2 stealth bug questions

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by baka, Jan 18, 2017.

1. baka

1. Sometimes my stalker cloaking gets stuck "on" and the only way to shut it off is to keep moving till it expires. Afterward it will work normally until it sticks again. When stuck, I can do nothing but move. Has anyone else seen this, and is it maybe something I am doing that is causing it?

2. Lately I have had my cloaking fail to my eyes - I can see the colors of my arm and weapon looking like they are coated in molten glass, never going full transparent. Is this only on my screen or am I partialy visible on the screen? I have never seen another infy look this way, so I am assuming it is only on my screen...
  2. xXGenesisXx

The weapon thingy happens to me constantly . The stalker cloak bug happened to me only ones.
  3. Campagne

I can't say I've ever experienced the first one, but the second sounds like you're being illuminated by a darklight.

I'm not sure if you know how they work in PS2. If you don't already know, flashlights can light up infiltrators to their faction-specific colour which creates a sort of outline surrounding them, as long as their within the beam of the light.

Both friendlies and enemies can hit you with a flashlight even just by accident. Hope that helps at all.
  4. BartasRS

First bug happens due to poor ping, I usually have this bug when my connection shows BAD
    Second one is, sadly, quite common. Relogging usually fixes this. It is assumed it is only bugged for you and all others can still "see" you fully cloaked tho personally I am not so sure.

Cloaks act weirdly these days anyway. Anyone with good graphic card and running the game on ultra should have no problems seeing you even in deep cloak, especially if you move or standing against moving objects or glowing background.
  5. baka

I have had cloaking stick when Ping is fine. When I see Poor I start really watching for the game to go to hades, and when I see BAD I just log out and play something else... or go outside.

It is definitely not darklight since it can occur immediately after spawning or when no one else is around. Iit does not look like darklight illumination. I'll try to do a video next time to show you. I do make the assumption that it is only my graphic that is screwed up and no one else can see it since I have never seen this effect on any other cloaker

I never expect my cloaking to be invisible (and laugh when I get a tell of "hacker" after I kill a stealther. I play at anywhere from 47 to 144 fps (good lord this game varies) on a 1ms response 144mHz monitor and specifically keep my eyes out for the ripple of a stealth or that blur which shows a cloaked sundy.....or the cloaked flash and armyAnt.
  6. PanzerGoddess

That bug is a never ending bug, been here since beta. It is hard to look at on your end but everyone else you would still be cloaked. As far as seeing cloaked stalkers, anyone can if your looking hard enough, the theory of its "easy" to see stalkers makes me laugh everytime, Ive killed plenty of players using that theory.

Its all graphic settings, FOV + Medium + No shadow/effects can make finding stalkers much easier than using ultra graphics. Specially after hitting them, the glimmer on medium graphics really stand out. I play on ultra as I see no point playing on lower settings so I can justify having an edge against other players, then again I have a decent pc too.

If you have problems like that, if you have an emp, emp yourself should go away, or use a terminal to restock or change classes back and forth. Also if you have BLOOM on, it can cause some strangeness to your cloak.