7b Error

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Dornez, Jun 3, 2014.

1. Dornez

Still getting the 7b error every time I try to run PS2, I have to remove the x64 client and copy in the x86 client EVERY TIME I WANT TO PLAY WTF
  2. TSR AlexS Customer Service

If you get this message trying to run Planetside 2: The application was unable to start correctly (0xc000007b)

Please run through this Microsoft DirectX install and then try again: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=8109

The new 64 bit clients uses some DirectX drivers that weren’t in the original installer.
  3. Malsvir Vishe

I'm having a problem where your suggestion hasn't fixed the issue for me. I just ran through that install to get the runtimes on my computer, then I allowed the launchpad and X64 version of the game to launch as an administrator, and still it fails to launch.

I've also made sure the C++ x86/x64 2010 packages are installed and that .NET 3.5 is installed.

Any other suggestions?
  4. Viper1979

I also have the same problem and have tried everything!!!
  5. user101

Custom windows systems strip out over head to make the system run faster and use less power. I am sure it is something that was striped out that is causing the problem. Check to see if you have SQL running...????