2 week old noob needs answers

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Voodoo Bliss, Dec 5, 2012.

1. Voodoo Bliss

Howdy, I've been playing about 2 weeks, I use infantry most of the time, especially Light Assault but have tried my hand at tanks and suped up my sunderer to spawn peeps.

Just started trying my hand at flying machines, mainly the Fighter, I must say I'm not very good, yet.

I have several questions:

1- How do you activate heads up display and target reticules in third person mode while in a vehicle?

2- Does Vehicle Stealth actually mean you are invisible on the mini-map?

3- When in a flyer how do you change the keybindings to allow you to pan left and right with the mouse instead of rolling?

4- The Engineer can deploy his turret as an ammo pack, is this an exploit/bug?

5- How do you make your Engineers turret into an infantry terminal, I'm sure I saw someone elses turret have an infantry terminal built into it but I cant find the cert?

6- How can I make my Light Assault as good as the Light Assault in the trailer? Sticking to aircraft and fly like you have an afterburner on, is this the Drift Thruster cert?

7- Why does the Light Assault only have one ability when the other classes have two or three? Would be nice if it could wield Scout Rifles.

The first three questions are the most important, thank you in advance.
  2. bigjuancrd

1.) You can't.
    2.) No, it makes it take longer for rockets to lock on to you.
    3.) <I think it's in the key bindings, but don't quote me>
  3. Mietz

4- its an exploit/bug, although ive never seen it happen.
    5- you don't, its either a hacker or a bug
    6- you can't its cinematic ****, there isn't a way to make them properly fly.
    7- every class has one ability, everything else are certs. But im guessing you mean something else, like special equipment

Infiltrator: cloak
    LA: jetpack
    Medic: heal gun
    Engineer: Repair gun
    HA: shield
    MAX: charge

additionally these are equipment unlocks for all classes:
    C4, medpacks

Specific unlocks:
    Engineer: mines, sticky grenades
    HA: AV grenades

you know what read the wiki... http://wiki.planetside-universe.com/ps/Portal:Main
  4. Voodoo Bliss

Thank you for the replies.

Its a bummer you cant fight in 3rd person, and I've fiddled with the fliers keybindings for hours and not found a way to aim with the mouse and roll with the keyboard while in a flier.

Ahh I counted the rocket launcher, self-heal/turret, and hacking as abilities.

Bummer about the stealth, in the cert description it says that you wont show up on radar, does this function do nothing or is stealth literally only for lock-on times?
  5. Dregan

1. You can't.
    2. No. Strictly speaking the cert should be called "targeting jammer".
    3. I... hmm I don't know. I would assume it would be in keybindings but when it comes to mouse movements, binding them have always been hard. Afraid I can't help you.
    4. It seems to be a legacy code thing. To allow engineers to take something other than an ammo kit when he rolls out he needed access to the ammo kit some other way. Changing the turret to an ammo kit worked. However the problem comes when that ammo kit is not affected by the restrictions of the normal kit (mostly duration). This part is probably a bug. Allowing the engineer to have 2 ammo kits up at the same time is probably also a bug.
    5. If someone did that he cheated. Though frankly its sounds like a cool idea.
    6. It was a cinematic. Getting that kind of movement into the game would probably stretch what the engine and the coding could take.
    7. Everyone has 1 ability (except engineer but he has more equipment. I suppose the turret could be called their special ability). Some classes has special equipment though. The medic has the medic tool, engineer has the repair tool and HA has the rocket launcher. What it boils down to is that each class has the abilities and equipment needed to do their role. The role of the LA is to get around with ease, to get places others can't and to make attacks from unexpected angles. All these roles are covered by the jump jet.
  6. bPostal

To the best of my knowledge:
    1: you don't.
    2: AFAIK you don't show up automatically within a certain range unless you fire and/or are spotted and lockon timers take a second or two longer. This could have changed
    3: Hell if I know
    4: if I'm reading that correct you're talking about an ammo pack that can shoot people? That sounds like a bug
    5: Why would you want a term on your turret? That just means more ****ers are walking in front of your line of fire.
    6: You can't. If you want to fly up rather quickly and fast then see if you can get your hands on the Icarus Jumpjets. I don't play LA so I couldn't even tell you if they were in the game but I know for a fact that someone remixed the PS2 trailer blur made to make it look like the guy got smacked like a bug on a windshield right as he tried to jump onto a Gal. This is what will happen mostimes if you try to jump onto an aircraft going full blast.
    7: Used to have the ability to drop ammo but it was too 'lone wolfish' so that was cut. The extra mobility is plenty enough IMO.
  7. Kia936

[quote="

6- How can I make my Light Assault as good as the Light Assault in the trailer? Sticking to aircraft and fly like you have an afterburner on, is this the Drift Thruster cert?

7- Why does the Light Assault only have one ability when the other classes have two or three? Would be nice if it could wield Scout Rifles.

.[/quote]
    I play LA and i would rather have a AR not a scout rifle if we got another weapon choce and i would like to do that **** thats in the trailer lol
  8. Morpholine

1. Not possible.
    2. Vehicle stealth keeps one off the mini-map (for both friendlies and enemies) unless the vehicle is firing a weapon or an enemy has "Q" spotted the vehicle. It also increases lock-on time for missiles by a very marginal amount.
    3. My understanding is it is not possible to remove the roll from the mouse, but I could be mistaken. It's not an area I've looked into thorooughly.
    4. This is intentional. It allows the engineer to also use mines or C4, without giving up the ammunition dispensing ability.
    5. Not possible. You are mistaken.
    6. Drift thrusters allow a LA to "glide" for long distances from high starts. The trailer is a cinematic, and has taken a few creative liberties in favor of being more awesome.
    7. I'm not sure where you're getting the two or 3 ability count from. HA have one - the overshield. Medics have one - the AOE heal. Engineers have none. Infiltrators have one - cloaking. LA have one - the jetpack. Maxes have one - Max rush.
  9. Shepherd

As to your first question "How do I turn on a reticle in third person" the answer is simply: YOU CAN'T

Third person only exists so that you can see where you are going slightly better, so you can maneuver around obstacles and avoid running friendlies over behind you. They have stated NUMEROUS times that they want people to spend MOST of their time in first person, and that they certainly do not want people to be able to fight from third person mode.
  10. Hellkyte

The multiple abilities question is tricky for balance. The JJ is arguably the single most powerful ability of any class. For that reason it's tricky to give them other add on abilities (or special/unique items) like the other classes have. There's talk abou adding some kind of team oriented item, like a scout radar or something, but if you gave them something like a long rifle or even something small like ammo packs you would be seeing some serious complaints about them being OP.