[Suggestion] 2 Things....

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by TRspy007, Jan 28, 2020.

1. TRspy007

In summary, consider making a planetside 2 official instagram account and on other social media platforms, and PLEASE FIX THE JAVELIN, give it the same mechanics as the flash it's supposed to be. For those who wish to read a wall of text, continue...

It's been a while now, the only social media platform the devs communicate with is twitter. It's good, but.....yeah. I was wondering if they could diversify their reach, maybe create an official account on instagram, where they can post beautiful pictures of the game on ultra, send us quick stories of what's going on at their work. Just a few ideas to generate more community involvement and attention to the game for...well...free, basically.

Now the second thing, and I really can't believe I have to point this out. It's been weeks now, and NS ops have been flying around at 40000kph on their javelin that basically defies gravity, reaches supersonic speeds and is practically impossible to shoot down with any weapon in the game. It's nice to have something cool for the members, but if new players come after the "big update", assuming the infinite bugs have been fixed/covered up, if stuff like that is just available for members, it sends out the impression that the game is pay2win, which is the feeling most people have with free2play games.

Obviously, I know this game is far from pay2win, and that new players theoretically start on the same grounds as veterans (minus vehicles). However, I look at my piece of garbage flash, while the NS ops fly around me surmounting every obstacle at the speed of light, and I wonder what a new/returning player who likely doesn't have a membership would think of that. Its like players who pay get a Bugatti and those who don't get a tricycle to race each other. I understand making the NS ops gear look cool and all, and honestly, those guys deserve it. They've been supporting the game through tough times, when I gave up on it long ago. The problem is giving them different mechanics that make their stuff "better" in actual gameplay. I mean, good luck trying to catch up to or lead a guy speeding past on his javelin.

I'm assuming the vehicle was just copy/pasted from planetside arena to planetside 2, but the fact that the gravity/speed weren't adjusted so the vehicle has similar mechanics to the matching vehicles on other factions is kinda disappointing and makes the game look ridiculous, at least in the eyes of players that aren't used to it. There's NS ops climbing cliffs and doing backflips and all at lightning speeds, while my (max racer chassis) flash struggles to go over a bump on the road.

I also find it kinda sad that the NS faction gets their own faction specific vehicles, when the factions that are supposed to be different all fight in the same-look NS vehicles (minus esf and mbt). Although that's a topic for an other discussion.
  2. Scroffel5

I say to keep the Javelin as it is but make it better. Make the NEST launcher actually do something. It could even lock on to infantry and I wouldn't care. When NSO rolls in, make it feel like SWAT just came to back you up, and when you see a Defector or a Javelin, make it feel like they are going to help you blow up whatever is in your path.
    • Up x 1
  3. Liewec123

they could just make reload 2-3 seconds instead of EIGHT seconds and Nest Launcher would be infinitely more practical,
    though still a world behind Fury Flash

Javelin still isn't worth pulling despite being fun to drive/fly around in, it has no purpose.
    flash is worlds better,
    and why do you think NSO shouldn't get faction specific stuff? Javelin is like their MBT though waaaay weaker.
    there currently isn't a reason to play NSO (besides "i'm a cool robot, look at me!") and a ton of reasons not too.
    they're a massive self handicap, and you want to make their vehicle worse? :O
    • Up x 1