finished and you can warp to amerish).
    • Up x 7
  2. Giggily

I'm there now actually.
    • Up x 2
  3. EmperorPenguin5

Oh god. Its happening. The last vehicle haven will be converted to infantryside.

All is lost...

Or not. depends on your point of view...
  4. Flapatax

Oh.

Snap.

The 40+ killstreak I went on with my python yesterday says Infantryside isn't a thing.
    • Up x 2
  5. Akeita

THIS IS
    AWESOME !!!! EVERYBODY SAY WELCOME TO THE NEW INDAR POP
    • Up x 1
  6. Ronin Oni

:rolleyes:

Vehicles are for securing the outside and protecting AMS. You need Infantry to take the point. This is the proper design (which is a lot more like PS1 which worked this way by virtue of bases all being underground)
    • Up x 2
  7. libbmaster

LADIES AND GENTLEMEN!

It seems I was mistaken. You can get onto amerish! It's not finished yet, so it's a buggy mess...

BUT THAT DOESN'T MATTER.

EVERYONE GET ON THE TEST SERVER AND GO TO AMERISH. NAOW.
  8. JudgeNu

kool, some looks good and a few things are so so.
    I'd like to do some revamp work.
    love map editors.
    thnx for the post

did you get all those shots yourself?
    for some reason my screenshots don't work or my in game video , I have to use clipboard/paint...

-Ddolbok-
  9. libbmaster

10. libbmaster

All screen shot credit goes to a guy named "Shaqi"
  11. Unclematos7

Towers are also pretty spammable, even on Esamir.
  12. TheMightyRed

LONG LIVE INFANTRY MASTER RACE
    • Up x 3
  13. Aegis Titan

In one of the pictures I saw a domeshield. Does this mean they'll be on the revamped Amerish? Or is it like last time were they were accidently released?
    • Up x 1
  14. JudgeNu

I don't get it, but tanks should be used for the in between areas and not in bases imo.
    I don't mind a few areas where tanks can access but the ability for tanks to easily access spawn areas and such is terrible idea.
    What is the big deal about having infantry?
    I see a lot of VS/TR bringing tanks to a gun fight. noobish imo but w/e, but I see a lot of NC foot zerging into tanks so w/e lol
    If you want to stay in your tank all day, idc. I don't think you should be able to take it everywhere.
    • Up x 1
  15. libbmaster

I knew some one would point that out.

Only on facility and it isn't functional.

That, and the devs have said they don't like them ether: I think it's a false alarm.
  16. Aegis Titan

Ah it's ok, even though I use vehicles a lot I was just curious. I'd be intrested to see how they would've turned out. But yeah if they scrap them it's fine by me also.

Another thing I wonder about is if the water is deadly, I saw a river on the pictures, is it insta-death when you touch it? I would download test myself but no more space on my SSD.
    • Up x 1
  17. Marked4Death

Most look pretty good, but this one? http://i.imgur.com/Mq8T1AN.jpg This one should be called "return of the Zephyr".

I assume a few of these are not finished actually :)
  18. libbmaster

No, not if it's waist height.
  19. libbmaster

Haha, too true.

Yes, the devs have said that they are still working on bases: that ranges from "need to add boxes/cover" to "still the same as it was before."