7th Cavalry Division [Helios]

Discussion in 'Helios (US West)' started by NatetheTRTurd, Dec 9, 2012.

1. NatetheTRTurd

[IMG]

What is the 7th Cav?
    We are an outfit that centers around fast and aggressive warfare. We use blitzkrieg tactics to neutralize opposition and crush the enemy before they have a chance to effectively counter attack. Coordination is key to our tactics and therefore an element of teamwork is necessary for effectiveness on the battlefield. Our core fighting ability will be in armored vehicles whether it be Lightnings, Sunderers, or Prowlers, and we ask you to join us!

What are we looking for?
    The 7th Cavalry is looking for both leaders and recruits--but regardless of which position you want--teamwork and camaraderie are essential. You must be able to follow orders yet act in a semi-autonomous way and make quick decisions. Leaders must be able to show they are able to competently take control of the battlefield and lead with good faith and judgement.

Specific Requirements/Prerequisites
    1. Must follow our code of conduct.
    2. Must be semi-active each week (we understand and respect the fact that you have a social life).
    3. Must be willing to take orders if directed by superiors and follow them.
    4. Must be able to behave autonomously when needed.
    5. A mic is preferred but not a requirement.
    Code of Conduct
    1. Must be respectful to all members and players.
    2. Follow orders when directed by a superior.
    3. Must actively communicate.
    4. Must follow all Planetside 2 rules.
    5. Do not discuss illegal activity, or promote such activities.
    6. Do not use racial profanity, slurs, or other discriminatory language.
    7. You are required to stay with formations/groups when asked.
    8. Do not teamkill or attack other friendly players (accidents do happen though).
    How to join
    If you wish to join, simply fill out an application below, or send me a message on steam.
    STEAM PAGE:http://steamcommunity.com/id/GrungeGaming/
    In game name: BarrackaFlacka

Application

Name:
    PS2 Name:
    Battle Rank:
    Do you agree to the Code of Conduct and meet all of our requirements?
    What times/days are you most active?
    Would you like to apply for a leadership position?
    Do you own a mic?
    Any other info you'd like to add:

• Up x 2
  2. Higgzz

Dakotah
    HiggzDigz
    Yes
    6pm-11pm
    Not yet but maybe in the future
    Yes
    Usually play combat medic
  3. Marreck

Marreck
    Yes
    7-10 PM and all day weekends
    Yes
    Yes
    Prior military, mainly light infantry
  4. smufgomer

Name: Smufgomer
    PS2 Name: Smufgomer
    Battle Rank: 10
    Do you agree to the Code of Conduct and meet all of our requirements? Yes i do
    What times/days are you most active? every day except for Friday and Saturday nights, but only sometimes.
    Would you like to apply for a leadership position? Yes i would, i love the strategy behind this game, and i would love to utilize it to its fullest.
    Do you own a mic? Yes
    Any other info you'd like to add: I am primary heavy assault, and occasional infiltrator. I have weapons for the medic class as well. So i can switch between many rolls if need be
  5. Aaaaaaaaaaaaagh

Damn. Look at all of these TRs going into this outfit.

I should do something. The Vanu would want me to.

Uh... Potatoes?
    • Up x 1
  6. GorramBroodwich

Name: Joseph
    PS2 Name: GorramBroodwich
    Battle Rank: 11
    Do you agree to the Code of Conduct and meet all of our requirements? Yes
    What times/days are you most active? Afternoons and Evenings CST; primarily Evenings CST during work week (Tuesday - Saturday for me)
    Would you like to apply for a leadership position? Not at this time
    Do you own a mic? Yes
    Any other info you'd like to add: In a realism group for another game; prior military service; I haven't quite settled into a role I like in PS2 - Typically play as Light Assault/Heavy Assault, do enjoy tanking in a Lightning, and have been playing a lot with Mosquito's lately.
  7. BedHead085

BedHead
    yep
    I am on almost every night from 1130 to 3 CST and all day Friday and Sat depending on plans
    No on leadership
    I own a mic
    I fly alot so engineer is used but on the ground I use Light assuault and hit tanks, sunds with C4.
  8. BedHead085

Also how many average users do you have on at a time
  9. SpankyH

Name: Frank
    PS2 Name: SpankyH
    Battle Rank: 21
    Yes
    afternoons/evenings starting around 4:30 pm CST
    Not at this time
    Do you own a mic?
    Yes
    Im in an outfit currently, but I have been looking for an outfit that focuses more on the ground game, and has a bit more coordination on the unit level. (something more than "Hey, lets all fight over here now") I have put some Certs into the prowler and the sunderer, though most of my certs are in HA. I do have double bursters for my MAX, and have no problems getting them out.
  10. Vortok

[IMG]

Grandpa Vanu Kong finds your efforts... lacking.

