3rd person view: good for business, hair and teeth

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Pashgan, Dec 7, 2012.

1. Pashgan

Some people like rogue games a-la Crusader much more than FPS (me for example). Also it's easier to avoid friendly fire, vehicles, etc. having 3rd person view. In fact it's already there for vehicles.

I bet cosmetics sales will double (at least) if there will be 3rd person view for troops. People love their toon avatars in other games (check non-stop demands for "walking in stations" in EVE + amount of heavily decorated avatars on forums) - they'll love them in PS2 too and will have urge to make them look unique resulting in camo-helmets-armor sales boost.

TL;DR plz, SOE, make 3rd person view available for infantry to earn more money.
  2. TheBloodEagle

I want 3rd person but only in Warpgate.
    • Up x 1
  3. maxkeiser

No. You can't allow third person for infantry in a FPS like PS2. I would remove 3rd person for vehicles as well.
  4. TheBloodEagle

makes the game feel really stiff without it to be honest, but like I said, 3rd person only at warpgate for infantry would be nice, especially for screenshots
  5. Pax Empyrean

Third person shooters let you stand by a corner and see around it without being visible. That's a mechanic that favors campers over anyone who is actually on the move, and it's not a fun mechanic to have to deal with.

In the warpgate I wouldn't mind. Do whatever you want in non-combat zones.
  6. Ssential

And you're fine with infantry being able to watch around corners without putting themselves into danger?
    Yes for non-combat zone
    big NO for combat zone.
  7. }{ellKnight

Like others have said this will favor corner camping and corner popping. APB has this issue, if a guy who's good with a shotgun is camping around a corner it's pretty much a guaranteed respawn for you.

On the flip side visual customization items would sell more.
  8. Vreki

No, completely changes the gameplay, and you would have to use it to be competitive.
    Vehicles need it to navigate terrain.
    • Up x 1
  9. Nonesuch

Third person was one of the reasons why the original planetside's combat wasn't that good.
  10. yama

You know what else will double?
    Tripple.. quadruple even?

Aggro. My aggro and most sane players especially PS1 veterans aggro.
    We said NO to this corner camping shait many times before. we shall do it again now.

You don't go to a shoe store and demand a rain coat.
    You don't go to a sushi bar and demand a pizza.
    You don't show up at a horse track with a motor bike.
    And you don't play a First Person Shooter and ask for 3rd person controls.
    • Up x 1
  11. TheBloodEagle

So basically...

HELL NO for combat zone infantry 3rd person
    but sure for non-combat zone (WARP GATE)
  12. maxkeiser

No for both. It would be a waste of dev resources. There are far more important things for them to be doing.
  13. Jaloro

/thread
  14. TheBloodEagle

Yeah because they ABSOLUTELY have to implement it ASAP and completely ignore everything else until then. *golfclap*
  15. Stromberg

FPS ... as if in "first person" shooter
  16. Gramps

Can't wait to walk up some stairs and instantly see this:

[IMG]
  17. Vashyo

Say no to corner camping!
  18. FightingFirst

Dont mind it in non combat areas so you can see your toon but a big NO for any where PvP takes place as there will be too much corner camping.
    FF
  19. Yarma

Sorry OP, Third person view is not good for business, will make you go bald and cause your teeth to fall out.
  20. Paulus

sorry, as someone else already said,, the F in FPS is important here, the tower farming n00bhammer was one of the things i was happy to see left behind in PS1 (along with the BFR and adadada warping)