A.N.T.s Need more defense aganst the Dalton or Cas30 and a buff to A.N.T. ram damage.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Exileant, May 12, 2022.

1. Exileant

:( Until you give us back our cloak, or permanently since we can no longer hide. That or give us a gun that can take out a liberator as fast as they can take us out solo. There is no running from them or dodging, thanks to them being able to swoop down within a few feet over your head and plant a Dalton into you, save for if you are in the area of a Tech base and even then you have to stay right at the inner door. :confused: At the very least we need a way to stop them from using the Dalton immediately Perhaps a short term weapon disabling device similar to the Havoc mine only in missile form, or an aircraft blinding laser built in as a standard compliment to all top turrets for A.N.T.s only as they are support tools at best. A.N.T.s also need to do more Ram damage. They need that as a way to defend themselves thanks to having no decent weapons, and seriously when I drive over a person even slow, they should die.... I have been mashing people against buildings and trees and they simply pop out like they are a wet bar of soap..... :mad: Not to mention when I do successfully ram other vehicles my A.N.T. often detonates for no reason....

Side question: :eek: I see a ton of people with a new top mounted slow firing Machine-gun, but N.S.O. does not seem to have access to it on Genudine. I do not have access to the Deliverer on any other Island except a limited version Oshur either. Yet I see them all over the place on other islands with new guns as well. What gives? Genudine trickery?

o_O Is this item linked to the Story Mode?
    • Up x 3
  2. lemurwrangler

moo
    • Up x 1
  3. netBattler

Make ANT-merica great again!
    • Up x 1
  4. Exileant

;) I thank you for you "Moo" of support.:D
  5. Exileant

;) Amen. A prayer I hope the Lord hears and makes so. :eek: Don't. Tread. On. Us.... Anymore than you already have.....:confused::p
  6. lemurwrangler

MOOO
    • Up x 1
  7. Exileant

Your "MOOO" of support is also appreciated.

o_O I was thinking of a device like this only with our turrets sticking out of the middle. The weapon actually would balance itself... A Laser by default is pretty much hit scan so the only way you would be able to attack a Liberator with both at the same time is if the liberator turned to face you and headed straight for you or if they slow to a stop over you or an ally to complete their run. Otherwise, the gunner would have to precision fire to hit the target with their A.A. weapon and would force the laser to miss, or aim directly at the target and forsake damage for blinding I also would like the secondary weapon fire to be relegated to a second button to fire. That way, defending ourselves will not automatically mean giving up our tactical position needlessly.

If you look straight at it, your screen including your H.U.D. notification such as enemy and friendly markers should go completely white and stay that way for 6 seconds and slowly fade over the next 6, unless you or your gunner has the light in your field of vision. Against H.A. the laser can mess up the lock for their rocket launcher fighters briefly.

A second idea would be to make an all new turret that allowed for a high powered laser to blind targets and also deal damage increasing damage the longer the laser makes contact with the target. :confused: It would be able to also be used on infantry and would inflict light damage that increases and apply burning damage. This would be to blind aircraft, and intercept Hornet missiles like the Iron Ray or Nautilus.

;) Either way the beam should have lower brightness than an orbital beam unless it makes contact with a surface, similar to headlights. About as bright as a fading Ranger round.
  8. Eaglebird

If you want to kill a liberator try a skyguard. Or get friends and have a gunner in your ANT and a heavy in the passenger seat so it's a real 3v3 instead of a 1v3 or even 1v2.