On a more serious note, this outfit looks interesting, though it'd be for an alt of mine (so I play the character much more sporadically). Would gladly gun Prowlers and the like as you don't need a large time/cert investment to be useful for a role like that. Focusing on faction specific stuff is the fun part of other empire alts anyway. If you guys are fine with that level of playtime, though.

Name: Vortok
    PS2 Name: Avilox
    Battle Rank: 13
    Do you agree to the Code of Conduct and meet all of our requirements?: Yes/appear to.
    What times/days are you most active? - Random times of day and night.
    Would you like to apply for a leadership position? - Nah.
    Do you own a mic? - Sure do.
    Any other info you'd like to add: Character currently has most of his certs into HA (not many, as only BR13), though think I'd like to focus on MAX in the long run (which isn't too awesome baseline and takes quite a few certs to improve). Can dump some points into Engi repair tool if needed if Prowler (or Lib/Gal - though you guys seem more ground focused) gunning becomes common. I imagine a MAX focus in an outfit full of Engineers is a good synergy, too.
  11. Holt45

PS2 Name: SOE account is H0lt45 (Zero not O), player name is Holt45, I honestly don't know which you need
    Battle Rank: 12
    Do you agree to the Code of Conduct and meet all of our requirements? Yes, I joined TR for a reason
    What times/days are you most active? next 5 weeks will probably be weeknights
    Would you like to apply for a leadership position? No
    Do you own a mic? Yes
    Any other info you'd like to add: I'm pretty new, but I'm currently focusing on Combat Medic, will for likely continue for the next few weeks.
  12. NatetheTRTurd

Sorry haven't checked on here, if you would like to be join add me in game or on steam.

To answer your question during the week we haven't been able to muster a lot of people and it is finals for a lot of people so hopefully it picks up. Anyways, this weekend hopefully we can muster in a small battalion sized force. If you want more info just PM me on here or on steam.
  13. NatetheTRTurd

Also, would you guys like me to make an instructional PDF or document to assist in formations/strategies etc.?
  14. Korimus

Name: Korimus
    PS2 Name: Korimus
    Battle Rank: 10
    Do you agree to the Code of Conduct and meet all of our requirements? yes
    What times/days are you most active? 8-10pm PST weekdays or 8am-11am weekends. sometimes evenings too on weekends
    Would you like to apply for a leadership position? not at this time
    Do you own a mic? yes
    Any other info you'd like to add: former military.
  15. NavSpec

You should maybe post up what your rules and code of conduct are before asking people to agree to them. Maybe link offsite or something for it if you don't want it posted here. My squad and I are potentially looking for an Outfit to get involved with on Helios but agreeing to something I haven't read isn't really up my alley!

I'm blind!
  16. Korimus

They are posted in the original post.. Just in case you missed it, it is below. =)
    Code of Conduct
    1. Must be respectful to all members and players.
    2. Follow orders when directed by a superior.
    3. Must actively communicate.
    4. Must follow all Planetside 2 rules.
    5. Do not discuss illegal activity, or promote such activities.
    6. Do not use racial profanity, slurs, or other discriminatory language.
    7. You are required to stay with formations/groups when asked.
    8. Do not teamkill or attack other friendly players (accidents do happen though).
  17. NavSpec

LOL! Wow, I read it and had a completely Duh moment. My bad! Thanks.
    Helps to not skim!
  18. Varennikov

Name: Soyuz22
    PS2 Name: Varennikov1
    Battle Rank: 3
    Do you agree to the Code of Conduct and meet all of our requirements? Yes
    What times/days are you most active? Usually weekends, sometimes week days as well.
    Would you like to apply for a leadership position? No but can if needed.
    Do you own a mic? Yes
    Any other info you'd like to add? I know I am a low rank but I'll get higher soon. The first thing that went through my mind when I downloaded the game was "tank division!!" so I am glad to have found you guys!
  19. Iron Talon

Name: Iron Talon
    PS2 Name: Stratahawk
    Battle Rank: 15
    Do you agree to the Code of Conduct and meet all of our requirements? Yep
    What times/days are you most active? Hour or so weeknights, a few hours on weekends
    Would you like to apply for a leadership position? I would be willing if needed to.
    Do you own a mic? Yes
    Any other info you'd like to add: Been looking for a coordinated outfit on Helios for some time. I am more than happy to do the less 'fun' activities in the name of teamwork, so long as it is worthwhile (I.E. coordinated attack somewhere)
  20. Chemeti

Name: Chemeti
    PS2 Name: Chemeti
    Battle Rank: 3
    yes
    weekday evenings, some weekends.
    no, I just want to be a part of a coordinated unit.
    Do you own a mic?
    yes
    I know that I am new, but I hope you will consider me.