302mb update on 2/24/14

Discussion in 'Test Server: Discussion' started by Warnarl, Feb 24, 2014.

1. BarxBaron

LMAO THIS

There's some hidden DJs up in Waterson TR ;p

I hope the VOs don't get heard by the enemy...but even then they need to happen on maybe 1 of 5 actions........not ALL actions!

Infil....distances......velocity > All.

Drop or no, NC won this update by no small margin.
  2. Wobberjockey

because our hatred of the weapon stemmed more from the fact that it failed to break any new ground. the fact that it was laughably balanced was simply a side show to that fact.
  3. BloodyPuma

Nephi1im

1. Loled hard. Got nearly 40k headhosts, majority is render distance sniping, so I know what im talking about. Dont just quote people. People go out of visibility with naked eye. Using Scope bypass this problem. People never go out of render range [300 meters] while scoped. Same AV/AI turrets. Please, learn game before starting discussions. You dont know but you feel the urge to write. You got absolutly no idea what you are talking about.

2. If flash is standing still, or rideing in constant speed with predictible pattern - its the same story like with running headshot. After few tries you just know how to. If he is riding chaoticaly - you need lucky shot. Again, clearly see you know nothing about sniping, yet writing comments.

3. Why why why - because you can, and because every battle start that a sundy is comming along with infantry. If somebody can shoot from 300 meters - he will. If he can shoot from 350 meters - he will surely do it knowing he is immune to danger.

4. Again your "hyperboles" and inability to read. Im talking about defences. Not attacking. DEFENCES. L2read please. You setup defence at defence point. Not by calculating distance from enemy. Attackers do that. Again, writing rubbish, presenting nothing.

5. You do not correct gamebreaking idea with another gamebreaking idea. Cure must by aplliad, not adding another pandora box. Lack of logic.

6. LoL about no one sniping at render distance. Use search function on the board "render distance sniping". I see that you also got zero ideas how long range distance sniper operates, position himself and what are unique dangers. You are making big talk with no background.

7. I assume your childish behavior comes from age, as well as inability to see big picture. I will ingore it as well as your rude comments here and there.

8. After so big talks, pretending to know everything from quotes - could you enlighten me with your ingame profile at players database? I dont want to comment you achievements, skill or stuff. Just want to see how long have you played long range sniper - cause from what I read in your post - you got 0 experience.
  4. XDDante

yeah i mean NC wanted a true rail gun,devs gave us snipe/shotgun,hated for both NC itself and vs/tr,shotgun got removed finally is a rail gun again,though it had no bullet drop,vs/tr start complaining all over again,bullet drop gets removed and still see people claiming that Railjack is OP,i mean yes to some people 250 muzzle velocity more are a big deal because it may seems like you can snipe more easily but is not groundbreaking either,other than muzzle velocity it's just sightly better than Longshot,i mean if it gets more nerfed then really there will be no point to change Longshot over Railjack...
  5. Wobberjockey

last i checked Gnometheft, Plague rat, and EpicHighFive are NC infiltrators who were none too happy with the NC ESSR.

don't try to turn this into a "other factions trying to nerf the NC" argument because that isn't the problem.
    the problem is that SOE has settled on a T4 BASR for the NC that breaks no new ground for your faction or your infiltrators.
  6. Nephi1im

1) Are you kidding? I have to believe you are kidding. The whole issue with turrets is that they can hit things that can not see them. The maximum infantry render range is 300 meters. END OF STORY.

2) This discussion is over anyway since you are full of ****, but yea... I mean I can hit AFK people all day too. And a moving flash at 300 meters.... sure just like a soldier, only going 20 times faster.... whatevs.

3) Again, if you're sniping near 300 meters with any kind of regularity, you're bad and you should feel bad.

4) Defense points... you means those things that any base of medium or larger size has about 10 of?

5) My response on this one was pretty much a joke since.... no one who isn't terrible snipes at 300 meters. Also, are you comparing turrets than blow up tanks to a guy shooting infantry?

