17000score/hour with 0.07 KDR.. somehow i dont feel bad ;)

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by siiix, May 4, 2013.

1. siiix

BEFORE the event was over i had 17000 score / hour. with only 1 kill, 3 base caps and 2 / 5 rewards.. ALL the rest support score

really what do i care about kills if i can score better with support ?!

not saying i could not kill if i wanted to , i tried a few days ago and i got 2.5 KDR over 4 hours with minimal support done (could not resist to support once in a while / habit)

i figured i unlock everything i need before i go for the killing, i really dont see anything wrong with this

note that after event the score is even more, just put that as proof that that is not included in the 17000

[IMG]
  2. DrazahNede

I dont understand where you are going with it, captain?
    • Up x 4
  3. Pella

You got 15k xp for winning the alert? And the rest was made up of support / kills?

Hardly post worthy...
    • Up x 3
  4. siiix

just saying KDR dont matter, it would HURT my score/progress if i would care about how many times i die

over all my KDR will be permanently screwed, but scoring is so easy... i do not think i could progress this fast with focusing on KDR polishing

i MIGHT (not even sure on that) progress faster if i'm one of those 10.0 KDR people (witch i'm not), but i would constantly stress my self not to mess up my stats by dying

note that my score / hour on my long term stats is messed up because i constantly leave the game idling when i post or have to walk away because it just takes way to long to load the game back up, also i experiment a lot when i make no score at all, like take screenshots of scenery.. again i could not do any of that if i would be concerned about my stats
  5. siiix

17000 with out an alert , i like to see someone post better ;) it might be possible , but i like to see it
  6. Pella

1 Hour 6mins of repairing a max with a ammo pack in a bio lab will yield allot more.

With XP boost, Should be over 50k xp/p/hr
    • Up x 1
  7. loleator

Edit: You mean score with alerts? That isn't post worthy. Somebody probably had the whole continent and got the whole xp already.
  8. SinerAthin

I actually don't get why they put KDR into PS2 in the first place, just look at how quickly they removed it in Tribes :p

Did you have membership?
  9. loleator

nope
  10. siiix

no WITHOUT !

------------
    @Pella

yeah max is great , except there aren't enough around to do 50k, but i do max repair as much as i can... obviously ;)
  11. Leonard DeVir

I know exactly where you are coming from. I always took KD as a measurement of my performance, but I soon realized that it has no place in this game, especially if you play support - which I do as dedicated medic. SPH is the thing to go to roughly monitor your performance, and honestly, I managed to get out of the 90exp/min to now 110exp/min (still climbing) just by doing my job better.
    Thats approx. two revives and a kill/two revives and a few dudes healed in 2 minutes, but Im not going out of my way to farm certs. I play to fulfill objectives, which means there is a lot of filler time (travelling, waiting for the cap, defending,...).

Whoever is worried about his KD should realize that you get better the more you progress, you wont die as much as in the beginning and your score will even out. Whoever is worried about his SPH should realize that you should strive to be good at your role, and it will rise naturally. We dedicated supporters will never get a KD or SPH like the dedicated Lib or ESF pilots, so judge yourself by your performance in-game, not your stat board.
  12. siiix

in general i agree with you, the only difference is that i take high risk support roles as well

for example :
    the sundie is ready to blow, should i repair it even trough its 98% certain i will die in the blast ? i say YES absolutely, not only the points BUT the 2% chance that i save that sundie is WAY worth the 98% chance that die ... because after that sundie is gone i wont have much to repair anyways, so might as well do something useful with my death.. if our assault and infiltrators cant kill the rocket guy , i as engineer have lower chance, not to mention even if i kill him, he can immediately respawn, but we cant, once that sundie is gone, its irrelevant how good our players are we just lost the capture

should i revive this guy/max in the biolab even trough i'm 75% certain to die in the process ? absolutely, IF i can re-spawn emeditatively near by what do i have to lose ? 10 seconds ? who cares the 140-250 certs are WAY worth the risk... only exception is when there is way to much fire, then i near feel guilty reviving the guy because we both die after 0.9 seconds after he is resurrected

in biolab do i take that high risk revive after i ran out of revive grenades, just so i can die and get more ? sure, it saves me at least 20 seconds to run back and resupply , instead i can just die and in that 20 seconds probably make many 100's of XP with using revive grenades

will i get in cover standing right next to a spawn point when targeting that air with my rocket launcher ? hell no, if i get the kill or assist it will be 400-1000XP, if i save my self in cover i will most definitively miss the opportunity in exchange for getting 1 less death

and so on, dying in this game is a resource (especially support), and it WILL mess up your KDR
  13. GSZenith

what happened to your mossi sign :( crashed?
  14. Pella

Yeah. I lost the URL and didnt save it :(
  15. NoctD

Its easy, and you don't even need to die! Just find a large empty friendly base with busted turrets or even better, hacked turrets. If you have your 5 daily ribbons to claim, even better.

Or find a big empty continent without a lot of friendly territory. Go gen busting and turret farming.
    • Up x 1
  16. Zenanii

You don't care about K/D, yet you felt the need to make a post telling everybody how little you care about K/D? Conflicting messages here. . .
  17. HooliganPrime

[IMG]
    • Up x 1
  18. GSZenith

ouch :(
  19. siiix

respect for that, there is no way in hell i can do 50 kills / hour (50 kills calculated with 400XP / kill = 20000 and thats generous with only 50% bonus) and then additional 80000XP, thats a kill in a minute + 4x more additional points then me

even if an event was includes that is just insane, an event is max around 15000 XP

not even sure how you do that, but what i'm sure about is that 99.9% of players cant do what you did there
    • Up x 1
  20. Izriul

The highest score I had peaked at 270k while averaging at around 170k during double XP week - Before alerts. With alerts it would be much higher. That was through killing stuff. Sitting on my hiney with the AV turret.

KDR means nothing, but what does that have to do with SPH. Some months ago 17000 might have been average, but after all the XP buffs, alerts, bonus's etc, it's a lot less. If you're happy with that, good for you, but hardly thread worthy.