[Suggestion] A Dumb But Cool Idea For Planetside

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Ncwolf1, Jul 22, 2018.

1. Ncwolf1

So I've had an idea in my head since aerial anomalies came out hopefully I will be able to communicate it well enough here.

My Idea is an alert chain that meaning, one alert completes then another starts that's connected to it and so on. The chain would consist of 7 alerts starting with a standard anomaly next would be a new alert Collection.

A Collection alert would consist of ANTs going across the continent and collecting a resource specific to that continent. This would be Spores for Hossin, Crystals for Esamir, Stones for Amerish, and Bones for Indar. The Collection event would work on the same kind of system that anomalies work on now, points/timer.

After the Collection alert there would be another Anomaly alert then an alert for the Warpgates to finish charging, next is the crazy and kinda dumb part each previous alert in the chain would have a set point value set to it, whichever faction has the most points at the end of the Warpgate alert would begin the Summon the Beast alert.

The Summon the Beast alert would last 1 hour in which the starting faction summons a super-weapon or beast over the course of the alert. In this alert the Warpgate shield would go down and it would be a fight to stop the super-weapon or beast from being summoned, if the two attacking factions succeed then the chain ends if they fail however it goes to the next step in the chain. Before I explain that step though I should first explain my idea for the beasts.

Beasts
    The Beasts would about the height of half the Warpgate and would be faction specific. starting with the VS they would summon an actual alien beast. The NC would summon a mech something along the lines of a giant MAX or Gundam. the TR would summon a 6-legged walker with a giant cannon and gun platforms along the lines of a railway gun mixed with an AT-TE from Starwars. Now that I have outlined the Beasts I will Outline the next alert of the chain Roaming Beast.

The Roaming Beast alert is where it gets real crazy the Beast would take a set path to the furthest Warpgate from the starting gate and walk there taking 3 hours. During this time the beast is open to attack by enemy factions and can be killed. The job of the summoning faction is to defend the beast as it makes its way to the other Gate, if the beast makes it to the Warpgate then comes the final alert in the chain Warpgate Siege.

The Warpgate Siege would last 1 hour in this alert the beast would attack the gate shield with Orbital Strike(OS) style lasers probably with lower damage and AoE, the OS attacks could be interupted by Ion blasts from glaive cannons targeted at the beast. if the beast gets a specific number of lasers off (I'm not sure how many) then the attackers win and lock the continent. However if the beast is killed or stalled then the alert is lost for the attackers and it's back to fighting as usual.

So for a quick recap the chain goes Anomaly, Collection, Anomaly, Power Gates, Summon the Beast, Roaming Beast, Warpgate Siege.

Please give any thoughts, ideas, or feedback you'd like to this post. Also please ask questions about things you find unclear.
    • Up x 1
  2. Rebecca649

This is a really clever and imaginative set of ideas for future alerts. Many people over the years have suggested large or super mechs in various uses and ways but these ideas you have laid out I think really sound very interesting and fun.

The collection one is a cool idea because I think it is the natural next step after the aerial anomaly one and would be a cool bonus scenario for ANT uses to get involved in, the particular continent specific materials that need to be collected are also cool ideas. This would certainly be the easiest one for Day Break to add in the future as the collection method and targets already exists.

I really like the idea of "summoning the beast" and definitely gives each faction a reason to take the anomaly and collection alerts seriously.
    The summoning is the one bit I am not quite sure on how the alert would be won. You say the Warpgate shield goes down of the summoning faction and the other two factions must attack in order to stop the beast summoning? What would be the victory objective for the attacking factions, would it be taking points with in the confines of the Warpgate? Or say by destroying a signal tower behind defending structures?

Thats the only part I'm unsure of :)

The Roaming alert sounds awesome, having a moving offensive base essentially for the summoning faction to protect and operate along the path two the enemy Warpgate sounds thrilling. Defenders in side the Beast operating its formidable defensive and offensive weapons, allied conveys both ground and air pushing back the enemy. Would be one hell of ride. :cool:

Warpgate siege would be amazing too and one of the great things about all of this is it would actual require the two other factions to work together (or at least not go after each other as much) in order to stop the Beast or they both loose. This would be a very interesting thing to see in action, the enemy of my enemy is my friend after all.

Overall great ideas and would love to see in action. Whether it would be a part of everyday play or as a special event say once a month I don't know which would appeal more but in either case it would be a lot of fun.
  3. Armcross

As a builder, no. Don't steal our building materials for events. Beast has few similarity with BFR.