[Suggestion] A possible change to heavies

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Ballto21, May 5, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jawarisin

Nope because anybody dumb enough to use fire-suppression wouldn't make it far enough out of the warpgate to get hit by a rocket in the first place.

While fire suppression rules ESF. Afterburners rule libs, and nobody that's good is going to say otherwise.
  2. Jawarisin

I was being nice, but that's just to show that you've got stuff to be reported for also. If you can't win an argument, you can always go whine to big brother.
  3. AxiomInsanity87

The game is a combined arms large scale game that focuses around teamwork on a large scale and includes the use of defined class roles that specialize at different things. Please read each class description as laid out by the devs themselves.

If you are not happy with what you're reading, please see the below link to understand that you may have underlying issues with learning or acceptance of new information that is contrary to what you'd like. Reality can be hard to accept for some (or in this case it's virtual reality).

http://www.learningandteaching.info/learning/dissonance.htm
    • Up x 4
  4. Kentucky Windage

When are players going to start taking personal responsibility for their actions or inability to perform on the battlefield. Change whatever you want. It won't change one thing for those players.
    • Up x 1
  5. Ryo313

and another whining thread about HAs ._.' aren't there enough threads out there?
    stop crying and get gud... use the environment etc... use your class right HAs aren't OP at all they are FRONTLINE SOLDIERS after all...
    so running head on into a 1vs1 situation with an HA is the worst you can do its his game there... he is designed for that and every class has its own role to play.

HAs can't do **** to Spys if they are far enough away and headshot the HAs ... sure it takes 1-2 headshots ( with the shield on 2-3 headshots but the down side is HAs are slower with the shield on and thus easier targets for headshots) but in the end the HA is dead.

Man these HA nerf requests are getting more and more absurd.
    • Up x 1
  6. AxiomInsanity87

If this was almost any other fps then i'd probably agree with some kind of 'balance' but it's not.
  7. Ballto21

Fair enough.

Un-nerf PPA
    Un-Nerf ZOE
    Un-Nerf Orion
    Un-Nerf Lasher
    Un-Nerf HE/HEAT
    Un-Nerf LOLPODS
    Un-Nerf Libs
    Un-nerf MCG
    Un-Nerf Prowler Lockdown
    Un-Nerf Magrider Strafe
    Un-Nerf Saron
    Un-nerf chump action shotguns
    Un-nerf harassers
    Un-nerf Banshee
    Un-nerf nc max
    Un-nerf vanguard shield
    Un-nerf magburner
  8. Sixty

PR: "The game is a combined arms large scale game that focuses around teamwork on a large scale"

Reality: 96vs96 door/spawn kill clusterfudge, in facility designed for 24vs24 max.

Yeah :D Basically they nerfed farm tools, to generate less certs :D Which prove my point xD
  9. Ballto21

At least mines (somewhat) reasonable, if not the best.

the IWINshield in semi capable hands outclasses everything in the game, the rocket launchers kill everything, LMGs are some of the best most versatile weapons.
  10. Ryo313

Un-nerf or Buff T-2 Striker x'D
  11. AxiomInsanity87

I don't see any mention of that or any implication. Please try to stay on topic in your own thread lol.
  12. AxiomInsanity87

Thank you for your vapid response.

Thanks for playing.
  13. Ballto21

The point is all of these things, in one way or another, were gamebreaking in their original (or overbuffed) state and were in need of a nerf. Is it so hard to realize the most played class in the game with the least restrictive ability and most versatile arsenal could use a minor change?
  14. Ryo313

and the egni as unlimited ammo the medic can heal itself multiple times spy can claok itself light assaults can fly pls nerf .. wait wut?

nerfing the shield and takeing away the purpose of the HA is like takeing away the rep tool from an engi or the healing tool from a medic ... it won't work and it won't happen.
  15. AxiomInsanity87

Everything in the game can outclass anything in the right hands. Everything in the game also kills everything. Pretty much every gun in the game is also some of the most versatile and what would be the most versatile?. What are we using to gauge versatility here?.
    • Up x 1
  16. AxiomInsanity87

that's all merely your own opinion though. You can speak in absolute terms as much as you want about what you'd like but it doesn't make it right.

Stating what the game is and is about moots anything you seem to state along with most nerf whines.
  17. Ballto21

The purpose of ha wont change at all with one less headshot to kill or two less bodyshots......youd still be the most durable class with powerful ai and av and aa

actually that wasnt my personal opinion, it was the opinion of many and clearly the devs or nothing would have changed with them.

Im not stating what it is and is about, im simply trying to bring up a possible change to make something less godmode, or at least as godmode as can be gotten without hacking infantry wise
  18. xMaxdamage

well, I'm one of those "REMOVE 0.75X ADS speed multiplier from LMGs" guys, so I'm biased.

in a fps the more you move the more bullets will fail to hit you, plain and simple, and moving at 75% instead of 50% will lead to eat less fire for sure, I mean it's literally moving at 50% more speed.
    overshield cuts 25% of your moving speed, meaning that an NS lmg/orion/betelgeuse/other vanu lmg/SMG/shotgtun/pistol HA user with overshield and ADSing will negate overshield penality and still move faster than an engineer ADSing, if I did the math right (big "if")
    is that unbalanced? I think yes actually, exactly because I think that 25% more or less movement matters a lot, which is a reason why I consider balanced that the overshield gives you more hp but also makes you a more noticeable target (that will get you more bullets, not less nor same as being not glowing) and a slower target (same, more bullets, not less nor same as moving at 1x)
  19. AxiomInsanity87

And all that was changed and that's still not good enough for you and your ilk?. If you think the ha is any sort of god mode, perhaps you might want to take a look at your own personal skill level?.

I think you really should look at the class descriptions and read them until they make sense to you. I'm still waiting on those high br/vet players you apparently speak to to come help you out.
  20. Ballto21

i was playing ha this morning. i could feel the godmode.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.