3-2 update state of the game

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Cryosin, Mar 3, 2016.

1. Cryosin

I am including previous recent updates as well:

HA nerf was much needed. Game feels a lot more balanced and HA still have a place.

Too many vehicles everywhere. This has always been a problem but I think it's worse now with the HA nerf. No cool down and spammable vehicles are not fun to play against. There is almost no infantry in outdoor combat outside of sunderers near bases.

There is not enough new content. New weapons that are slightly different than old weapons are not exciting enough.
    • Up x 3
  2. OldMaster80

Well it depends on the point of view. Surely today vehicles can be spammed more than when the game came out, due to changes to the resources system and the removal of the acquisition cooldown. But many vehicles have also been nerfed, so now they are easier to approach, and we have many different AV weapons.
    I still see some good infantry battles between bases, and I think the Construction System will make this even better.

A good question would be instead if we have enough free space between bases to grant good fights. In the case of Hossin, personally I have some doubts.

What is really harmful for infantry imho is instead aircraft, which way too hard to counter from the ground. As discussed in other threads the problem is in small / medium fights people rarely go for anti-aircraft weapons: Bursters and Skyguards are so specific and so weak against infantry and vehicles that people won't choose them until the moment ESF or Liberators pop up. Usually when that happens the fight is likely to be already screwed as most of classes have no way to retaliate and can just run for cover while they get farmed.
    Another problem, debated since the game came out, is spawn rooms layout. In many bases vehicles and aircraft have it very easy to camp the spawning point, and resecuring from there is instead next to impossible. A good example of the poor spawn room design is the rooftop: there is a grav lifer to get up, but there is no other way to get back in than jumping down and passing through the floor shields. That rooftop is just a place where to be sniped and lolpodded, period.

Regarding new content you should be aware that the Construction System is behind the corner, and also the revamp of Indar.
    More weapons are welcome, but I'd love to see more ES stuff. NS items make me think lazy devs are looking for fast ways to grab more money.
  3. Cryosin

With less HA on the field though vehicles are even more massed.

Aircraft have also always had that issue. No AA and they are OP, whereas two AA Max's can clear the sky of air.

I'm not saying no new weapons, just weapons that already fill a role with a slight tweak are not exciting.
  4. Scr1nRusher

HA's are not really "less" played, they just are more counterable.(except for resist shield)

and vehicles have never been "spammed". And you can beat them fairly easily if you know what you are doing.
  5. LeFitz

How about the succeeding 3 hotfix on server performances gentlemen?
    For me it has made my ping goes up from a steady 200ms +/- 10% to anywhere between 200 and 800ms. Needless to say that renders the game unplayable. I hope we are still in a transitional phase wherein DBG is still optimizing the servers. Otherwise I would vote for reverting the recent changes.
  6. STEALTHKILL

I agree, too many vehicles on the field now which makes them something just spammed instead of thought out. I'd rather PS2 slow itself down to become somewhat more a tactical game versus pretty much a twitch shooter for Infantry and a spamfest for vehicles.

I'd rather have it where on the individual and platoon level pulling vehicles has to be thought about because the lost will be a true lost. Right now if you survive three minutes you can pull another one immediately upon death.

Just look at the silliness when a platoon pulls a platoon worth of galaxies (something that should be limited to squad/platoon leads to make them fit a determined role of transport and an important one). or an all out zergfest of tanks and "Max Crashes" because there's really little value in them.

They should make it so where only so many vehicles and/or maxes can be pulled from one base and give timers to them. Gals should be limited to leadership...limits to how many sundies so that's something else leadership has to think about.
  7. Abraham with Cheese

How to beat vehicles: everyone pulls heavy, fires rocket launchers, either lock-on or dumbfire. If you don't know how to use a dumbfire outside of close ranges, then do so, it travels straight and has a predictable rate of drop.

Soon enough, if everyone listens to that suggestion, rockets will outnumber enemy vehicles 5 to 1 on any battlefield.
    • Up x 1
  8. voidreaperxx5

I also crash 10% of the time whenever I use my recon dart tool.
  9. Cryosin

I agree with a lot of your points. It's not limited to galaxies though. A platoons worth of any vehicle spawned in massed with no cool down timers or requirements or limited quantities is always going to be a little silly to watch.

It also reduces the feel of being "in a vehicle" when vehicles are spawned in mass and are able to be killed so quickly.
  10. Cryosin

I am not saying vehicles are overpowered. In fact, I'd say they're underpowered to compensate for how easy it is to obtain them.
  11. Reclaimer77

I think I've finally figured out your problem:

You're BLIND.