81st Screaming Weasels

Discussion in 'Waterson (US East)' started by AndrewofDoom, Mar 26, 2013.

1. AndrewofDoom

81st Strategic Combat Reconnaissance and Mission Wing (SCRMW) aka "Screaming Weasels"
    "Screaming Weasels? Dude, what's with that name!?"
    "I call it a name of nostalgia."
    [IMG]
    "And now you know."
    "And knowing is half the battle."
    "GOOOOOOOOOOO JOE!"

Introduction
    Named after one of the (mentioned) squadrons of the GTD Bastion in the game FreeSpace 2 (what's that game? It's a really cool game dude), the 81st strives to be a "seriously funny" outfit. By seriously funny I don't mean I'm really that funny (though I do strive to be), I mean how the outfit plays. We are a serious, tightly coordinated, group of people, but also oriented to being a close group of happy, fun individuals. As a (at the time of this post) new startup that just began a few days before this post was made, the goal is more of an aim than a reality right now. But, what exactly is the goal of this outfit with respect to the NC and the goal of bashing fascist heads and cracking xenophiliac skulls?

Strategic and Tactical Goals
    Our mission is to assess the strength, numbers, and strategic goals and objectives of forces hostile to the New Conglomerate. To that end, the 81st is provides reconnaissance, support, and precision strikes (in the form of either air, ground, or infantry) for the support of frontline forces. Most of our time is spent either deep in enemy territory and/or along the outer fringes of combat. This outfit does go into the heat of battle if requested by others.

To accomplish these goals, all our squads are around fireteam (that is 4 people) in size to maximize on manpower and teamwork and coordination. Each fireteam sticks together and works as a group and not individuals. Instead of 16 people running around all over the place, you have 4 fireteams positioning themselves over mission critical objectives and providing 360 degree coverage over the rooms they're in and theirselves. If some TR wiseguy kills one of them, he'll surely get mowed over by the rest of the fireteam.

To reach these goals, our vehicle of choice for general purposes is the Flash and the Harasser (once it comes out anyway). When on the attack, our vehicle of choice is the Lightning (for ground attack) and the Reaver (for air attacks), as it provides the speed necessary to get to weak and exposed enemy flanks fast. All of these provide a small profile that doesn't scream "shoot me!" like a Sunderer, Vanguard, or Galaxy would.

Naturally all this quiet time allows plenty of time to strike up conversations and just have some fun along the way if the goal isn't mission critical.

Requirements
    • Must be at least BR 18 to be considered.
    • Must display a willingness to be proficient in all classes and vehicles.
    • Must be willing to do what is necessary to win (barring it doesn't violate SOE Code of Conduct), not what's most lucrative.
    • Must be willing to put the fireteam you're part of before yourself and to stick together with the rest of your fireteam buddies.
    • This one's important: You must have a suppressor for at least one primary weapon for every infantry class (MAX excluded for obvious reasons). Hint: If you're willing to use SC, just get an SMG and cert into a suppressor and you've fulfilled this requirement.
    • Must be able to be online on at least a weekly basis
    • Mics are required for leadership (fireteam or higher) positions, but not to be a member.
    • Must be willing to provide booze and togas at our parties.
    Player skill is not a factor in our recruitment process. Skills can be learned and taught, but a mindset is really hard to change. I, AndrewofDoom, reserve the right to waive any of these requirements on a person to person basis if I see potential.

Currently teamspeak and website related stuff are not a part of the equation for now as we're still getting off the ground and may or may not change based on what members want.

Sounds Cool, How Do I Be a Part of This?
    It's simple, message me in game, in PM me here on the boards, or just post on this thread. I'll add you to the outfit for trial for a week to see you fit us and we are fit for you. At the end of the week, I'll evaluate you (and hopefully you will evaluate us) and make the decision to keep you a permanent member in the roster.

I'll be running a squad hopefully nightly for the next few weeks to see if people want to be a part of this and if this outfit style will really work.

(PS no weasels were harmed in the making of this post).
  2. AndrewofDoom

BUMP

I'll be holding our first formal training session for everyone to see between 7 PM and 9 PM CDT tomorrow. Everyone is welcome to participate and see if this is the thing that's made for you.

Tentative location for this meeting will be at the tower in the VR Training area. I'll post in this thread at the time of the meeting if that location is a no go (VR is full, etc) and find an alternative location where everyone can be at.
  3. YouObiouslyLoveOreos

Bump

We could definitely use more people, this outfit is still pretty small. Just PM Andrew or I, and we'll see about getting you into the outfit if you meet the basic entry requirements.