15 Years Anniversary (rant)

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by freeAmerish, May 17, 2018.

1. freeAmerish

Fifteen years of Planetside franchise...

But how it gets celebrated?

One week double XP for all. Imho that´s fine.
    Bending Beacon, funny....
    The Suppressor. A cool idea, to bring back a weapon from Planetside 1. Even it´s a MKV Suppressed with only a different look. But seriously only available for 1499 DayBreak cash? For a SMG which is already unlockable for 1000 Certs!
    Bundles 1999 DayBreak cash, with body armour from Planetside 1, with a decal and camo plus the Suppressor on top.

What I like to say is, give everyone at least one free item! Or a chance to unlock something with Certs.
    Like the decals for second and fifth anniversary of Planetside 2, also some other decals were/are unlockable for free.
    Or the Suppressor could be unlockable via Certs, like NS Deep Freeze and the Flare Guns.
    Halloween and Holliday events had always a few things for free through their directives.
    Developers handed out weapons for free like the platinum versions of NS-11 and Tanto.
    Or, or, or... and so on...

Fifteen years of Planetside! And all we get, is to spend approximately 15$ / 14€ / 12.5£ for a SMG that already exists? And even more if someone wants the decal and the PS 1 armour.
    • Up x 3
  2. Twin Suns

On a scale of 1 to 10...that rant was a 1. IMHO.
    • Up x 2
  3. Campagne

I agree. I launched PS2 today just to see if I could grab it for 1000 certs.
  4. JobiWan

I think the bundles are poor, unless you're new. I've not seen one person use the bending beacon yet.

It's all rather meh.
  5. freeAmerish

Sorry for not being YAMIKS.

If someone doesn´t need this special PS1 stuff, he/she could get other cosmetics and a MKV Suppressed cheaper.
  6. Gushroom

probably the worst part is that people who did not play ps1 , do not give a **** about that decal anyways... So i agree , why the **** give it away? I dont think i have heard anyone saying "I'm going to pick up that bundle for that decal!". Now no one will know whom supported the franchise for many years before ps2... a little decal but a big mistake!!
  7. Twin Suns

Is YAMIKS a shoe??? Must be a new generation thingy. *shrugs*

The truth is, I agree with ya killer.

Unfortunately, you're delivery was more in line with a complaint. Rants are witty and funny using the entertainment value itself to get you're point across.

Any hoot....2 peas in a bucket. o7
  8. Ragnarock

I've got more than 3k certz in the past two days and I'm a non-member, so this event is a win win for me.
    • Up x 2
  9. breeje

Yamiks is just some angry Youtuber, but he is wright on the nail with some of his rants
    • Up x 1
  10. Twin Suns

I'd rather have a soothing Jack & Coke while watching baby seals getting drop kicked off a cliff.

***no baby seals we're injured while typing this statement***
  11. breeje

i completely understand, the thing that puts me of is his annoying voice
    • Up x 1
  12. Liewec123

i do agree that it seems like a fairly naff way to celebrate 15 years of a franchise,
    double xp is cool but nothing out of the ordinary, that is the only "pro" of the celebration

the "cons" are that the bundles are straight-up crates of random junk.
    the new armours are too bad to mention and the gun is waaay too expensive (and useless).

so yup i agree, pretty disappointing way to celebrate such a big milestone!
    • Up x 2