Combined arms and all...
  9. Exileant

:confused: Well for one; because I am N.S.O. and Vanu. (More N.S.O. than not at this point as I have not played any of the other characters in over a year. Hahaha!) N.S.O. and Vanu are undermanned horribly most days on my server; It does not help that N.S.O. is by default 90% assigned to the weakest team, so I am N.S.O. that is OFTEN supporting Vanu.
    Which means: You are not going to find players that are going to want to simply sit in your vehicle in case a Liberator just happens to show up in a game where every time you prep for something, you wind up running into the polar opposite....

o_O A Skyguard is a great weapon if you can aim with it. I can, very well I might add. The problem is they weakened it, and it can no longer kill a Liberator that has already spotted you and has started its attack run. As a result a Skyguard, while looking like it is tearing a hole in a Liberator, is doing no more damage than a Ranger. A Lightning has the same armor as an A.N.T. in spite of it being smaller and while against ground targets, it sports a tiny advantage against new tankers because it is so low to the ground, that advantage ends there, because they are almost just as wide as an A.N.T. from the top, the direction a Liberator attacks from. :eek: They do the same thing to Lightnings. Besides even having a partner often does not matter much at all, because it takes a lot of time to learn how to fire a Ranger, most cannot use it over 30 meters and you need to be landing sustained shots at 3 times that distance to have a prayer, (some never get it,) and we are HUGE so it is nothing for a Cas30 to simply fire at a distance, the spray ensure at least half the magazine will find its target, no matter where we dodge.

Which starts my Mind Motor about another A.N.T. turret.
  10. JibbaJabba

So expensive combat vehicle manned by possibly 3 people with a dedicated a2g gun should be on equal footing to a solo utility vehicle?
  11. Exileant

;) Yes. Because this combat vehicle you are talking about is being used solo to great effect, I and many others can use that so called dedicated air-to-ground weapon as an effective single shot Anti-Air weapon. Unless you give an A.N.T. a Dalton AND a Heavy Machin-gun, an A.N.T. will NEVER have the power of a Liberator or be as effective as one at eliminating vehicles. :confused: It has a single turret.......... :D To a Liberator's 3.

:) The A.N.T. can however fill the roll of a Liberator Hawk and all around Vehicle Disabler. If you can turn this to an advantage like Liberator Pilots have done with the Liberators main gun, bully for you. But it needs something to slow it down when it comes to the Utility Truck as you call it. Being one does not mean it should also be defenseless against Liberators. The turrets I dreamed up in my other thread would be able to disable and ward them off from CONSTANTLY milking the A.N.T. for points... o_O Or die by their own bad choice of continuing their attack at a close range.
  12. JibbaJabba

Mmm, no. Try teamwork instead.

Dying to combat vehicles while in a utility vehicle? Maybe bring a friend in a combat vehicle.
  13. Baneblade

Considering how many people use the ANT as a combat vehicle, I'm going with no. The ANT itself needs no special defense against Libs that other vehicles don't need just as much or more.

However, I do think the ANT should have a deployment shield.
  14. Eaglebird

Usually if I know a lib is nearby I'll keep my distance and potentially even sit in the gunner seat to shut the engine/laser noise off. If I can't evade a lib I just chock it up as a loss and pull a new ant. It's not like I didn't just spend ten minutes recuperating my nanites mining cortium in a lattice without a single other player in it.

I think you should fly a liberator instead and see how many ants annoy the nanites out of you.
  15. Botji

Whenever I see stuff like this I just feel that the target is way off, the real problem is not that the Ant is too weak against aircraft(doubly so because its one of the better ground vehicles against them!), its that there is no good G2A weapon to keep aircraft from casually picking kills off the ground.

The buff should not be aimed at the Ant but instead mainly at the Skyguard.
    Then any complaints from pilots can be given the good old "Combined arms lul"

Which makes much more sense than anything else, aircraft needing ground forces to remove the heavy G2A weapon especially with how visible, loud and vulnerable the Skyguard is against enemy ground vehicles.
    • Up x 1
  16. Eaglebird

combined arms lul

a skyggy nearly kills the lib, all you need is the masthead
  17. Exileant

:confused: You have already said this, and someone already beat you to your half heart suggestion. You are in the minority here. I already explained why partners do not work so scroll up to my previous comment to Eagleburd. o_O Nobody with any common sense is going to say a single Ranger for a vehicle its size is really fair.
  18. JibbaJabba

Ok how about this instead...

No.