6) These aren't really cogent sentences anymore, but yea, lets go back to #3.

7) Cool story bro.... The railjack will be released with not much of a thud, and you will look dumb while trying to snipe all those big mean turrets from 350 meters.

8) Again with the cool stories. I'll remind you, you're the one farming moving flashes at over 300 meters and landing 2 shots no less. Also you apparently have the ability to see anyone not in a vehicle from said distance, so I mean... I want to subscribe to your youtube channel to see this in action. Link please?!!?
  7. Nephi1im

Feel free to show us some new ground. I've read a multitude of threads related to "railjack change suggestions" and they are all terrible or asking for a tactical nuke as a secondary.

Really, the VS rifle is the only one that breaks new ground. The TR rifle combines a few, but nothing that wasn't a gun in game. It's pretty easy to say "why didn't you make it new and exciting" without presenting a balanced option that would be as such. I don't doubt that the devs tried several option internally and nothing worked. As such, I'd much rather have a "T4" BASR than some ridiculous shotgun duck taped to a T1.
  8. BloodyPuma

So, you you did not respond to any argument, did not took lies you wrote, and started personal attacks.
    Kids these days, know nothing, pretending everything. Come to Woodman, see what I do. Or go to Matherson - see What Torokokill Can do. Or Brigs, or any other server - cause there are many long range snipers.

1. What are you talking about? uMAD? I clearly wrote that is infantry render distance - 300 meters. I clearly wrote at how far you can see turrets - damn long. Cheaty cheaty or blind?

2. Your lack of experience in this game is your problem, not mine.

3. LOL. Sp you are now SOE "special" wannabe-policmen talking how people should or should not play? Holy crap - I must tell thousand of Woodman Players that they will burn in SOE hell. Dude, you are just making clown of yourself. Long range sniping is legit range used daily by minions of people. Have you ever played other FPS? Like 3000 meters sniping range? All sinners? LOL.

4. Tower bases, defense towers. I give you example if you lack ability to think for yourself. Look Quartridge entrance. Two towers - usually 20 AV/AI turrets on them - guarded by 5,10,20 or mote sniper depending on the battle size. If you want to eliminate them - you have to go into sniper-defenders range. With Railjack you can 1 shot kill theam easily - with immunity - no one can see you - no one can harm you.

5. Now you are talking lika a "real pro". So common dude, show me your profile. Show as petty players how a real pro rules the auraxis with a sniper rifle...
    Sorry dude, you are making complete jerk and idiot of yourself at his point.

End of discussion.

You got zero knowledge of battle flow. You know nothing about sniping. You are narrowminded wannabie wanting to force people to play your style or " bad" or worse " terrible players".

On purpouse you are creating argue omiting facts. All of that just to receive op gun. You dont have many friends in real life, dont you? ;)
  9. XDDante

too bad those few NC infiltrators do not count as the whole community,so whether they like the rifle or not shouldn't affect the changes made to the gun,and yes your argument is still trying to nerf the Railjack just because you think is a Tier 4 BASR when in reality it's just a little better than Longshot...
  10. Botji

Welcome to the VS, where faction traits mean you might hit a target 350m away you might not have hit without it!

Aside from that, it was op with no drop and the velocity, now im not so sure. Imo its still a pure upgrade from the Longshot only just not as large as before.

Then if you think its worthy of being a "new" rifle is a whole different issue. Boring as hell though but you cant say its not going to be effective while im pretty sure I wont be touching the new VS rifle with a stick unless the cooldown on the charged shot has been or will be lowered significantly from when I last tested it.

I already have good rifles for long range and close range, im not going to need some bastard child between the two that cant do any of them decently :/

You can ignore this if you want, I mostly just wanted to take a jab at your complaint that the rifles trait is kinda meh when in function its pretty much the much covetted VS faction trait.
  11. HadesR

I'd be happy with 300m OHK range .. TBH it's only another gun to medal anyway and we have the Best Turret sniper in the Nix as it is ..

