" A CLASSIC CASE OF CORPERATE GREED? "

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by redevil98, Jan 2, 2013.

1. redevil98

In a world were most of us are feeling the pinch because of bankers that are screwing us over i have to wonder if sony are living on the same planet as most of us ?.

SONY great company great name some amazing products, even some amazing games im sure the board has the intrest of its comsumers figured somewhere into its business model at some level ?, or so you would have thought RIGHT ?.

Now i know you can as i do play this game for free GREAT thats a good decision but only done because its becoming the trend in MMOs these days cos if they didnt no ****** would play them !.

My concern and it has been mentioned before is that 700sc which is roughly about £6.50 here in uk , which by the way is what most of the extres including weapons and cosmetics seem to cost , IS this price TOO high for something that basicly exsist only as a pixel purchase and if your extremly lucky will help in game ?.

Im aware that any company needs to generate INCOME but really at this level ? isint this a bit extreme ? is it just me or do you feel like youve been screwed over a couple of times allready with purchases in this game ? could they would they drop the cost of items for SC cash in game even as a gesture of good will to the community ? would it make good business sense to do so ?

Or will they just keep milking us because just like so many other companys these days THERE JUST IN IT FOR THE MONEY ?.

I have purchased stuff in this game but im not sure i will in future unless there is a heavy discount period for said items.

Wellas always thx ppl.
  2. maxkeiser

THE GAME IS FREE.

You normally buy games for around £30, right? Well until you've spent £30 on PS2 I don't think you can rightfully claim to have been robbed or swindled.
  3. sustainedfire

Only buy station cash on triple cash days. Only spend on discounted items.
    • Up x 1
  4. Nocturnal7x

You "they'er just in it for the money" people need to move to cuba. Seriously.
  5. redevil98

Ok max il ignore the fact you couldnt be arsed to read the post bro.

Thx for the reply !.

Good job.
  6. smokemaker

Game is free, you do not have spend a dime. If 6.50 is breaking you..... maybe less game more job training to get a better job.
  7. maxkeiser

I read it fine. But the point is until you've spent £30 you can't argue that you've been robbed.

For a game that is as good or better than BF1942 it's a bargain!
  8. Jestunhi

Buy sc when on sale.

Buy gun when on sale.

Now it's considerably cheaper.

Most convenient = most expensive.
  9. Regpuppy

If you're patient and wait for 3x sale and buy in bulk, the dollar (or pound or Euro) price is cut into a third. I have no idea whether the Walmart cards (or would it be in ASDA supercenters?) are available to you, so I won't bother going over that.

If you're patient enough for the bundle and single item sales, that cuts it in half again. Things are surprisingly cheap the more patient you can be... free if you have the patience of a saint and just grind everything out! lol
  10. Morpholine

As with everything else on this planet: What one gets is worth what one is willing to exchange for it.

For some, money is in greater supply than time, and they will willingly trade that money for the time-saving convenience this game offers.

For others, time is in greater supply than money, and they can choose to gain the very same (non-cosmetic) items this game offers to paying customers, with a greater investment of time. (although, I would argue that if one has time in far greater supply than money, one ought to preferentially spend some of that time earning more money).

Where that balance falls is going to be vastly different from person to person.
  11. Talizzar

Corperate (cough cough)

If you had stayed in school you would have learned about supply and demand. If the price is too high then nobody will buy said item and SOE would want to think about lowering the price. Obviously supply is not an issue as they can sell an infinite amount of them.

If nobody was paying the prices asked then the prices would go down. Plenty of people are paying the 700sc.

Most of us spend 7 bucks on lunch a day, as a working person. Explain how bankers are screwing us over exactly and how does that correlate to what SOE is doing.

Sony sells some of the most expensive pieces of electronics out there. Your logic is flawed in so many ways.

Maybe you should move to AmeriKa where obamaclaus will set you up with a game card errrr welfare visa card.
  12. UberBonisseur

The prices are actually decent if you get a 2-3x sale or a 50% discount.

They just suffer from being artificially inflated and fall under Token-money
    And why Valve's F2P model is, if not the best, the most honest out there.
  13. Fox234

Obviously it is. The store is, has and probably always will be over priced until the players speak out enough or SOE starts losing customers because of it. 1 of 2 things should happen.

1) All store prices are cut in half. Even if they add the ability that once you buy a gun its unlocked for all characters of the same faction $7 is still too much considering how many guns there are in PS2.

2) Weapons that are paid for with SC are unlocked across all 3 empires. If I buy a 700 SC / 500 CP gun on my NC, its cross faction equivalent should be unlocked as well. That makes the $7 worth while since I am technically getting 3 guns. This also means if I want to restart and change empires I won't lose the money I already spent.

If SOE implemented either of these 2 ideas I would also say the deal of the day would no longer be needed. The DotD as I see it is an admission of the price gouging of the regular store.
  14. Avs0000

I would stop playing planetside 2 and focus on school. Your ability to spell and use grammar properly is poor. Once you've improved your intellect and have the skills to actually make money, spending $20 bucks on a game won't be a big issue. The game's mechanics and gameplay are the worst problems, though the cash shop restricting certain weapons does contribute.
  15. hoihoi8

How often do the triple SC days happen? I just started playing PS2 after Christmas and missed the last sale :( I wouldn't be caught dead paying $10 for one gun in a game, but $3 is almost reasonable. Not really still, but almost.