12x Scope Sway...So frustrating

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by Creeplord, Dec 2, 2012.

1. Creeplord

Hi guys,
    I just unlocked the XM-98 Sniper rifle on my Vanu. Threw a x 12 scope on it, and I noticed that the sway makes it extremely difficult to get head shots. Body shoots don't seem to do a damn thing, so I've been trying to practice. But it seems like getting accurate head shoots is impossible, from maybe 200 feet ish distance the sway is over 1-2 feet away/above/left/right of my target.
    Do I need to cert into something ? Or get an attachment ? Anyway to fight this ridiculous sway.
    I wish they would implement a "hold your breath" option...
  2. Johari

There is a hold your breath option. When in scope hold Shift to stabilize it.
  3. Pigdish

Sounds like you are not holding down left shift to hold you breath.
  4. Creeplord

Well now I feel stupid...
    Thanks guys....lol
  5. Ghostfox

Wonderful how much detail they give you on things like this in game... I felt goofy the first time I learned of this myself.
  6. Scan

Imagine how awesome you'd be, if you learned to get headshots without holding breath to compensate for the sway. :cool:
  7. Lokarin

What kind of PC do you have where you can even shoot at 12x... how do you increase the enemy draw distance?
  8. Ghostfox

Pretty beefy one. I've had little issue with long distance rendering.
  9. Jeos DInas

No joke, I did this for a while after returning this game. Played in beta, forgot about breath control when I came back and was taking the 12x shots. And I also was stunned by the sway, compensated and made good shots sometimes. Not often. But now that I've done it, I am almost glad I forgot it because I'm shooting solid now.
  10. Noctover

Draw distance is capped and decreased the more players there are in the area. In large fights the range can go down to less than 50ft, its a complete joke and easily the biggest problem with the game.
  11. ThElement078

Press shift

enjoy!
  12. Caspartine

Do not worry, even though there is something like "sprint/hold breath" in the key bindings, many of us found out the hard way:p Back in the beta, sprinting around, I sometimes kept pushing shift while I scoped. Then I realized, my mental breathing was actually holding my breath to stabilize the scope...