A strange fix to lag

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by a4555in, Aug 6, 2013.

1. a4555in

Hello, I play PS2 on Cobalt from Asia. Whenever i log in for the first time, i always warp in and out of the server(i.e. the other players and terminals disappear and reappear), get the red 'You are in a restricted area' message, and then everything loads properly. But if i go to anywhere with 48+ people, everything starts lagging(stuff -tanks, people in the air).
    Now, quiet by accident, i think i discovered a 'solution' to this...just restart your game. If it does not work once, do it again untill you dont warp in and out at your WG..i guarantee that you will run 48+ battles smoothly. I've done this too many times for it to be a coincidence that my internet starts working properly the moment i restart it:p
    TL;DR
    My question is, why does restarting your client stop the lag?(Again i say, i've done it too many times for you to say its a coincidence)
  2. Cinnamon

Might be some strange thing about internet routing and packet loss or something. I believe that people in asia find connections to us west coast servers more reliable than eu servers.
  3. Fenrys

Logging out and then back in fixes it for me, but the game crashes most of the time when I log out under those conditions so I end up restarting the client most of the time anyway. When it does not crash, just relogging is enough.
  4. a4555in

I was reommended an Australian server by the game..got horrible lag..then i ran a ping test for all the servers,and EU ones showed least ping,while Ameriacan had highest:eek:
    Will try relogging
  5. VakarisJ

Yes, there is a memory leak, no SoE won't admit it.

Essentially, memory gets written into, used and then forgotten forever, not to be used again, but not deleted from the memory, causing it to waste memory. The most you play, the more memory gets wasted, after about an hour of play the game tends to degrade very quickly, from 60 FPS to 10 FPS in just a short while.

So far, restarting is the only sollution to it. It will stay that way until SoE steps up, admits and tries to actually fix the memory leak.

They're constantly adding a ton of new **** to take up memory, but they never do much to optimize what they already have, even though some people report that their game runs smoother, mine dips 10 FPS in every single Game Update.