[Suggestion] A short thank you, and Ideas (Part 3)

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Alexkruchev, Jun 29, 2016.

1. Alexkruchev

First off, I would like to begin this post with a short thank you letter to the devs: They've been working very hard the past few months, and it really shows, both in in game populations, and in general game quality of late. Well done, and please keep up all the great work! Especially in how well you have been listening to your community on many key issues, ranging from HA balance, to LA rocklet rifles, to the construction system's implementation.

I will make 3 threads concerning the following topics:

1) The sweeping popular support for re-balancing the air game, and how I think my approach to it is better than (Nerf this) and (buff that) as is in game. I think that approach creates more problems than it solves. Also, I will be addressing the Valkyrie and ESFs in particular- I believe too much has been said of the liberator lately, and I think my ESF/Valkyrie changes would actually alleviate many issues people have with liberators by proxy.

2) Common-Pool Planetside: A big problem with this game, in many people's opinion, is that there are far too many NS weapons and vehicles, and too little faction diversity. I feel that there's only so far you can go with "Diversity" without economics of scale wrecking game balance and playability, so I have two suggestions here to add faction flavor, without breaking developer budgets.

3) New Ground Vehicle. I have an idea for a new vehicle- the IFV-H, which would be a middle ground between a harasser and a lightning, without invalidating the purpose for either. This platform would be common-pool.

Section 3-----------------------------The NS IFV-H---------------------------------------------------------------

The NS IFV-H: The Nanite Systems Armored-Fighting-Vehicle-H (Harasser) is my response to a few things: One, I hate the Lightning. I feel it's rear-mounted turret makes no sense, and causes horrible gun depression issues and prevents the tank from going hull down in most fights, giving it no chance against MBT threats, and I do not feel the Lightning is fast enough to out run and maneuver MBTs like they say on the labeling. So, as a light tank, I think it falls very short. I honestly view the Lightning more as a light self-propelled-gun than any kind of actual tank, but it is what it is. A few buffs would help it go a long way. But this suggestion isn't about fixing the Lightning! It's actually about adding an additional vehicle that fills in between the Lightning and the Harasser! So lets begin!

The NS IFV-H is an up-armored, combat-oriented variant of the Harasser, developed throughout the course of the Auraxis' conflicts. At a nanite cost of 275-300, it is more expensive than it's base chassis, but less expensive than the Lightning light tank. The IFV-H, as a balancing factor, does take directional-based damage like other tanks: Less from the front, more from the side and top, and massively more from behind. The IFV-H boasts several improvements, and could be implemented in one of 4 variants once introduced to the battlefield!

IFV-H (Version 1)
    The IFV-H sacrifices one third of it's troop transport capability, as well as mobile repair/MAX transportation capability in exchange for more armor (Immunity to small arms fire), and increased hull hit points, (10-15% over base Harasser model). The IFV-H loses 10% of the top speed and acceleration of a Harasser, as well as being incompatible with the NS TURBO engine module, thus losing it's rapid acceleration ability, and some of it's off road handling. The IFV-H gains all Harasser weapon variants, including Faction-Specific weapons, in a turreted, driver-operated mount. This allows for superior fire-support when the vehicle has only one occupant, allowing both mobility and firepower on the move. However, the act of driving the IFV-H can be challenging as it has similar stability and handling to a Harasser, and both firing the weapons while driving on the move will prove difficult for all but the most seasoned operators. The secondary seat is removed, while the rear seat serves as transportation, and operates the rear-mounted turret: Access to the Kobalt-F, Basilisk-F, and Renegade-F systems mounted rearward are available to this seat. This position is enclosed with armoring/faction MANA style shielding, protecting the gunner from all but the most precisely aimed shots, and is limited to rearward (Flash style) firing arcs. This allows the IFV-H to conduct solo operations, and also direct mobile combat to a degree superior to the Harasser, however, it will be a considerably less capable mobile troop transport, less capable of evading incoming fire, cannot combine firepower with MAX units mounted at the rear, and cannot repair in motion.

IFV-H (Version 2)
    In the event Version 1 seems overpowered, Version 2 removes the driver operated turret, and returns this seat to a passenger manning it. However, the driver gains access to a front-mounted Kobalt-F, Basilisk-F, or Renegade- F weapon mount. The rear rumble seat is enclosed and not armed, adding size to vehicle hitbox, and removing infantry/MAX transport capabilities.

IFV-H (Version 3: Armored Car!)
    This version strikes a middle ground of IFV-H 1 and 2, with more troop carrying capacity. The IFV-H has: a driver operated turret, though the turret only mounts Flash grade weaponry, including the Fury-F. The front passenger gains access to a Flash Kobalt, Flash Basilisk, or Flash Renegade option with limited firing arc. Rear seat is identical to Version 1, only mounts an engineer anti-infantry turret with standard arc instead..

AFV-H (Version 4, Total Conversion)

The AFV-H is identical to AFV-H version 1, except it has no passengers or gunners. Only the driver occupies this vehicle, and the turret mounted on top is of MBT Secondary type, not Harasser. In addition, this model might possess access to a new weapon...

The C60 Viper: The C60 Viper is identical to the Lightning Viper cannon, except that it either fires 1 less shell per salvo, or deals 10% less damage per shot. (For either 20% less damage per salvo, or 50% less damage per salvo respectively than a Lightning LT's C75 Viper.)

... in lieu of the MBT secondary turret mounts. This would create a cheaper, lighter platform than the lightning, with more of the wheeled-vehicle fun of the Harasser, with no need to rely on sketchy randoms to do your damage.