[BUG] 2 irritating ESF bugs

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by ShadowReaper500, Dec 23, 2012.

1. ShadowReaper500

These have been here since late beta and have been reported over and over again. The to some extent ruin ESF, even though flying them is pretty easy.

1. Afterburner fail

Occasionally when triggering the afterburners at a low speed, usually when hovering with the thrusters pointed down or to either left or right, they will do nothing even when holding down "W" to move forward. It can take anything from 3-8 seconds before your ESF acctually starts moving at all which can be a pain when trying to avoid fire from the ground or trying to break a dogfight. No matter which way your thrusters are angled nothing will happen and it causes some irritation for a person who uses ESF's regularly. It is something that I have until this day not been able to avoid or break when it triggers.

2. In-the-corner-flickering

When the ESF is placed in the corner of the screen when turning, in third person, it starts to flicker back and forth. This usually occurs at higher speeds or really fast turns. This gets to a point where your eyes acctually starts to hurt. Frankly it is irritating and more than often messes up flying in dogfights. And for the love of god don't say "Just switch to first person"! It is still a bug that needs to be fixed.

These bugs have occured to me as a TR in a mosquito. I do not know if these are causing problems with the other ESF's or if it affects the bigger aircraft.

//Shadow