A question regarding the lightning, starting off vs certed.

Discussion in 'Test Server: Discussion' started by Apples, Apr 12, 2014.

1. Apples

So I've been around a long while, took a long break, and have myself as busy a schedule as most and don't have the spare time lately to DL the test client and put hours into testing but I have a question regarding the changes to the lightning. They don't exactly pertain to me as I don't spend much time in them myself as I mainly certed into MBTs excluding VS where I did cert into the lightning as I don't care much for the hover tank style, however I'm concerned as to what's happening to the equipment at its start up when new players first start using them.

As many who have tried to fly or are still flying ESF know a stock out of the box without heavy certing ESF just sucks as much as anything could possibly suck, I hear a lot about how harshly the changes are effecting lightnings now. So, what I would like to know is how do those of you currently testing feel the stock uncerted or 1cert options only lightning holds up in combat and how do you feel the fully certed lighting performs? How far in effectiveness do you feel the distance is and do you feel that the fresh meat will be able to perform using lightnings?
  2. DashRendar

3. Apples