You cannot have a buff to put your support vehicle that you run solo on even footing with a three person combat aircraft that has dedicated anti-vehicle gun.

What you are asking for is stupid.

I am not in the minority in this view.
  19. Exileant

:D Yeah no, you just want to buff the crap YOU use. The Lightning has one thing a A.N.T. does not. A pilot gun, Thus it really does not need a buff because it can somewhat move while the shooting. (For all the good that does...)

:p One of the BETTER ground vehicles against them?! Hahahaha! Compared to WHAT!? A Sunderer? They have 2 guns and I have seen them running double Rangers and they will blanch a Liberator regardless of being slow to turn. A Harasser? I have been the cause of a metric ton of Liberators demise thanks to their speed and size. You only die to a Liberator in a Harasser if you make the mistake and try to run from it or try to beat the train and pass right under their Dalton. :confused: Finally A Skyguard Lightning? Which fully upgraded can kill a Lightning in 2 clips. They can dodge at a distance and if the driver has great aim and prediction, can do enough damage at a distance and set a trap for them if they continue their approach. o_O They CANNOT hit you unless they are skimming the ground to the point of where they touch it with their wings, risking a flip, and that HAS happened before, at which point the can have its way. Or an M.B.T. where sweeps like that have proved FATAL for a Liberator that THOUGHT they had the element of surprise only to have that main gun swing around and plant one into them, and be finished off by a Ranger, Walker or Vulcan, (Now that THOSE seem to be A.A. now.....) The beloved A.N.T. is now in that place where: "It would be good if it did not--" A Sunderer can run at reasonably high speeds as a Racer and has the extra arms to do it. Its ONLY redeeming factor was that it could cloak and stay out of the way while it did its business. It does not help that our A.N.T.s Deliverer Module is bugged. You can either deploy ONCE and then it will break it and your defense utility such as Smoke and Barrier until the game is restarted. Or Fail all together and not allow you to use your utilities.

No, BY FAR the A.N.T. is just about the worst vehicle in the game when it comes to dealing with just about everything. It is right below a Galaxy which cannot be used Solo AT ALL, :)oops: Some still try though..... :eek: DON'T LOOK AT ME!!!!! :( I used to be a human being! You do what you have to do when 3 people are on your entire team and they all want to do their own thing, against forces of 50 to 100) And even those can fight a Liberator Fully manned with machine-guns and a Missile Rack. (It is just their SIZE and complete ALLERGY to even DECENT movement speeds..... Ugh...... You can hit them at Resolution range with a slingshot and rock if you are careful about it while they are at their most agile....)
  20. Exileant

As you said, you use your A.N.T. in a place where there is not a soul, I will not judge you for it. Most people do because it is under-powered. It builds bases. On your end, it builds bases, would it not make sense for it to be able to properly defend said bases? Of coarse it would.

;) I have my White Camo, so I have flown Liberators for longer than anyone should have.... Trust me when I say. A Liberator is a tool one uses to milk easy certs off of everybody. When something new came out and I want to get Certs fast, I would Hop in a Liberator and Destroy an entire Platoon of M.B.T.s. An A.N.T. is no problem at all, because of their nature, 9 times of 10 you are going to catch it alone with no help and then it only has one gun to worry about. :( Nobody really uses them for real because bases I hear are like paper and not worth the time to build, and that goes triple on my server, because we can build nothing.

:confused: If you die to a single Ranger in a Liberator, especially with a target as big as an A.N.T. you flew it wrong. A.N.T.S are not annoying. there is usually only 1 A.N.T. out there that is keeping up all the trouble, because literally anything else is better to fight with. A.N.T.s should not be a useless crystal farm tool. They should be Queens that build their own Hives and have the Firepower to protect it against Grief Bringers, as there is no real reason to attack an A.N.T. Everything they do, takes 9 years to become even a viable threat.

o_O Given your name and signature, I am willing to bet you main air vehicles.:D Anything that threatens that scares you, because you do not want anything messing up that easy farm; and Liberators are just that.