2x sight overused pls nerf

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Jaedrik, Dec 22, 2013.

1. Jaedrik

In all seriousness, has anyone else noticed that everyone who has guns that can equip 2x go for the 2x? It's a magnificent magnification. I dunno, maybe it's just me. Instead of actually nerfing (thread title is joke pls don't hurt me :eek:), I would like a little variety to the sights, a 1.35x for a reliable iron-sights counterpart, a 1.5x for who knows what, etc. Or, is it fine the way it is with the current weapons? :p
  2. SnipersUnion

I think the only modification I'd like to see with the smaller scopes is for the red dot to not be bigger than the actual head of a target. Especially the SAS-R.
    • Up x 1
  3. Jaedrik

Aye, they're quite opaque as well.
  4. MajiinBuu

I love how our 2x reflex sight is floating above our gun. Primitive other factions have to actually attach a scope to their guns :p
  5. NinjaKirby

I thought there was proof about the Red dot sights being misaligned, because of Bullets following the centre screen, not the Sight itself.

Or was this rectified? Because that would be worse then it being opaque or too large :p Sorry if this is brought up time and time again, it may be hotly discussed.
    • Up x 1
  6. Jaedrik

No, it's still there, and you're right that it's bad.
  7. Ruvan

The scopes are a prime example of how this development team doesn't have a clue on how to balance features.

They nerf the 1x with a massive red dot to justify the existence of 2x+.

If they had a clue they'd make the 1x dots smaller, like most of the play base wants and then change the 2x+ scopes (or even remove a few) such that they are actually competitive and have some advantages over the buffed 1x scopes.

The current balancing situation has lead to most scopes being crap and unusable. I won't use a 1x because the red dot is too big at medium ranges. 2x scopes are okay. Over 2x I very rarely use because the way SoE has implemented them means that they make recoil harder to control outside of a very specific range... which kinda defeats the purpose of a longer range scope.
    • Up x 2
  8. Furrydaus

Lol I really didn't want to read this thread bexause I thought this was a dumb thread but it seems it was a joke (a good one I would say) and that you wanted to suggest implenentation of new scopes to the refelx sights. I suggest that the 1x scope can be magnified from 1x to 1.5x by pressing a button and 2x to be magnified from 2x to 2.5x. Giving a variety of options and giving more value to the scopes. Imo 30 certs for a reflex sight is too damn expensive. 10 certs will be for unconfigurable sights while 30certs for configurable sights stated above.
  9. Jaedrik

Yeah, I kinda regret naming it like this, driving away potential readers, perhaps I should have misspelled more things?
    I don't know about these variable sights, though. I'd rather have them after they make the 1x actually decent. Kinda hypocritical on my part, so I wanna say that if they won't fix the current ones then sure, add new ones! The configurable ones will just de facto gain the reasoned assent of every gun user unless they're trash.

Also, great post Ruvan.
  10. Liquid23

2x is the most I go on a lot of weapons simply because of the massively crappy ballistic arc most weapons have... a 2x works fine for me out well past 100 meters which is actually further than the effective range of most of the carbine/AR/LMGs in the game... I also see no point for me personally in using 1x since I can acquire targets just as fast and aim just as well with the irons
  11. Nexus545

I don't use the 2x sights. I tend to use the scopes on my guns unless it's a shotgun or SMG.
  12. Catch23

I don't know many guns that profit from a 2x over a 1x. Sniper rifles. Battle Rifles. A few long range auto weapons. Effectice recoil, time to zoom into accurate aim is better on the 1x scopes. Larger isn't always better
  13. shd

I doubt that's what she said.
    • Up x 3
  14. Catch23

The ACX-11 is a better gun now than before. With a 1x and Advanced Foregrip. You want to go for Headshots. You neither want to show up on the mini-map from twice as far nor burst fire due to recoil.
    So no compensator, no HV Ammo, no scope above 1x.

2x and above are only useful on semi-autos and BASRs
  15. Chipay

It's not floating, it's a piece of glass that rests in the holder thingy, where TR and VS have their piece of glass completely surrounded by the holder thingy
  16. Posse

I always use the default iron sight or the 1x reflex in case I don't like the iron sight of the weapon
    • Up x 1
  17. Liquid23

for the majority any gun that can fire to what this game considers medium range would profit using a 2x over a 1x... so most LMGs, ARs and carbines other than the ones specifically made of CQB... 2x isn't a lot of magnification and the effect it has on noticeable recoil or "time to zoom into accurate aim" is next to nothing... hell the only actually noticeable difference between the 1x and the 2x would be that the target is slightly larger

I honestly don't see much of a point in the 1x sights as they are just a visual change but functionally the same as irons
  18. Catch23

Well, each to his own. I do notice a significant difference especially on moving targets. You can lose aim, easier to lead. I can headshoot up to 100m with a 1x. But I don't single shoot Saws
  19. Liquid23

oh I can hit targets in the head at 100 meters with a 1x too... but it is undeniable easier to do so when using a 2x simply because said target is slightly larger... now if we jump to 3.4x or 4x than the trade-off is actually noticeable because it's a decent amount of magnification... now while the target is a decent amount larger the visual recoil a bunch more and it's enough magnification to actually hinder aiming at close targets

it's why I only use irons or 2x (IR/NV sometimes but that has nothing to do with magnification) on most carbines, ARs and LMGs... 2x makes targets a little easier to hit at distance while not noticeably affecting my aim at close targets... the larger magnification have much more of a trade-off in that regard and the 1x are no different than irons
  20. Furrydaus

Misspell more??? Lol you sure you want to do that mate? Haha just my 2 cents and I don't think it will be implemented. I'm just saying that for noobs, 30certs is a lot. Although I'm BR23. (I've been deleting and trying new factions since the release. Highest BR is 72 but I deleted it for reasons. :p )I rather that all of the things in the depo actually had value for money. Even if its not using smed bucks