3xStation Cash prepare for Rocketpods.. Rocketpods everywhere!

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Dvine, Dec 20, 2012.

1. Dvine

YEY!
    • Up x 2
  2. Skadi

better stockup on bursters.
    • Up x 1
  3. f0d

RAAAAAWKETPAWWWWDS
    YEAAAAAA
    :eek:
  4. Big Cyz

i have prepped with dual busters and skyguard!
  5. Skadi

WAWKET PWADS!
    SHYEAH
    SKIW CWAP WEACHED
  6. Rapid_Sausage

they're not that great anyway.

they're nice to take down liberators or galaxies, but for ground targets i'd prefer using a tank or a liberator.
  7. Veri

Be prepared for more whining Skyguard users whinging about dieing and not getting any XP.
    Easy fix, get out of your sjkyguard and get A2A missiles.
    Form a small anti air squadron.

Only need a couple of A2A based fighters to take down ESF.

That's if they aren't manned and firing a hail for bullets back.
    Libs have a big weak spot though.
    Fly above and photon down.
    You will soon see the pilot jump out in hopes of landing safely and immediately deconstructing their lib top counter your win.
  8. Rapid_Sausage

woah woah, i was planning on getting skyguard, what's wrong with it??
  9. Teoke

Its a shame The rocketpods been nerfed so hard. People will probably get HE weaponry for their tanks. Many people will kit themselves out with Bursters / G2A / Skyguards though
  10. lsp1

They had a vehicle sale that included them last week. May still be going, but I think anyone who was going to buy them, already has them.
  11. f0d

they were?
    are you talking about the splash damage reduction?

the splash reduction made 0 difference to me - i can still kill anything just as easy as i could before
  12. Ganelon

Had them before I knew people hated them so much. Need something new to invest in.
  13. Morpholine

They're already everywhere.
  14. Teoke

Well, they've been successively nerfed since their introduction Early-mid beta. When they first came out, They hade huge explosion radius(about the same as todays HE shells) and it took 2 (two) Rockets from a reaver to kill an infantry, so in an entire salvo you could get like 15 players depending on how bunched up they were.

Im fine with the rocketpods being this way that they are at the moment, since i can aim. The change that was made will separate the good A2G esfs from the bad
  15. Compass

I just bought basically everything.
    • Up x 1
  16. Tactics

the splash reduction made a huge different, You can definitely kill a single target at the same speed but you couldn't wipe out clumps of infantry like before.
  17. Veri

Personally nothing.
    But depends on the person.
    Are you someone who demands XP and personal kills or someone who gets personal satisfaction from keeping the squad alive due to fending off ESF?

The Skyguard is more the latter.
    It scares off/weaken ESF who maybe intending to rocket pod rather than to kill within a few shots which sme people are getting butt hurt about.

I know when I am playing the role of anti-air, it is going to be group effort to take down ESF.
    I'm usually HA with a Nemesis.
    Lock on, shoot and they're flying away, not necessarily damaging them.
    Sunderrer saved, rinse and repeat.
    The skyguard can be even worse.
    The sound of the flak hitting your ESF can put you off and send them flying off for repairs but what's worse is the ESF don't always know where you are.
    the best is when they come at you thinking you are some stock Lightning and barely make it away or in most cases get taken down by someone else.
  18. f0d

you wont actually kill anything with it
  19. Yetii

But if we all buy rocket pods...
  20. Maximilious

Lol, I already spend like 300 dollars on this game, over 3 characters (different factions)

If anything I am going to stock up on boosters :)