1st January Miller unplayable

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by OldMaster80, Jan 1, 2015.

1. OldMaster80

Hi guys, ping took off to the sky for everyone on Miller. For me it's 300 in the best case, but it's mainly around 500 while it's usually around 120.
    And performance dramatically dropped.

BTW happy new year.
  2. Snowfake

After a recent break from playing I came back to miller. I spent a good few weeks tweaking my settings as the game didn't feel like I remembered. After awhile I gave up and just put it down to out of practice and maybe im just getting old.

Then one night I decided to go and play a bit on my NC on US server and well........... I was amazed! everything was smooth responsive, zero input lag and hit detection was 100% dead on. This from a server I averaged 120 -200 ms.

Going back to miller I noticed that my ms started at 60 ms in quiet times and when the server became more active it would increase up to 250! Before my break (which was about 8 months long) I used to get a good average 30ms.

So basically what I am saying it Miller server is a total JOKE! I have heard that it is all of the EU servers and that when SOE parted ways with Prosieben the problems began. So one has to assume that SOE have acquired a cheaper substitute for what we had before knowing that most people would continue playing the game.
    Considering the amount of people I noticed wearing camo's and voice packs on the US server compared to miller I have to say I would be surprised indeed if they were making more revenue from those servers over ours.

Dose anyone else feel as annoyed about this as me? and please correct me if my hear say has wrongly informed me.
  3. Noktaj

Well, server is crap even on the 2nd of Jen. 120 to 200ms on Indar at 2pm CET with 2 continents locked, a full mag to kill someone past 10 m.
    One can only hope that what Smed said about they stopping EVERYTHING else to make the game playable again (I wonder if it ever was, sadly) will improve things.

Dunnow how much this is a matter of poor netcoding or poor service providers on EU servers though. Because in this case, they trying fixing bugs won't solve the servers being crappy.
    I can bear with the game faults (I've been enduring since beta), god I can even bear with the random framerates and memleaks but the poor connection and servers issues are what have stopped me playing for the longest periods during the last 2 years.
  4. zant91

2nd of January, Cobalt unplayable. :(
  5. luziferjones

I just wonder, if we will ever get an respone from the staff about what they are doing to fix this or even trying to fix this. Today my average ping was around 300ms.
  6. Tito

dont play indar its got hoorible ping