A few questions?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by NCstandsforNukaCola, Jun 6, 2018.

1. NCstandsforNukaCola

Had quit planetside 2 about 3 years ago, and got a comeback plan for a while
    The game has changed way too much, so I want to ask some about the game's status

1. It seems heavy's shiled has been tweaked alot through patches. What is the most preferred shield combo for now? Does NWA stack with adrenaline shiled or NMG yet? I picked resist shield most of time before quit but its resistance value has been nerfed from 45% to 35% which is quite disappointing and I don't why and when.

2. What are the most preferred LMGs for each factions? Orion, MSW-R, Anchor used to be considered the best LMG for each faction but I wonder if those are still. If LMG and shields underperform, maybe I'm going to main medic instead of heavy

3. The most important one. Is it worth return?
  2. JibbaJabba

1. Adrenaline is the more popular one now. NWA stacks with all three I believe (don't quote me on that one), but it does not apply to the head (you can quote that). Resist is not a good solution any longer.

2. Orion remains a popular choice for VS. Many have completed the achievements needed for a Betelgeuse though. Can't speak much for TR. On the NC side the Anchor is still the #1 ganker for CQB. SAW for long range. For all three factions though the newly released LMGs are wildly popular for good reason. All three are solid guns. TR Watchman, VS Maw, and NC Promise. For me personally the Promise has started to replace my Anchor in CQB.

3. Yep. Good fights still had every day. Lots of little nickel and dime improvements in the game have added up over the years. Game balance has some points of argument here and there but overall it's better balanced than it's ever been. One thing to be mindful of if new or super rusty - headshots are king now. If you want to consistently win 1:1s then headshots are mandatory. Use to be that getting the first shot in to induce flinch was key. Now it's head-head-head.
  3. HippoCryties

Don’t think resist shield stacks with NWA mate.
    • Up x 1
  4. Rydenan

1. Nanoweave does not stack with any of the HA shields. This means it often makes sense not to run NW with Resist. It does still make sense to run NW with Adren or NMG, though, because although you don't get the NW 20% damage reduction while the shield is active, once the shield runs out, you will again benefit from NW's protection. Another thing to consider is how the shields protect against headshots. NW provides no protection against headshots in any scenario. Resist reduces HS damage by 35%. Adren and NMG absorb headshots, but at the full damage value (usually 2x damage). I'm not sure which ends up being more effective against headhunters. That's partly because there's a third aspect to consider: Resist slows you down for the entire engagement, whereas the other two only slow you down for a portion of it (you move at normal speed once they run out). This means that, not only can you strafe faster for a good chunk of the engagement, but your strafing speed will change abruptly, which you can use to throw your enemy's aim off.

2. This is definitely down to personal preference, but on VS and TR the Orion and MSW-r are far and away the most popular choices. On NC, there's more of a debate. The Anchor is the 'go to' in most cases, but it's not very versatile for an LMG, being very inaccurate at range. Similarly, many will swear by the SAW, and many others will swear about it. Personally, I would choose the EM6 (similar to Anchor, but with optional 200-rd mag) or the oft-derided EM1 (low DPS but good sustained fire and accuracy). And, of course, there is always the NS-15, which is a very solid choice for its accuracy.
    As for the 'new' LMGs: The VS also now has access to an Anchor clone, the VE-H MAW. NC has an SV-88-ish gun with the Promise, but it has a special recoil mechanic where the recoil starts off absolutely terrible, and then decreases with sustained fire (CoF still blooms during that time, though, making the mechanic pointless as far as I can tell), so 99% of the time it will just feel like a high-rof gun with absurd amounts of recoil. For that reason, I can't wholeheartedly recommend it. Finally, TR has access to the Watchman, which is generally inferior to the MSW-r in the hands of a skilled player, but it is certainly a fun bullet hose.

3. Yes
  5. Liewec123

Resist shield isn't worth running anymore, so stick to NMG if you're average or if you're good go with adrenaline.
    NW is still the best suit slot to run :)
    For NC LMGs you can't really go wrong with the trusty SAW, also the new Promise is pretty great,
    It has an odd mechanic were it gets less and less recoil while you hold down the trigger! :D
    • Up x 1
  6. JibbaJabba

Yeah wasn't positive. I knew there was some reason I stopped using resist (used to be a fan) but couldn't remember what it was.
  7. HippoCryties

Oh wassup bro! I got a laptop with AMD Ryzen 2500u and vega 8 graphics and get 40fps in huge fights on medium. It’s great, thanks for stopping me buying that awful msi I tried to buy ha !
  8. Rydenan

No problem, glad you got something that works well for you.
    • Up x 1