A lot of people are crashing, and it has not been addressed.

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by murfshake, Jun 7, 2013.

1. murfshake

Myself any many other people are crashing non stop since the last patch, and it is getting rather annoying. If you look at my profile I am a subscriber for 8 months and have spent over $150 on SC because I like what you are doing and want to support Planetside 2 and the team.

That being said, this has got to stop. I am giving until Monday to at least address the issue, and then I am going to unsubscribe my monthly premium account until a later time I deem your company and handling of the situation more professional.

Thank you for your time in this manner.

Begin computer specs:
    Hardware
    Graphics Card ManufacturerPowered by AMD
    Graphics ChipsetAMD Radeon HD 7900 Series
    Device ID6798
    Vendor ID1002
    Subsystem ID254D
    Subsystem Vendor ID1458
    Graphics Bus CapabilityPCI Express 2.0
    Maximum Bus SettingPCI Express 2.0 x16
    BIOS Version015.025.000.000
    BIOS Part Number113-xxx-xxx
    BIOS Date2012/09/05
    Memory Size3072 MB
    Memory TypeGDDR5
    Core Clock in MHz1000 MHz
    Memory Clock in MHz1375 MHz
    Total Memory Bandwidth in GByte/s264.0 GByte/s

---------------------------------------
    Software
    Driver Packaging Version12.104-130328a-157485C-ATI
    Catalyst Version13.4
    ProviderAdvanced Micro Devices, Inc.
    2D Driver Version8.01.01.1295
    2D Driver File Path/REGISTRY/MACHINE/SYSTEM/ControlSet001/Control/CLASS/{4D36E968-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}/0000
    Direct3D Version9.14.10.0969
    OpenGL Version6.14.10.12217
    Catalyst Control Center Version2013.0328.2218.38225
    AMD Audio Driver Version7.12.0.7714
  2. BlackDove

They're just gonna tell you to submit a ticket like they tell everyone. None of the issues really have been addressed, and if you look, there are so many threads about poor performance and crashing, it's not even funny.

I agree that the apparent lack of response, and lack of fixing things(we're on broken GU10 now, no mention of crashing or performance in any patch notes I can find) is really annoying to those who put money into the game when it worked.
  3. ZephyrBurst

4. Mcponington

I think the hotfix last night made it crash slightly less but that is probably psychological. I crash sometimes when using squad deploy/redeploy. I also crash when I'm driving my lightning tank and try and zoom in or out on my map while I'm moving around/using thermal.
  5. Geneaux

Its been this way at least since GU09. If not, further back than that. This isn't new.
  6. Boildown

No, there is a new bug. Its new as of GU10 and it hasn't been fixed. And its severely debilitating, and I have video evidence of the problem:

7. ZeroFighter

It is new, I haven't crashed in months, no one in my outfit has crashed in months, no one in my friends list has crashed in months, but now after GU10 we are all crashing, and most are getting worse performance and server lag.
  8. BlackDove

The instructions don't fix ****, ever. It's just a form letter type response. The game has serious issues like this crash, the 2D menu GPU load bug, and all the random crashes and crashes associated with PhysX.
  9. Lavans

It seems that lowering the render distance to about 1000 can help prevent crashing. I haven't crashed in GU10 yet, except when exiting the game (lol?).

Also, for Nvidia users, avoid the current 320.xx drivers, and try disabling GPU physica. Those are known to have issues with PS2.
  10. murfshake

I said I was going to cancel my membership if they didn't address it by today, and I sure am. Maybe my wallet has a louder voice than I do.

CANCEL MEMBERSHIP?

Are you sure you want to cancel your Membership?

If you select "Yes", your Membership will be cancelled at the end of your current Membership cycle (when you would normally be charged next).
    You will also immediately forfeit any remaining monthly Station Cash amounts you would normally receive between now and the end of your current Membership cycle.

I will think about it again if you get these crashes under control and address the problems in a timely manner. I really do enjoy PS2, hope it does well.
  11. Booticus

bump for crashing, started after GU10, as of client update, still crashing every 15 minutes or so