Just need to fix the AV turret range and render but that's another topic
  12. Nephi1im

It was very close to no drop before, now it is the same, and some report slightly more drop, as the longshot. VS shouldn't have any problem with it stepping on trait toes as it sits.

I don't know when the last time you used the VS rifle was, but it now can shoot two charged shots before overheating, the charge shot is powered at about a half a second (and can be held for 3 seconds), and the cooldown is like 6 seconds. It's a far cray better than when it was a gimped lancer.

I wasn't complaining that it was meh. I actually like the railjack a lot. If they could come up with some versatility that actually worked, I wouldn't be against it, but I'll definitely take a solid BASR over the original iteration.
  13. Wobberjockey

well for one, the TR ESSR looks like it it giving battle rifle functionality to the infiltrator, with some burst fire. so while not new for the game, it opens up a new niche that the infiltrator has tools to compete in.

the VS ESSRseems to be just outside that moving out to BASR ranges, (though i feel that it really needs access to a 4x scope) and the charge mechanic is new, and again, we have the flexibility to operate at more range. (with the TR getting that with their different bursts)

Idea 1:
    since SOE seems to want the NC to operate at long range i'm wondering if we can't make use of plague rats under barrel/ over barrel concept to give the rifle additional utility.
    so the main fire mode would be roughly equivalent to a T2 sniper rifle. well serviceable for anti infantry work, but the longshot would be better for straight AI purposes.
    pressing 1 again would deploy a bipod, and the rifle would do some suitably neat animation, allowing the weapon to function in a light AV/Anti MAX role (the AV mode would bypass part of the max's innate small arms resistances.)

the the tradeoffs would be:

Big noise/Big tracer
    Limited ammo capacity for this mode: 4-6 rounds carried max
    Single shot
    deployed, so no cloaking while in AV mode
    long reload/ time between shots

ammo could be replenished by iTerms/sunderers only, thus keeping a check on having an engy and an infiltrator sniping maxes all day on some hill.

which would give the infiltrator something to do agains vehicles.

Idea 2
    explosive rockets, assisted by a railgun, doing more point damage damage the further it goes.
    at close ranges there would be an AOE effect, not unlike the lasher, allowing the infiltrator to do splash damage to groups as well as point damage to targets. (this is also why the lasher is effective against maxes. direct hits do both explosive and small arms damage.)
    as the rocket accelerates, it does more damage to targets further away, but loses the AOE effect (because there is less fuel in the rocket)
    the total damage curve should remain approximately flat out to 300m with the curves crossing somewhere in the middle.

this weapon would give the NC infiltrator the ability to affect massed infantry and maxes at shorter range, while retaining the characteristics of a BASR at longer ranges, and encouraging the infiltrator to get further away in order to maximize point damage, or closer to maximize the AOE effect.
    plus, by taking a slowed down lasher effect, we are using existing game mechanics, and applying them to a different class and faction, but tweaking them to the point where the VS HA shouldn't feel that their role is being taken away from them.
    plus panic fire has a splash AOE that could be used as a last ditch defense. ( with the obvious caveat of, the infiltrator might hit themselves)
  14. Wobberjockey

they don't represent all NC, you are right.

but it DOES mean that it's not just the VS and TR that have a problem with the Railjack

also i just suggested that you get an anti max capable rifle. how is that a nerf?
  15. HadesR

I think they will go with what they have for now, maybe a tweak here or there before live , but pretty much a standard Blot Action..
  16. XDDante

but their problem doesn't involve nerfing the Railjack,and even they do again the re-balance shouldn't revolve around in just a few guys...

Edit:i mistook the argument of the sniper rifle being an anti-max weapon but no i like the Railjack as it is :)
  17. Wobberjockey

yea...
    i feel sorry for you guys.