64 bit problem since release

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Ultramarine, Jul 2, 2014.

1. Ultramarine

Ok, So I've been forced to use the workaround since they added 64bit. My machine is 64 bit, every other 64 bit game runs fine, I have tried reinstalling.

In order to play this game as it is right now, I need to launch the game, wait for the launcher to patch, open the files, and rename the 32 bit client so it says "planetside64.exe" or whatever so that it launches the 32 bit instead of the 64 bit.

If I don't: Nothing happens. Nothing at all when I click play. Sometimes the launcher closes though.

Since 64 bit has been around a while it's probably not a code problem anymore. I'd like to get down to what the cause is so I can just run the 64 bit without manually changing things every time.
  2. Kirppu1

Re-launch the installer pack and select repair
  3. TSR AlexS Customer Service

We'd need to inspect your machine a little more to determine the cause of this. Please submit in a support ticket with both your Dxdiag/Msinfo in order for us to further assist you. Do you have direct X9 installed? Please make sure you have the most latest drivers.
  4. Ultramarine

Will do. Latest drivers are installed and DX9 is installed every singe time a steam game gets downloaded (lol). I'll submit a ticket.
  5. TSR AlexS Customer Service

Thanks man. Once we receive your ticket, we'll be able to gather more specific information and try to get this resolved.
  6. YashaX

OP did you manage to solve the problem? The same thing happens to me.